12 16.44%

8 10.96%

14 19.18%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

[GAME] Rate The Character /10! NOMINEE Day #48: Daelin Proudmoore

Rules:

- One random character to be polled every day, by rolling the dice. There is no predetermined list of names, so ANY character in the Warcraft universe could appear at any given day.
    - Characters need 5 nominations to make it to the next poll. Meaning, any given character to get 5 unique nominations will be due the next day instead of picking a random character.
    - If a character has two incarnations, both from the main and alternative universes, then the poll will be referring to both versions simultaneously.
    - Every ten days, we will have a major character up, instead of a random! This will serve the purpose of giving you guys something to look forward to for sticking around. Meaning, Days #10,20,30... etc will be guaranteed to have a big name showing. This doesn't mean they won't appear in random days though, nor that you should stop nominating them if you want to see them sooner.
    Nominations Rules Update - 9/6/2016

* Players are limited to only one nomination per topic per user. You can still nominate a new character every single day once if you want.
    * Any nominated character that remains at either 1/5 or 2/5 nomination for five days will be dropped off the nominations list. Everyday, a character with either a 1/5 or 2/5 nomination will receive an exclamation mark (!). Once a character receives five marks, they will be dropped.
    * If a character qualified from 1/5 to 2/5, their exclamation mark (!) counter will reset, meaning they get to stay five additional days on 2/5 even if they were previously on 4 x (!) at 1/5, before being dropped.
    * Any character to get 3/5 nominations can NOT be dropped off the list under any circumstances.
    * The Game Master preserves the right to decline any nomination without justifying the reason, although one will be presented for most cases. The Game Master can't denominate or reduce the amount of nominations any character receives under any circumstances.
    * The Game Master can not nominate any new characters, or endorse any already existing characters with an extra nomination.

Today's Character: Daelin Proudmoore

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Daelin_Proudmoore

Have fun voting, everyone! And don't forget to place your nominations as well!

Ranking:

Day #34: Khadgar - 8.77/10 (80 votes)
    Day #10: Arthas Menethil - 8.71/10 (52 votes)
    Day #21: Gul'dan - 8.65/10 (57 votes)
    Day #33: Medivh - 8.48/10 (56 votes)
    Day #06: Varok Saurfang - 8.11/10 (37 votes)
    Day #07: Daval Prestor - 8.05/10 (20 votes)
    Day #35: Lei Shen - 8.01/10 (67 votes)
    Day #17: Cairne Bloodhoof - 7.98/10 (42 votes)
    Day #01: Anduin Lothar - 7.90/10 (31 votes)
    Day #20: Illidan Stormrage - 7.77/10 (63 votes)
    Day #23: Ner'zhul - 7.76/10 (59 votes)
    Day #45: Zul'jin: 7.76/10 (54 votes)
    Day #26: Kel'Thuzad - 7.75/10 (62 votes)
    Day #28: Anub'arak - 7.64/10 (50 votes)
    Day #37: Kael'thas Sunstrider - 7.55/10 (66 votes)
    Day #32: Rexxar - 7.4/10 (63 votes)
    Day #25: Bolvar Fordragon - 7.34/10 (61 votes)
    Day #36: Varian Wrynn - 7.05/10 (67 votes)
    Day #08: Fandral Staghelm - 7.04/10 (23 votes)
    Day #46: Alexstrasza - 6.95/10 (73 votes)
    Day #43: Malfurion Stormrage - 6.93/10 (73 votes)
    Day #16: Chen Stormstout - 6.92/10 (39 votes)
    Day #04: Cho'gall - 6.88/10 (34 votes)
    Day #40: Thrall - 6.75/10 (83 votes)
    Day #27: Sylvanas Windrunner 6.74/10 (93 votes)
    Day #44: Moira Bronzebeard - 6.73/10 (67 votes)
    Day #13: Wrathion - 6.68/10 (40 votes)
    Day #05: Liadrin - 6.64/10 (36 votes)
    Day #39: Archimonde - 6.58/10 (81 votes)
    Day #42: Lor'themar Theron - 6.49/10 (94 votes)
    Day #46: Tyrande Whisperwind - 6.40/10 (73 votes)
    Day #30: Azshara - 6.32/10 (75 votes)
    Day #38: Magatha Grimtotem - 6.27/10 (55 votes)
    Day #19: Rokhan - 6.15/10 (38 votes)
    Day #41: Nathanos Blightcaller - 6.1/10 (70 votes)
    Day #03: Maiev Shadowsong - 6.09/10 (33 votes)
    Day #22: Jaina Proudmoore - 6.04/10 (66 votes)
    Day #14: Johnny Awesome - 6.03/10 (37 votes)
    Day #12: Genn Greymane - 6.02/10 (54 votes)
    Day #11: Baine Bloodhoof - 6/10 (43 votes)
    Day #31: Shandris Feathermoon - 5.86/10 (57 votes)
    Day #15: Garona Halforcen - 5.8/10 (25 votes)
    Day #00: Kalecgos - 5.74/10 (31 votes)
    Day #18: Alleria Windrunner - 5.73/10 (40 votes)
    Day #29: Vol'jin - 5.4/10 (82 votes)
    Day #02: Velen - 5.39/10 (23 votes)
    Day #09: Lilian Voss - 4.64/10 (33 votes)
    Day #24: Med'an - 2.37/10 (70 votes)

Nominations:

Qualified to Day #49: Elune - 5/5 (Sinraye, Snowraven, DemonHunter18, Zulkhan, Enthralled)
    Qualified to Day #51: Yogg-Saron - 5/5 (Snowraven, Crawclaw, Lemonpartyfan, Lycanhero, Thrif)
    Qualified to Day #52: Garrosh Hellscream - 5/5 (Melsiren, Enthralled, Soulwind, littleman40, True Horde)
    Qualified to Day #53: Orgrim Doomhammer - 5/5 (Soulwind, Crawclaw, Zulkhan, Arrashi, Rathbourne)
    Qualified to Day #54: Magni Bronzebeard - 5/5 (Humbugged, Snowraven, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Iconja, Xiu the Timewanderer)
    Qualified to Day #55: Vereesa Windrunner - 5/5 (Zulkhan, Melsiren, Enthralled, DemonHunter18, Amaterasu65)
    Qualified to Day #56: Vashj - 5/5 (Sinraye, Snowraven, Enthralled, Crawclaw, devven9)
    Qualified to Day #57: Millhouse Manastorm - 5/5 (BAMyouhaveaids, Lemonpartyfan, Smallfruitbat, Captain Douchebag)
    Qualified to Day #58: Moroes - 5/5 (Raiju, Smallfruitbat, Xiu the Timewanderer, devven9, Lemonpartyfan)
    Qualified to Day #59: Tirion Fordring - 5/5 (TheramoreIsTheBomb, Zulkhan, Melsiren, Project 501D13R, Arafal123)
    Qualified to Day #61: Yrel - 5/5 (Snowraven, Soulwind, Flurryfang, Smallfruitbat, Xiu the Timewanderer)
    Qualified to Day #62: Maraad - 5/5 (DarklingThrush, Snowraven, Kelthos, Rathbourne, DemonHunter18)
    Qualified to Day #63: Uther - 5/5 (McNeil, Snowraven, Lemonpartyfan, Soulwind, Xiu the Timewanderer)
    Qualified to Day #64: Sinestra - 5/5 (OIS, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Crawclaw, DemonHunter18, Mari of Myth)
    Qualified to Day #65: Brann Bronzebeard - 5/5 (Soulwind, IgnisVenom, Arafal123, DarklingThrush, Enthralled)
    Qualified to Day #66: Kil'Jaeden - 5/5 (Friendlyimmolation, littleman40, Rathbourne, DemonHunter18, Roudene)
    Qualified to Day #67: Ysera - 5/5 (Sinraye, Snowraven, Smallfruitbat, TheMineKnight, devven9)
    Qualified to Day #68: Malygos - 5/5 (Enthralled, devven9, Crawclaw, Xiu the Timewanderer, Combatbulter)
    Qualified to Day #69: Taretha Foxton - 5/5 (Friendlyimmolation, Greenpro, Snowraven, Smallfruitbat, Xiu the Timewanderer)
    Qualified to Day #71: Muradin Bronzebeard - 5/5 (Enthralled, Sinraye, Snowraven, Smallfruitbat, Rathbourne)
    Qualified to Day #72: Edwin VanCleef - 5/5 (Melsiren, Soulwind, Snowraven, Xiu the Timewanderer, Darchow)
    Qualified to Day #73: Jarod Shadowsong - 5/5 (Lycanhero, Sinraye, Enthralled, Snowraven, DemonHunter18)
    Qualified to Day #74: Sargeras - 5/5 (jasontheking1234, Rathbourne, Soulwind, DemonHunter18, Arafal123)
    Qualified to Day #75: Sally Whitemane - 5/5 (Zanjin, Sinraye, Snowraven, McNeil, Enthralled)
    Qualified to Day #76: Nozdormu - 5/5 (Mari of Myth, Melsiren, Enthralled, Soulwind, Lycanhero)
    Qualified to Day #77: Valeera Sanguinar - 5/5 (Roudene, Sinraye, TheMineKnight, Lycanhero, Enthralled)
    Qualified to Day #78: Mal'Ganis - 5/5 (Sinraye, Snowraven, Crawclaw, McNeil, Xiu the Timewanderer)
    Qualified to Day #79: Darius Crowley - 5/5 (Flurryfang, Warcrafting, Xiu the Timewanderer, Enthralled, Arafal123)
    Qualified to Day #81: Putress - 5/5 (Friendlyimmolation, Roudene, Sinraye, Terongore, Rathbourne)
    Qualified to Day #82: Akama - 5/5 (Roudene, Smallfruitbat, Melsiren, devven9, Snowraven)
    Qualified to Day #83: Nobundo - 5/5 (Snowraven, Mari of Myth, devven9, Roudene, Nirathiel)
    Qualified to Day #84: Drek'thar - 5/5 (Snowraven, Soulwind, Smallfruitbat, Forde, DemonHunter18)
    Qualified to Day #85: Rhonin - 5/5 (Enthralled, Smallfruitbat, Arafal123, Roudene)
    Qualified to Day #86: Nagrim - 5/5 (TheMineKnight, Xiu the Timewanderer, Enthralled, Crawclaw, Arafal123)
    Qualified to Day #87: Katrana Prestor - 5/5 (Lemonpartyfan, OIS, Xiu the Timewanderer. Roudene, Snowraven)
    Qualified to Day #88: Darion Mograine - 5/5 (Sinraye, Arafal123, TheMineKnight, Snowraven, Zanjin)
    Qualified to Day #89: Falstad Wildhammer - 5/5 (devven9, Snowraven, IgnisVenom, Enthralled Arafal123)
    Qualified to Day #91: Teron Gorefiend - 5/5 (Terongor, Lemonpartyfan, Enthralled, Smallfruitbat, DemonHunter18)
    Qualified to Day #92: Gruul - 5/5 (Roudene, Lemonpartyfan, Lycanhero, DemonHunter18m Houle)

Neptulon - 4/5 (Lycanhero, Roudene, Flurryfang, DemonHunter18)
    Phaoris - 4/5 (Roudene, Crawclaw, Lycanhero, Xiu the Timewanderer)
    Vincent Godfrey - 4/5 (TheramoreIsTheBomb, Terongor, Magnagarde, Enthralled)
    Alexandros Morgraine - 4/5 (Nirathiel, Sinraye, Soulwind; Lemonpartyfan)
    Arugal - 4/5 (Graden , Roudene, Igi, Enthralled)

Jastor Gallywix - 3/5 (TheCount, BAMyouhaveaids, Crawclaw)
    Halduron Brightwing - 3/5 (Lycanhero, Sinraye, Roudene)
    Thassarian - 3/5 (DarklingThrush, Roudene, devven9)
    Thoras Trollbane - 3/5 (Zanjin; Magnagarde; Littlepwny)
    Harrison Jones - 3/5 (Roudene; Enthralled, Kalec)

Vaneesa VanCleef - 2/5 (Snowraven; Sinraye) !!
    Taylor - 2/5 (Soulwind, PursueTheChase) !!
    Hamuul Runetotem - 2/5 (Roudene, Snowraven) !!
    Victor Nefarius - 2/5 (Soulwind, OIS) !
    Danath Trollbane - 2/5 (Highwhale, Littlepwny) !
    C'Thun - 1/5 (Arafal123) !!!!
    Gan'ar - 1/5 (Felixon) !!!
    Sun Wukong - 1/5 (Soulwind) !
    Aggra - 1/5 (Roudene) !
    Grommash Hellscream - 1/5 (Domcho) !
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-06-16 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Who ? Oh the dude that dies in rexxar campaign ? I give him 3/10 for proving jaina as a moron (Why daddy no move no more ? Wut happnd ?) and dying. That's all he did if i remember correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Who ? Oh the dude that dies in rexxar campaign ? I give him 3/10 for proving jaina as a moron (Why daddy no move no more ? Wut happnd ?) and dying. That's all he did if i remember correctly.
    Pretty much that is the Aftermath of WCIII. He wanted to kill 'teh evil orz' but he failed and bit the dust. His more compelling background is during WCII.

I will be generous and give him 6/10 because I think he worked well for what he was introduced to do.

I dont realy care much for the Proudmoore family. 3/10 They are all a bunch of D#$%bags to me

Nominating: Rommath

Signature made by Hinoto.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Is it appropriate to give someone bonus points for siring a dreadlord?

I nominate Thassarian

1/10 because i don't like the Proudmoore people.

Noming Gallywix :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiu the Timewanderer View Post
    1/10 because i don't like the Proudmoore people.

Noming Gallywix :P
    I think you need a bigger sig. Some people may still not recognize you.

I think you need a bigger sig. Some people may still not recognize you.
    no ty i like my sigs small :P

6/10

The guy will be remembered as the biggest orc hater, the Rexxar campaign proved that more then enough. Other than his hatred I would've loved to see more of him, like how he cooperated with the other human nations. I don't think we've seen him being much involved into his daughter Jaina while she was in Lordaeron and got together with Arthas. He was the leader of an island I'd badly want to visit in-game, but other then that he isn't that interesting. It also didn't seem much sense that he wanted Rexxar, Rokhan and Chen dead while none of them were orcs, while Rexxar was only half orc or soemthing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't think we've seen him being much involved into his daughter Jaina
    well that would kinda be awkward and disturbing tbh. :V

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    well that would kinda be awkward and disturbing tbh. :V
    Eh, jaina is tough player and had worse than him involved into her.

5/10

And that's +4 because I like sailors, pirates and stuff like that.

I nominate Grommash.

Deleted
    Eh, jaina is tough player and had worse than him involved into her.
    I WILL FIGHT YOU FOR THESE WORDS DOG.

... Unless you don't mean me and referring to all the others, in which case I will let it slide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    I WILL FIGHT YOU FOR THESE WORDS DOG.

... Unless you don't mean me and referring to all the others, in which case I will let it slide.
    My, i didn't even need to try to get the admision of guilt from you. You really should challenge women on difficulty higher than "very easy".

Verdict: GUILTY, GUILTY and GUILTY !!!

One of the greatest heroes of the Alliance and one of the defenders of Azeroth at the time when it needed one the most. Definitely a huge and important character for the Alliance. I'm surprised he isn't being prased more lorewise by the various Alliance characters in the game. He played a pivotal role in the survival and victory of the Alliance of Lordaeron.

Some will probably vote negatively here due to his position in Warcraft 3, but Daelin Proudmoore had a proper character development; the loss of his son, the suffering of all Kul Tiras and all of the Alliance of Lordaeron due to the orcish onslaught changed him irreversibly, just as Garrosh changed Jaina. In the end he was right about her.

I like that the Horde glorifies Grom Hellscream, but I don't like the way the Alliance is made out to treat its own heroes like Daelin Proudmoore. While the Horde names its seat of the warchief after Grom due to him having freed them from Mannoroth(who, in all fairness, was a bloodlusting orc that that hated the Alliance just as much as Daelin hated the Horde and chose to side with the demons in the first place by drinking Mannoroth's blood), the Alliance is scripted in a way not to show any gratitute lorewise towards what Daelin did for them. Just as Grom saved the orcs from Mannoroth, that much Daelin saved the Alliance from the orcish Horde.

Blizzard should have the Alliance pay more attention to this character lorewise.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-06-16 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    My, i didn't even need to try to get the admision of guilt from you. You really should challenge women on difficulty higher than "very easy".

Verdict: GUILTY, GUILTY and GUILTY !!!
    She drugged me into the affair, fucking goddammit.

I have better tastes when I pick the women I sleep with. Like Sylvanas. And Alexstrasza. And Azshara. And Alleria. And Rhonin's prize whom I forgot the name of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the diffrence is that grom kinda died at least partially redeeming himself while Daelin died as hate consumed animal incapable of seeing through. And then he was bloody pulp.

She drugged me into the affair, fucking goddammit.

I have better tastes when I pick the women I sleep with. Like Sylvanas. And Alexstrasza. And Azshara. And Alleria. And Rhonin's prize whom I forgot the name of.
    I see you have same approach to women as many people have to wine. You really like aged women don't you ? Something something oedipus complex.

Well the diffrence is that grom kinda died at least partially redeeming himself while Daelin died as hate consumed animal incapable of seeing through. And then he was bloody pulp.
    He died "consumed by hate" because of what the orcs did. Its not hard to understand why he acted like he did. Someone comes through a portal and tries to destroy everything you know and tries to conquer you, your people and your kin for no reason whatsoever. His character developed in a proper way. Only these new cliche characters that behave like mini-Jesuses can forgive such things(ie Khadgar).

As I said, the Alliance has no reason to try to forget about Daelin, but Blizzard seem to be intent to keep him out of being mentioned by the Alliance as one of their heroes, which he truly is. Not a Horde one obviously, but an Alliance one nontheless.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-06-16 at 10:05 AM.

We should have an expansion in an alternate Azeroth where we fight the Iron Alliance, a bunch of racist humans with technology from the future, led by High King Daelin Proudmoore!

In the end they get manipulated by the black dragonflight just like in the original universe and the final boss is Deathwing. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    We should have an expansion in an alternate Azeroth where we fight the Iron Alliance, a bunch of racist humans with technology from the future, led by High King Daelin Proudmoore!

In the end they get manipulated by the black dragonflight just like in the original universe and the final boss is Deathwing. Again.
    And Onyxia gets her head sawn back on.