Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    We knew that it was an island, and that it would have had - for obvious reasons - a night elf theme. Regardless, enjoy your timeout!
    What time out would that be champ? This whole thread has been nothing but one massive bitchfest. Once again, this community shames itself

To me, the major issue revolves around the realities that Thal'Dranath is now a part of the canonical lore for the Broken Isles, i.e. the island exists, but like Farahlon with the Draenor continent, we'll never get to see it in the game. Now, obviously, this is only an issue for lore fanatics, but I'll still hold out hope that the "island" is a raised area containing the Prison of N'Zoth versus my sad expectations that we're about to get another Ashran, Bladespire/Karabor, Farahlon, and Apexis/Goria situation.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who fucking cares? If your major outrage is that something that was shown once in concept art months ago didn't make it in any way shape or form into alpha or beyond maybe you should take a step back, take a deep breath and realise how pathetic you are being getting this mad about a Video game.

- - - Updated - - -

To me, the major issue revolves around the realities that Thal'Dranath is now a part of the canonical lore for the Broken Isles, i.e. the island exists, but like Farahlon with the Draenor continent, we'll never get to see it in the game.
    Multiple places exist in lore that we have literally never seen. it isn't new or outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I mean, we knew it was an island. But yeah, content that was slated for patch content being replaced with diff content is not cut content. It wasn't like we were getting both now only 1.
    It's truly sad we are going to get to a point where they just won't have Blizzcon or any communication with the player base because of people like these. We had a name. Hell, guys, call the new patch Supercoolda'neth if having a name makes you feel better, but geez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    Fucking idiots like this is why devs now keep their mouth shut. In development, anything can be cut at any time for any reason. Nothing is promised!

"BUT BUT I SAW A COLOURED CIRCLE ON A PRE-PRE-PRE ALPHA CONCEPT MAP, IT WAS CONFIRMED THEN CUT!!!!!" - idiots on MMO-C

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Who fucking cares? If your major outrage is that something that was shown once in concept art months ago didn't make it in any way shape or form into alpha or beyond maybe you should take a step back, take a deep breath and realise how pathetic you are being getting this mad about a Video game.

- - - Updated - - -

Multiple places exist in lore that we have literally never seen. it isn't new or outrageous.
    Obviously, you skipped over the main point of my post, but you know... whatever.

To me, the major issue revolves around the realities that Thal'Dranath is now a part of the canonical lore for the Broken Isles, i.e. the island exists, but like Farahlon with the Draenor continent, we'll never get to see it in the game. Now, obviously, this is only an issue for lore fanatics, but I'll still hold out hope that the "island" is a raised area containing the Prison of N'Zoth versus my sad expectations that we're about to get another Ashran, Bladespire/Karabor, Farahlon, and Apexis/Goria situation.
    The islands that exist on Azeroth that we haven't seen are quite numerous. Just look at it this way, we thought that island was a concerns, scouts came back and gave us the all clear. Our attention is refocused on our goal now

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously, you skipped over the main point of my post, but you know... whatever.
    It had a main point? All I saw was complaining.

Deleted
    "BUT BUT I SAW A COLOURED CIRCLE ON A PRE-PRE-PRE ALPHA CONCEPT MAP, IT WAS CONFIRMED THEN CUT!!!!!" - idiots on MMO-C
    I know! It's people like that that ruined the communication with the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    We will never know. It could have been the best elves ruins zones of all times with hours of compelling and fun content.
    Some people seem to say "oh blizz said they have planned Thal' to be a further boring zone with elve ruins" instead of asking "WHY didn't you make Thal' Dranath into something special from the very first concept? Why did you make a boring repeated concept at all?"
    All you do is taking Blizzards word for granted without ever knowing or seeing the real concept, and don't ask why they make such stupid design ideas in the first place. I think of making a game to be like: Make every aspect as awesome as possible, and not "making some awesome, but oh over there this zone, we make it standart crap".
    Weird, imagine that. Taking the word of the people who have developed and seen the content. If you can't see that Blizzard can work their ass off on a project and still scrap it if it doesn't live up the their standards i.e Titan, then you are being willfully ignorant. They created a concept, started to flesh it out, then realized it was too similar to other content, not enough to differentiate it, and probably don't want to over-elf people like they over-orc'd people. So they changed plans. That's how developing a game goes. Not how you "think of making games"

I'd bet the third raid tier would be scrapped eventually too

It had a main point? All I saw was complaining.
    God I wish I worked at Blizzard. I would put that fucking island back in the game so fast it would make their damn heads spin, and it would be completely empty except for Brann Bronze beard there. You'd click on him and he'd respond " Surely there must be something on this isle" boom bitches, there is your patch 7.2, enjoy

I have the strong idea (I'm sure someone else has put these two pieces together) that the new thing they scrapped Thal'dranath for is likely to be on Argus instead.

Pure speculation of course, but honestly if I can choose between the predictable thing I'm okayish with and the new thing that will surprise me, I'll choose the new thing.

Deleted
    To me, the major issue revolves around the realities that Thal'Dranath is now a part of the canonical lore for the Broken Isles
    You are mixing up development concept with lore. Nothing is part of the lore until it becomes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    I have the strong idea (I'm sure someone else has put these two pieces together) that the new thing they scrapped Thal'dranath for is likely to be on Argus instead.

Pure speculation of course, but honestly if I can choose between the predictable thing I'm okayish with and the new thing that will surprise me, I'll choose the new thing.
    I so hope it is not Argus.
    Argus has to be an expansion on its own as its the Legions home planet.
    Lots of Eredar stuff waiting there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeerah View Post
    I so hope it is not Argus.
    Argus has to be an expansion on its own as its the Legions home planet.
    Lots of Eredar stuff waiting there.
    I've seen a lot of people say this... but to me that sounds a little boring.

Legion stuff is cool in small doses... but do we really want an entire expansion set on a desolate Legion homeworld filled with demons right after this expansion, which is also about demons and more demons?

Personally I think Argus would work better as a patch zone, dungeon and raid tier in a large content patch (or even two-parter like a 7.3 + 7.4 combo) than a whole expansion.

I mean, they could make up a whole bunch of stuff and retcon Argus into a varied world with different environments and good/neutral factions as well as the demons, kind of like they did for Outland (which before TBC was basically thought to only remain as the red desert area we see in Hellfire Peninsula) but I'd rather they didn't. I think it's more epic as a barren demon-infested warzone and fel-ruined homeworld where there is constant conflict everywhere. I think a patch where we have a huge fel-soaked zone where the Army of Light is intensely battling with the demons across the zone and a themed dungeon or two with a big epic raid in KJ's palace would be pretty awesome without being overexposed to demons for years to the point everyone gets bored.

This way they then have more room to make the next expansion something different entirely, like going more into Void and Old God stuff or something else.

Wish all the toxic people on here would just quit WoW, being scrapped and replaced are two different things. It amazes me how people whine so much like some of you on here. We knew next to nothing of what it was even going to be and yet people are still complaining when we're getting something in their words better.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    here comes the "drag follower to thal'dranath mission" at your order hall command table

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Typical HeelvsBabyface. Clickbait title, calls it an "Emergency", with the clickbaity "Scrapped" even though the correct term is "replaced".
    Oh well. Guess he's gotta earn his Youtube monies somehow so he can continue living in his friends basement without worrying about getting a real job.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    Weird, imagine that. Taking the word of the people who have developed and seen the content. If you can't see that Blizzard can work their ass off on a project and still scrap it if it doesn't live up the their standards i.e Titan, then you are being willfully ignorant. They created a concept, started to flesh it out, then realized it was too similar to other content, not enough to differentiate it, and probably don't want to over-elf people like they over-orc'd people. So they changed plans. That's how developing a game goes. Not how you "think of making games"
    In the World of Warcraft, you can never over-elf people. Regardless, the complaint was more along the lines of Blizzard ignoring the other races just for orcs and humans.