Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    In a recent post it is stated that these 2 dungeons will idd have something extra but people will do more then 2 dungeons a week lol and the ilvl is the same for all mythic dungeons. U are clearly not well-informed on the legion dungeons

I honestly think the term "Mythic" is confusing a lot of ppl
    As I said to another person, I made a mistake and had a moment of assuming the other dungeons wouldn't have a higher difficulty than heroic.

And the termology might be confusing some people, however I based my response on the information supplied in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Im not sure if you mean all dungeons now, or just specific those two?

Either way its a shit idea. Probably the shittest idea Ive read all month.

If we apply it to all dungeons, gearing just going to be a pain.

If its applied to just two: sure it'll start great, but then it goes shit, and all the other dungeons get neglected. For example, I think its a pretty fair compparison to say that, IC Dungeons on heroic, were at the time, eqvuiliant or harder than our mythic dungeons are. So we can use that as a nice model. Everyone will be in two dungeons, and everything else will be a ghost town

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck me 1% who said that. I've done mythic dungeons plenty of times without issues or reading up on them, and I never did more than Kar on normal difficulty raiding wise this expansion xD
    The guy I was responding to in my post was claiming that making 2 dungeons mythic only was catering to the 1%. I was trying to explain to him/her that mythic dungeons are not as difficult as mythic raiding.

Not sure I understand. People are complaining because they have to form their own group?? Or is it because mythic is "difficult" ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Which is why leaving Mythic locked behind suramar, but having normal and heroic be normally available would work. Mythic stays something to strive for no matter where you are in the expansion, while normal and heroic work like every other dungeon.

This entire issue just seems like it's being made into a larger problem than it is.
    This is only an issue with a very very few, a small minority of players.. quite frankly who feel they are entitled to see ALLLLLLLL the content by the click of a button.

Blizzard develops content aimed at all types of players. They don't have to have EVERY piece of content available to every single fucking player. This is overall a very welcomed change among the community.. just look at the official forums. The upvotes on this change are enormous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Not sure I understand. People are complaining because they have to form their own group?? Or is it because mythic is "difficult" ?
    There is a misconception that mythic dungeons are "difficult," especially among the casual playerbase who just enjoys the queue game. So a) they are afraid to run them because of.. "difficulty" and b) they don't like that their precious big red "queue up for free loot" button wont get them into these two... yes let me emphasize this T.W.O. dungeons. They actually have to do some "work" and form a group or join one to see this content...

Its almost as if Blizzard is trying to provide content aimed for ALL types of players... who knew?!

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Makes me wonder as well since there is a JCer quest that comes from the Arcway dungeon, they may want to change it as well otherwise there might be a few pissed off JCers..
    I don't see why. It has been common practice for years for certain patterns to drop from raids and even this expac had one that only dropped from a mythic dungeon. If they want the reward they can do the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    For me it's the first one. I don't have time to socialize; when i want to play, all i could until legion was queue for it and at least see every dungeon. I also don't have time to wait or to socialize with jerks wo requires 850 ilvl for a 830 ilvl-dungeon. I also have often work to do, or looking for my people, so the dungeonfinder is quite nice; i hear when the invite is here, i simply can also let the invite go off if i need to look for my people in RL and yes, if that makes me unsocial then i'm happy about it.

Removing these dungeons from Heroic is simply a stupid move to please Snowflakes and that's not something we need nowadays. Heck, we have mythic+ for them, so removing 2 dungeons from the queue is simply a very stupid move.

If they want to add attunements for this dungeons ok, but then setting a barrier is simply stupid.

the only people who are really creating a stink about mythic only dungeons are those who are lazy, antisocial, and apathetic

Sure! I think it's good to have goals to work towards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    the only people who are really creating a stink about mythic only dungeons are those who are lazy, antisocial, and apathetic
    Someone is watching a certain youtuber I believe
    Asmongold? no?

Actually they just can't stand people like you. Baffling.

Or people who has a real life. Complete new concept that there is a live beside WoW. I can't look for groups and wait in game for 1/2-2 hour to find a group. I need to look for my parents and have a lot of other things to do. Then when i have time, sometimes even at midnight i queue in, quest a bit, if it pops up, i join the group, then go through the dungeon or can also not join if i don't have time or simply i don't like to join right now.

Also i don't need to socialize a lot too: i join, play and do my thing, we kill the bosses and i leave. Too easy for me yes, but the tool works. I simply don't want to anger myself with elitist jerks or other kind of immature players. If they want to add mythic with the lfd-tool nothing against it. I rather wipe sometimes then socialize much. If i want to socialize i have my friends. But forcing to socialize is simply stupid, and for me personally it's one big factor that i don't buy legion as long as this doesn't get reverted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Actually they just can't stand people like you. Baffling.
    I've couldn't say it better. Exactly this kind of people let me embrace lfd and lfr. And ironically exactly there i've meet far less jerks and found some good friends rather than in any premade-group where the leader is often an arrogant jerk or someone who simply wants to run quickly through the instance, have himself ilvl 800, but requires 850 min for an instance that drops 830.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    No, this is a dumb change. You are never going to get all dungeons taken off a queue and with that in mind, it's nonsensical to make 2 of the 10 dungeons Mythic-only, when you can simply make them Mythic as well as Heroic and Normal.

Maybe if Pristine Servers were a thing right now, I'd support the change. Only that way you couldn't piss off the majority of the playerbase which "have lives".
    Have lives? The majority of those who run LFR or who don't raid actually spend more hours in game doing nonsense than those who do raid or those who already run mythic dungeons. So your point is pretty invalid. Hell mythic raiders log less game time than most "casuals"

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    There's irony because this ISN'T an issue with their changes. You are implying there is one to begin with. The issue before was the story grind was restrictive to accessing, but blizzard wants you to have the full story going in. This is an elegant solution really as it shifts expectation. There is no 'problem'.
    There's clearly an issue because there are a lot of people who think having 2 out of the 10 dungeons in the expansion not in the pool for use for LFD is bad, whether or not you have to do the story.

Weren't they tied to profession quests?

Biggest problem is probably the warrior order hall class campain and some proffession. Casual LFR warrior players will have to do mythic quart of stars to get their last artifact slot unlocked on their weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    Kinda partial about it.

On one hand it's less variety during leveling, on the other it's something to look forward to (and will be new the first time) right after dinging 110.
    Well they were never going to be aviable during leveling anyways so.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Weren't they tied to profession quests?
    They still are.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's clearly an issue because there are a lot of people who think having 2 out of the 10 dungeons in the expansion not in the pool for use for LFD is bad, whether or not you have to do the story.
    Correction: a laughable minority of people.

There is praise all over the official forums for this change.

Instead of just mythic, why not offer normal and heroic modes too?

We just build groups for them in /2 and /General like we did in TBC and early WoTLK.

Personally I am not too keen on this idea of Mythic Dungeons anyway, I'd much rather have Heroics like they were back in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Correction: a laughable minority of people.

There is praise all over the official forums for this change.
    Using the official forums as a guide or a measure is proven to mean nothing. It's funny how when it supports someone's arguments, it's suddenly proof of value, but when it doesn't match personal arguments it's a vocal minority. Gimme a break Jaylock, even you're better than this.

It's no different than separate pools functionally, and that's been done before fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."