Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    They dared to change their minds mid development and go for a different idea after barely mentioning their first idea! Those savages!
    I doubt they've done any development on what-might-have-been-Thal'Dranath. It's likely to have been nothing more than a spot on the map and a nap and a general concept "More Night Elf Ruins."
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Have you been keeping track of Legion development and the beta?
    Yes, and while I am pleased with most of Legion's aspects, I am not going to listen to any of Blizzard's promises. show, don't tell.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    There is literally no reasoning with these kinds of people.
    We were promised a lot of things in WOD which never made it live. For some reason you don't understand why people are skeptical of blizzard? Fool me once shame on you..fool me twice shame on me.
    Last edited by Sickjen; 2016-06-16 at 09:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

I doubt they've done any development on what-might-have-been-Thal'Dranath. It's likely to have been nothing more than a spot on the map and a nap and a general concept "More Night Elf Ruins."
    Yeah, it doesn't seem any significant development went into it yet. And honestly, while I like the NE stuff in the Legion beta, I'll be glad to be getting something else in the patch content instead of MORE NE stuff. With all the NE stuff and stuff generally related to NELVes like the emerald dream, nightborne offshoots, ruins etc this almost feels like Draenor for Night Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Yes, and while I am pleased with most of Legion's aspects, I am not going to listen to any of Blizzard's promises. show, don't tell.
    I'm right there with you. That's the thing. They've SHOWN. Everything they've shown us and talked about regarding Legion is going to end up making it into the live launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jencsik View Post
    We were promised a lot of things in WOD which never made it live and got out right cut. For some reason you don't understand why people are skeptical of blizzard? Fool me once shame on you..fool me twice shame on me.
    So far though Legion hasn't been repeating WoD's example in terms of cutting things, and we're not very far away from launch now, so it's not likely things in beta now will get cut.

We were promised a lot of things in WOD which never made it live. For some reason you don't understand why people are skeptical of blizzard? Fool me once shame on you..fool me twice shame on me.
    We're about 2 months from launch and nothing's been cut. Might be time to admit that the Dev did it right this time.

So far though Legion hasn't been repeating WoD's example in terms of cutting things, and we're not very far away from launch now, so it's not likely things in beta now will get cut.
    More-so, Garrisons were the technological aspect that caused a lot of "cut content". Being able to place them "anywhere", potentially being able to do so in later patches, only having one Major patch. Shit like that.

It's fairly obvious they learned from it since we've been having the exact opposite of what went down in WoD happen in Legion. Like, I get skepticism, you do you, but there comes a point where you have to take things for what they are/be practical rather than skeptical over an expansion we just had that obviously had more issues going on behind the scenes than we realized.

Shit happens. I'm more than happy to see things so content heavy with Legion. It's like anti-WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

What I wanted to know is why can't the "cooler idea" be actually -on- Thal'Dranath? Unless it's straight-up Argus or something, why not just do the cool concept on Thal'Dranath instead? Can't they tell people will cry wolf at the slightest scrapped thing? Why antagonize the masses if you don't have to - I'm assuming that "something cool" actually exists, and it doesn't go the way of Farahlon, beacuse if so then oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    What I wanted to know is why can't the "cooler idea" be actually -on- Thal'Dranath? Unless it's straight-up Argus or something, why not just do the cool concept on Thal'Dranath instead?
    Because, like you said, it could be something like Argus. Or some other Burning Legion world. It could be Karazhan. It could be Kezan or a new Bloodmyst Isles.

Whatever it is, it's NOT part of the Broken Isles and we know this because they literally removed it from the map. It's something else entirely different.

Let's steal a Burning Legion Star Destroyer and go invade Argus.

What I wanted to know is why can't the "cooler idea" be actually -on- Thal'Dranath? Unless it's straight-up Argus or something, why not just do the cool concept on Thal'Dranath instead? Can't they tell people will cry wolf at the slightest scrapped thing? Why antagonize the masses if you don't have to - I'm assuming that "something cool" actually exists, and it doesn't go the way of Farahlon, beacuse if so then oh boy.
    Was Farahlon ever actually promised because I pretty much recall it being a "possibility" for post-launch content if I remember the context it was talked about correctly.

Obviously correct me if I'm wrong.

What I wanted to know is why can't the "cooler idea" be actually -on- Thal'Dranath? Unless it's straight-up Argus or something, why not just do the cool concept on Thal'Dranath instead?
    A better question is why they should feel obligated to put that better idea on Thal'Dranath? And why that would even matter? It's not like Thal'Dranath is a place that has any sort of history or lore to it whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    A better question is why they should feel obligated to put that better idea on Thal'Dranath? And why that would even matter? It's not like Thal'Dranath is a place that has any sort of history or lore to it whatsoever.
    The only attachment people had was that, through speculation, it apparently lined up with N'zoth's prison.

People were hyping themselves like "OHHHH SHIT WE'RE GONNA SEE N'ZOTH AND FIGHT HIM THIS EXPANSION LIKE YOGG'SARON."

Because I've played beta and they've delivered every single thing they originally announced so far, and they're wrapping it up into a release candidate now, given how they've already made it to the step of putting the pre-patch on the PTR already.

I understand the skepticism if no proof to anything else is given. But proof to the contrary has been given thus far.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're about 2 months from launch and nothing's been cut. Might be time to admit that the Dev did it right this time.
    Except the island this thread is about. Which just so happened to be shown on a map at blizzcon.

Which is awesome and i'm happy it looks like blizzard got a kick in the butt for the atrocity that is WoD. Legion looks much better but we don't need anything resembling WOD's business model going forward. We can all agree on that.

Because I've played beta and they've delivered every single thing they originally announced so far, and they're wrapping it up into a release candidate now, given how they've already made it to the step of putting the pre-patch on the PTR already.

I understand the skepticism if no proof to anything else is given. But proof to the contrary has been given thus far.

Let's just hope they don't leave LEGION to rot as they did WOD. I would love to have a lot of faith in them and what they are doing but they seriously damaged WOW with WOD. They did show this area on the map at blizzcon so technically they did announce it. How far they were into making it? Nobody but the devs will know that.
    Last edited by Sickjen; 2016-06-16 at 09:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Thal was an island with night elf ruins. They may have an entirely different concept in mind that wouldn't work on that location, whether it be an existing location like Kul'tiras or something new that just wouldn't make sense there, such as a place with history but not related to the night elves, a world on a legion world, etc. Their new idea could be for a very different LOCATION not just for a new enemy to fight on the same location.

Something cool being another social service integration

Or, among the mistakes Blizzard learned with WoD, was it that people don't want too much of one thing? Like orcs back to back? Oh wait, doomsayers and shitposters would have you believe that they lied about learning from the mistakes they made from WoD. I forgot.
    you have a point.. altho to be fair, we had been seeing spikes since WotLK ... and I hate ruins, but i love elven lore, would much prefer a nice zone or a repaired zone - could do with more nice elven stuff, maybe Silvermoon and Quel'danis?

Except the island this thread is about. Which just so happened to be shown on a map at blizzcon.

Which is awesome and i'm happy it looks like blizzard got a kick in the butt for the atrocity that is WoD. Legion looks much better but we don't need anything resembling WOD's business model going forward. We can all agree on that.
    That 'island' is a name on a map and a rough concept. It's being replaced with something else that we'll see in another 8-10 months. Might be time to let it go.

I don't get the fuzz, to be honest. We now get something that is simply not Thal'dranath. So what?