Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heya @rda,

I'm not sure if Obliterum usage makes crafted stuff soulbound, but if it doesn't shuffling could be an idea for you.
    With your stockpile of blood, you can buy cheap crafted gear, make obliterum and sell ilvl upgrade services.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    No, it isn't fine that I have to ditch either Blacksmithing or Engineering on my alt to get yet another one with Mining. That's one big fuck you if I have to do that, especially when the system up to this day pretty much encourages you to take double crafter on one of your alts.
    Or fish. There's gotta be some tradeoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    No, it isn't fine that I have to ditch either Blacksmithing or Engineering on my alt to get yet another one with Mining. That's one big fuck you if I have to do that, especially when the system up to this day pretty much encourages you to take double crafter on one of your alts.
    What did you do in MOP when Spirits of Harmony were BOP

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    What did you do in MOP when Spirits of Harmony were BOP
    Motes dropped from almost every mob, and there was a plant you could use on your farm to grow motes. It was easy to get motes/spirits even without a gathering profession.

If mobs were to drop parts of BoS (say 10 parts = 1 BoS like motes were) that in addition to the world quests rewarding BoS, then that would probably be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Heya @rda,

I'm not sure if Obliterum usage makes crafted stuff soulbound, but if it doesn't shuffling could be an idea for you.
    With your stockpile of blood, you can buy cheap crafted gear, make obliterum and sell ilvl upgrade services.
    Thanks for the info, but I have unsubbed and won't be there for Legion. I don't have it in myself to sustain through crap like this anymore. The bloods staying BoP is by far not the only thing I despise in Legion, but they were the last straw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Thanks for the info, but I have unsubbed and won't be there for Legion. I don't have it in myself to sustain through crap like this anymore. The bloods staying BoP is by far not the only thing I despise in Legion, but they were the last straw.
    Gotcha. See ya around =).

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Gotcha. See ya around =).
    Only maybe on the forums and then only for some time. Yes, that's not the first time I am breaking with WoW, but the time-out periods get longer and longer.

Tell you what, if I ever resub, I will give you $10. Promise. Let's see how that will hold (I once made a similar promise to stay away from the Legion thread and it worked - ask those who are still there).

PS: No issues with you enjoying WoW. I sincerely wish you and everyone else who are staying the best.

Alchemy only needs Blood for trinkets, Enchanting doesnt need it, Ill be fine with double crafting.

Was going to be have Tailoring instead of Enchanting but there are no bigger bags in Legion Oo And selling armor has always proven to much of a hassle for me.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Bind on Account would solve everything really.

Quote Originally Posted by freernnur5 View Post
    From what I saw of a stream, you need to hit rank 3 for mining various nodes as the third rank gives the chance for the node to drop BoS. The ranks are gained via quest.

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=1844...#ability-ranks for example
    thats rank 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Only maybe on the forums and then only for some time. Yes, that's not the first time I am breaking with WoW, but the time-out periods get longer and longer.

Tell you what, if I ever resub, I will give you $10. Promise. Let's see how that will hold (I once made a similar promise to stay away from the Legion thread and it worked - ask those who are still there).

PS: No issues with you enjoying WoW. I sincerely wish you and everyone else who are staying the best.
    I'd like to *think* we can take off our masks and still recognize that humans are at the end of each keyboard. We've exchanged words a number of times and there's no harm with us sticking to our guns. Congrats on your soon-to-be freedom from mmoc =).
    If you do resub, donate ten bucks to a cool charity and screenshot it for us. I'll match!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think BoP is fine as long as tailoring has a way to get it without having to have a irrelevant prof.

Before Tanaan was launched I thought Felblights would be a pain in the ass to get (without buying them) when my profs are tailoring and enchanting. But no, and I expect bloods to be the same eventually.

Do you still need to do the Underbelly quest as pvp to open the Obliterum Forge?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Profession system wasnt designed to be a double gatherer.
    Play the game as its designed or dont complain that it doesnt cater to your needs.
    Prove it?

Also what if you have double crafting?

I think people are overreacting....seems like this is going to be similar to Spirit of Harmony where "motes"(or whatever equivalent will be) will most likely drop off mobs...in which you'll need 5 or 10 to make 1 Blood. How would Tailoring acquire Bloods?

Deleted
    My main issue with the new crafting system is that Alchemy does not have proper Obliterum source. The trinket is crafted from Infernal Brimstone and Felwort, which are more gated then bloods (ofc you can buy them from AH, but they are gonna be crazy expensive)...

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    There is also a shoulder enchant that gives you the ability to loot bags from killing mobs that can have the bloods in them. Crafting MUST be gated in some way or the economy for crafting will bottom out faster than you can even imagine. Stop crying.
    There are much better ways to stimulate and regulate WoW's economy than by applying BoP gathering items, forcing every player that is running double crafting or double gathering to drop a profession and pick up the opposite because of the developers short sighted design decisions.

Take a look at player driven economies like EVE or FFXIV. Hell, even GW2 has a better economy set up than WoW and they've had legal gold buying since its inception.

There are better ways to design a game than into a corner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    I think people are overreacting....seems like this is going to be similar to Spirit of Harmony where "motes"(or whatever equivalent will be) will most likely drop off mobs...in which you'll need 5 or 10 to make 1 Blood. How would Tailoring acquire Bloods?
    If they did, they are just repeating MoPs mistakes and encouraging Asian bot farming at easy spots until they nerf it.

If they didn't it's pushing a huge reliance on personal gathering and pretty much guarantees that anyone running a crafting profession will -have- to pick up a gathering profession to stay at all relevant.

Either way, it won't fix the problems with WoW's economy and will probably just make things worse.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Only what you speculate isn't yet in Beta, hasn't even been mentioned or even hinted at. Non gatherers will have to acquire bloods through world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Only what you speculate isn't yet in Beta, hasn't even been mentioned or even hinted at. Non gatherers will have to acquire bloods through world quests.
    The "Training the Withered" or what ever that Nightfallen quest is called gave me a couple of Bloods yesterday from the chests you loot. So there is another income it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I agree, this sucks for you, but you have to recognize that you're an outlier in the equation. Overall this is a good change for the health of the game, in my opinion. Sometimes it's better just to rip the bandaid off.

Note: I'm making it as clear as possible that this is just my opinion on the topic - I think the game does need some unpopular changes to bring back a less generic experience.
    All tailor/enchanters out there are surely not outliers in the equation. Try again.