Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 70 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well unless raza or someone else claims it, im doubtful that it happened because Catta is among the most likely lynched, if not mafia there is no way they'd pick him to NK

And for the record it wasn't me.

Interesting dragon mechanic and sounds very much like a mafia mechanic given it'd be something to use in tandem with others and kind of useless alone. Maybe you're not the one with the pacify mechanic and just made sure he couldn't evade it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    My pseudodragon makes sure its target cant evade among other things. Hence why you can see it having hit all the people I've considered scum throughout the game.
    So let me get this straight, did something happen concerning Anakso or Val last night and your dragon which is why you are accusing them of being scum today? And why we don't see your pseudodragon out during this day's opening post? Did you target Anakso or Val last night?
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    So let me get this straight, did something happen concerning Anakso or Val last night and your dragon which is why you are accusing them of being scum today? And why we don't see your pseudodragon out during this day's opening post? Did you target Anakso or Val last night?
    Ive accused them of being scum for a long time - and no, my pseudo dragon is nice enough to protect me from those trying to murder me.

Senna, I think you're town so take this with a grain of salt, but some (not all) of your reads are based on tone and gut feels. They aren't based on actual interactions or motivations. Tone is not a good way to catch scum. You might assume positive tone implies eagerness, and eagerness implies towniness. If so, it's passible but it's a very weak assumption because scum can fake tone (in fact, that's something they'll often try to do). Eagerness, depending on the player, may not be as easy to fake. But even eagerness isn't always alignment indicative (unless it's specific to the player and you know that player has certain tells). My point is that while I like how eager you are, I just want to suggest that you reevaluate some of your reads based on content and not just tone.

With that said, I've had to reevaluate some of my own reads.

Kryllian claimed he was in a dream like state yesterday. That sounds very much like something I can see a Fey Warlock being able to do. Unless Kryllian was lying (it's entirely possible, but it's a very clever lie if so -- and if he was lying, it suggests to me a high probability he has a partner, because that seems like a coordinated lie and also one aimed at helping him to win), I think that does incriminate Catta. Catta has not outright denied or confessed to doing it either, which only adds to my suspicion.

Catta claims he was targeted last night (he seems to think for a kill, though I'm not sure how he would know this). In the hypothetical case that Catta is not mafia, I do not see mafia going after him unless they have reason to think he's dangerous. He is a very obvious potential lynch target, and there are several townie players as well as at least one claimed killer to worry about. If Catta was targeted for a kill, it was a town kill or a SK kill, imo. I suspect the person who did it is unlikely to fess up to it, so we may never know. But since I'm already suspicious that Anakso may be an SK, I can definitely see him doing it. It would both lend credibility to his claim that he knows who the scum are as well as help eliminate a competing scum faction who might be on the cusp of winning.

I feel like Allowyn and Valyrian have basically checked out of this game. Val did post yesterday (which is more than can be said of Allowyn) but he was about as useless as Allowyn anyways. This is a huge red flag and I feel like it may be possible they're both scum. I've been passively assuming that the mafia would not have duplicate roles. But if town can have 3 of the same role (all three being semi-suspicious), why can't the mafia have 2? This is also why I'm now questioning Catta's alignment. I gave him a pass based on the belief he couldn't be in Celtic's team. But that's a meta-game assumption that I probably shouldn't be making. Would the mafia have 2 duplicate roles (Allowyn + Valyrian, Celtic + Catta)? Again, it's meta, so I don't know.

Robo has obviously checked out. If Catta was targeted for a kill last night, the fact that killer didn't go for Robo means to me they are either a bad vigi or (it seems more likely) they are an SK. Someone with a town kill should have hit Robo. This adds to my belief there is still an SK alive.

Virothe I had a soft town read on, which I realize now was almost entirely because of his claim to have protected Xanjori. But he admitted to being a priest early on. Like ridiculously early on, and with very very little justification. A doctor with multiple claimed protection abilities is still alive. That's insane if true, or scum if not. His contributions this game outside of the first day or two have been very very minimal. What he posted today was silly in the sense that he basically admitted he's not even paying attention. I am no longer town reading him. He's not at the top of my scum list (only because Allowyn, Valyrian and Catta have that honor) but he's really high up there now.

Crackle has been unusually quiet this game. Again, his first few days he had decent contribution, but then he just died off. That is extremely unlike town Crackle. I'd like to give him a passive town read for a few of the things he's said this game, but at this point I can't. He's edging up to a solid scum read for me.

That leaves town as Senna, Razamith, Arialla, myself, maybe Robo, and MAYBE Allowyn or Valyrian.

My theory is that the scum team is Catta, Allowyn and/or Valyrian, Virothe and Crackle.

And Anakso as SK. (I don't completely dismiss the possibility Anakso is town though, and I wouldn't want to lynch him today anyways because I'm pretty sure he's not mafia.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Ive accused them of being scum for a long time - and no, my pseudo dragon is nice enough to protect me from those trying to murder me.
    Ok true, I know today's not the first time you were interested in them. Please bear with me, my reading comprehension is shit. So you did not target Val or Anakso last night with your dragon. Is the protect from your dragon something you have to declare or a passive?
    Mafia History

Please bear with me,
    Rawr rawr rawr?

So no one died? Nice, gives town an extra day.

Gonna flip through the past 20 pages an reevaluate the current roster of players for anyone who has yet to become scummier than Robo.

Obligatory:

FoS: Robo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    So no one died? Nice, gives town an extra day.

Gonna flip through the past 20 pages an reevaluate the current roster of players for anyone who has yet to become scummier than Robo.

Obligatory:

FoS: Robo
    I'm gonna quote you because I don't know how to do a mention with your name (it has spaces ). What do you think of the Catta/Anakso interactions?
    Mafia History

@Valyrian the Moofia Boss

Testing...

- - - Updated - - -

Senna, the mention feature is smart. It will look for the best match following the @ symbol (but will look for an exact match, so @Senna won't work)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it won't work to contact you, anyways :P

7+ Year Old Account
    @Valyrian the Moofia Boss

Also Testing
    Mafia History

10+ Year Old Account
    @Dendrek I don't think Catta is a likely kill even for an SK because as you agree his chances of being lynched are higher than most, if he was targeted it had to be by town, and it wasn't me so either it was Raza, someone else has a kill or he's lying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Huh how about that. I couldn't get it to work for some reason last time, maybe I spelled it wrong. Sorry for the confusion Val, but pls answer #1388.

@Catta Adorable, but can you please answer the rest of post #1385? Thanks.

@Dendrek Thank you for the advice, it's always welcome. I don't know which reads you are referring to: I use gut-feels but not tone usually. Tone can be faked easily as you pointed out, so I don't use it solely. However, I use gut feels either when someone hasn't contributed enough content and interactions to read with or if their content/interactions are roughly equally townie and scummy. It's clear though I thought that if I'm using gut feels that implies an amount of uncertainty with the read.
    Mafia History

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251;40907233
    [MENTION=548767
    Catta[/MENTION] Adorable, but can you please answer the rest of post #1385? Thanks.
    I'm not gonna divulge how my protections works other than that I know it was triggered last night because someone tried to kill me or I was roleblocked. My money is one the former considering the distinct lack of deaths...

I meant regarding me and Catta. Both reads seemed to be based on tone. Perhaps I misunderstood your reads though?

7+ Year Old Account
    OK, thanks Catta. Rawr, rawr, rawr rawr growl.

Does anyone else have the "prevent people from evading" ability?

And Dendrek, yeah, to clarify I felt that Catta's posts when I last analyzed them had mainly town motivations behind it while also comparing this game Catta to previous games Catta. For you it's a gut feel plus I didn't like how you worded one of your posts. It makes me wonder if you're thinking with a scum mindset. However, there's nothing wrong with questioning or commenting on my reads. I have to ask though, is your town read on me due to me being eager?

I really should go to bed now.
    Mafia History

I did not attempt a kill last night. As stated in opening I was hit by a rock, which i now have and can throw or study or start the worlds lamest rock collection with 1 rock.

If dendrek is scum then he's forming quite a similar picture of the game i have/am and I'd be in trouble (with misreads), down to the fact that a second SK if it exists isn't the worst thing for town right now. A double town kill night could happen but so could cross kills and fairly evenly numerically. Whichever scum can succeed in crosskill greatly ups their chance of winning. I wouldn't shrug off removing a faction kill totally either (again, if still 2/pair) but red flip is what we need to shoot for ideally, though either works.

Celtics reads back when he was not a suspect [#1047] had him going after valy for bullshit want to lynch, attack arialla (earlier, lighter in read statement), "catta making sense strong town feeling" that was odd at that time to me, crackle flip flop saying town twice, allowyn with "nice big posts" which i called out (also said allowyn/kryll shadows), and the rest of the reads. Now of course playing the wifom/dont-trust-anything-scum-says game, but those stood out to me RE: situation today. I cant ignore his eye callout of robo/virothe too, and his robo read was lurky want to lynch.

I called out catta on his hypocritical statement after the large lynch (attempt 2) [my post #960]. He did address it but it hasn't been vacated from his record. Catta's vote record relies on jynx #2 vote. At first i thought "next to celtic scum bus #2 & #3?" then looked into how it played out: graeham voted in between [unvoted later] and celtic quoted catta and said said "good point, but i'll stick on robo", then after jynx bad statement voted him. Still close together but contextually possible. Large was post hammer (irrelevant, he was obvious that day) and Kryll was SK. I'm not completely sold either way on this vector, but its not favorable.

There's more, like the likelihood of warlocks x 2 (class most associated with "bad" even though unfairly) both being scum, but that's unreliable as we've seen with town. I also cant discount the dragon being a self protect + flavor roleblock for town, but easily fits scum. On the flipside we've been burnt from that too many times on abilities so only lightly considering. Not 100% sold but have a definite lean.

I have to ask though, is your town read on me due to me being eager?
    You remind me of when I first started playing. It's a character read, but it's admittedly based on a gut feeling. It's more than just the fact that you're eager, it's the fact that you're driven -- enough that you spent A LOT of time writing up your big collection of reads posts. You still have a bit of a newish player naiveté, which makes that kind of effort hard to accomplish as scum. As I said in an earlier post, if you do that in a future game, I won't give you the same benefit of a doubt. But in this game it's a pretty solid town tell.

That said, there's a very minor possibility you're an SK. Kryllian blatantly "clearing" you in such a weird way (claiming he had a scum read on you and was hoping to NK you by confirming you were in the mafia) when I don't think anyone else this game is/was scum reading you seemed like it was either a lie or a poor read/choice on his part. That said, scum usually like to distance themselves from their partners; so while "clearing" you would have been the right choice if you are Kryllian's partner, I don't think he would have done it.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Dendrek Virothe is kinda weird. His claim was out of the ordinary. He had no pressure on him really, his claim didn't really mean anything afaik and claims to be cleric with healing/preventing type abilities. Yet is still alive. I did say his claim was a "little trusting" (meaning he has trust in someone to be able to claim - town shouldn't really trust anyone), pretty closely afterwards he claimed. I just don't get his claim timing, especially being another Cleric. It is suspicious.

ALSO, EVIDENTLY. Something did and something didn't happen last night. That much is noted. There was no kills. Someone has claimed to block said kill. Whether that is truth I WONDER.

Virothe has claimed to be able to prevent kills. I want to entertain the idea IT IS POSSIBLE that Virothe saved Catta? Then turning it around on Anakso? I don't know, I feel like that could be a play. Evidently this theory doesn't explain why CATTA would know this. Unless his "dragon" really does help him with stuff just added more spin for wifom reasons.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2016-06-16 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    That's insane if true
    Nah what's insane is I claimed and still haven't used my self protect and I'm still alive, That's insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    [MENTION=534822]Virothe has claimed to be able to prevent kills. I want to entertain the idea IT IS POSSIBLE that Virothe saved Catta?
    Assume whatever you want, I aint gonna admit if I did or didn't do anything because honestly doing that in this type of game where limited amount of uses on most abilities is a given it would be pretty stupid to let people know what I have or haven't done.

-He says after stating he hasn't self protected-

You get some Wifom, She gets some Wifom, EVERYBODY GETS SOME WIFOM!

10+ Year Old Account
    My feelings right now are either town has a kill we don't know about, or the only way Catta is town is if mafia really fucked up last night because literally the only thing even half convincing me to vote someone else is the missing kills last night and Cattas dragon not doing anything, the claim does fit though of course we only really have his word that that is the reason for the missing dragon, and even if the kill had gone through it would have been stupid (unless they are 1 kill away from winning) because then we'd have to vote someone else.

The idea of Catta being NKd just kind of doesn't make sense to me. Did they fear the pseudodragon that much? or could it be that he's town and every other person not mafia has claimed some way of protecting them selves, where as Catta hadn't until just now. That's the only reason I can think of that they'd try and NK Catta.