Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I'd like to see some studies as to when it was decided that it was not acceptable. Breastfeeding in public is not exactly a new concept.
    Id wager its always made people uncomfortable to see a tit hanging out with a baby sucking at it. At least since the Puritans made anything below the chin taboo. SO like forever in this country.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I have an infant, I know how to feed one. You MOST CERTAINLY try to plan your day around their feeding.

Putting Bmilk in a bottle in NO WAY "defeats the purpose of breastfeeding" lol.

We were not Bottle feeders, I feed her from a bottle when mom wasnt home, Mom home Breast feed.
    You are considered bottle feeders even if you using both.
    There are psychological reasons attached to pure exclusive breast feeding.
    Many parents follow these principles. Many don't.
    I for myself was in your camp, we've raised with breast and bottle. But I've plenty friends that were the breast only route.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Thats the problem with the world today, IMO. "I can do it, so I will do it, fuck how every one else feels". A little consideration goes a long way to making the world a better place.

TO be clear. I do not mind her sitting in the same spot, doing the same thing, with a smock on. She would be showing a level of consideration for those around her. As is, she did what she wanted, damn every one else, and got berated for it. Should she have, no, but she did bring it on her self.
    If you want to stop a woman from breast feeding in front of you, the proper way is not to say anything to her, but to stare. Stare so long and hard it cause her to be uncomfortable and creep her out. She will pop her tit back into place so fast.

But youre being a dick to want to stop a woman from breast feeding in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I can honestly day, I don't personally know anyone who would be offended by a woman breast feeding.

But I only associate with down to earth people who aren't auto-offended by everything.
    Offended? No, thats not what I said, I said uncomfortable, as in would rather not see. I think most people would rather not see it. I also think most people would look the other way, and not flip out, but why should one person get to make a bunch of other people uncomfortable when she can just cover herself?

Thats the problem with the world today, IMO. "I can do it, so I will do it, fuck how every one else feels". A little consideration goes a long way to making the world a better place.

TO be clear. I do not mind her sitting in the same spot, doing the same thing, with a smock on. She would be showing a level of consideration for those around her. As is, she did what she wanted, damn every one else, and got berated for it. Should she have, no, but she did bring it on her self.
    So really, at the end of the day, your entire argument comes down to "Mah feels".

What about the mother's feels? What about the baby's feels?

10+ Year Old Account

I'll have to agree to disagree. I completely understand what you are saying, but I think it is a bit of a catch 22.

Women should be considerate and cover up. But those who are uncomfortable with it, should just look away. Both are simple solutions. But I side with the person who is tending to the child rather than the person who can just simply turn their head.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The point is the it defeats the purpose to do both. It is about the bonding experience.
    No, it doesnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Offended? No, thats not what I said, I said uncomfortable, as in would rather not see. I think most people would rather not see it. I also think most people would look the other way, and not flip out, but why should one person get to make a bunch of other people uncomfortable when she can just cover herself?
    Sorry, I wasn't calling you auto-offended. Just those kinds of people like the man in the video, I should had made that more clear.

"Why should gay men kiss in public when it makes a bunch of people uncomfortable...when they can just do that at home?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Id wager its always made people uncomfortable to see a tit hanging out with a baby sucking at it. At least since the Puritans made anything below the chin taboo. SO like forever in this country.
    Now we talking.. It's a remnant from the puritans, because over in Europe, you'd be golden.
    There the problems would go a whole different direction. Just don't stare towards a feeding mother, if you don't want to be accused for indecency.
    "She is feeding, what are you staring at, you pervert?". lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    If you want to stop a woman from breast feeding in front of you, the proper way is not to say anything to her, but to stare. Stare so long and hard it cause her to be uncomfortable and creep her out. She will pop her tit back into place so fast.

But youre being a dick to want to stop a woman from breast feeding in the first place.
    I NEVER said that, nor implied it. Learn to read, I said breast feeders should use a smock or some other such cover in public. To be considerate of those around her.

- - - Updated - - -

So really, at the end of the day, your entire argument comes down to "Mah feels".

What about the mother's feels? What about the baby's feels?
    1 persons feels vs the the majority of the establishments feels.....Cover your tits, be considerate.

It's always hillarious to watch americans discuss thing that are a non-issue in other parts of the world.
    Being afraid of seing a tit...always remembers me of Markene Dietrich "Sex: In America an obsession. In other parts of the world a fact.".

I'll have to agree to disagree. I completely understand what you are saying, but I think it is a bit of a catch 22.

Women should be considerate and cover up. But those who are uncomfortable with it, should just look away. Both are simple solutions. But I side with the person who is tending to the child rather than the person who can just simply turn their head.
    Why should many people be put out by 1 inconsiderate person? While only one guy in the vid acted like a asshole, I am sure more agreed, at least with the concept of what he was saying, if not how he was saying it.

"Why should gay men kiss in public when it makes a bunch of people uncomfortable...when they can just do that at home?"
    I extend that to any PDA between any combo of genders, do that shit at home, no one wants to see any one sucking face.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 persons feels vs the the majority of the establishments feels.....Cover your tits, be considerate.
    If we are using this video as an example, it appeared there was only 1 person offended, and others either defending the woman, or minding their own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You may not be able to get to your car, atm. Maybe you used public transportation. And if you simply don't want to, you don't have to. The law allows women to feed their babies in public, and if it's something that you find disgusting - nothing wrong with that - then you can remove yourself from seeing such a thing.

Remember, you're in public, not the privacy of your own home where you make the rules.
    Yes, lets remove the people who are disgusted and not the singular person doing the disgusting act. I'm in full right to wear nipple tassles and a bikini bottom with flip flops to the store, but you can be sure they will try to get me to leave rather than the people offended by me. I'm not saying breast feeding should not be allowed, but do it in a way where you aren't flashing a large group of people, or be willing to face public indecency charges like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, people should be obligated to hide everything that another human may find offensive? Being offended does not give someone justification to change the actions of another. Stephen Fry said it best:

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what."
    But look at all the things that have changed in the world because a lot of people said they were offended. For instance smokers are treated like scum of the earth now.

Sorry, I wasn't calling you auto-offended. Just those kinds of people like the man in the video, I should had made that more clear.
    And to be clear, that guy was a twat, and 100% wrong in his actions.

What about when "the establishment" is on the side of the breastfeeding mother?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It's always hillarious to watch americans discuss thing that are a non-issue in other parts of the world.
    Being afraid of seing a tit...always remembers me of Markene Dietrich "Sex: In America an obsession. In other parts of the world a fact.".
    Good old Marlene.
    Right she was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I get where you are coming from... I guess I am not looking at it from the standpoint of not doing something that is legal. If I were a mother, I would want to plan my day around when my child needs things done. So, if I needed to go to the store for something, I would want to plan that my kid is good to go. I am fine with the breastfeeding in public, it doesn;t bother me. Maybe I am weird, but when I go shopping, I want to get it done with the least number of distractions.
    Me too. I go in, get what I need, and I leave. I don't concern myself with what others are doing. I've liked walked right past people breast feeding, or picking their nose, or scratching their balls in public and didn't even notice, lol. I'm not all that concerned with what people are doing around me most the time.