Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Aussie Cattle being killed inhumanly (warning graphic)

Australia sends live Cattle exports to Vietnam
    Today it was revealed that some Vietnamese Slaughterhouses are using the Sledgehammer method
    to kill Cattle.

How do they kill cattle in your country at your local Abattoir
    Do you have Halal slaughterhouses that kill cattle with a slit to to the throat?

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/an...0160616-gpl1of

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant wait for the animal rights activists to come here saying how inhumane it is.... and then continue eating their burgers, steaks, wings, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ..and what replies do you have for the vegetarians and vegans? That they are self absorbed preaching hippies and that justifies the shitty treatment of animals?
    Nothing really since they don't technically support this. There are plenty of people who will be appalled though... and then ignore how animals are generally treated for the food they eat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I cant wait for the animal rights activists to come here saying how inhumane it is.... and then continue eating their burgers, steaks, wings, etc.
    You can't take offense to an animal being slaughtered inhumanely unless you don't eat meat?

There is zero reason to kill them inhumanly, the least we can do is to give them a fast and painless death, but I guess the mother fuckers want to save some money or some other bullshit reason, we can only hope those people get a slow death to.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-06-17 at 12:40 PM.

Can someone (in detail) explain to me a "humane" process of killing an animal, intended for the purpose of eating?

Bonus points if you include examples from different animal types (chickens, pigs, cows, etc.).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ..and what replies do you have for the vegetarians and vegans? That they are self absorbed preaching hippies and that justifies the shitty treatment of animals?
    Well, I doubt there's a person alive who doesn't squash flies, mosquidos, spiders, ... on this world. They are animals too, fyi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Can someone (in detail) explain to me a "humane" process of killing an animal, intended for the purpose of eating?

Bonus points if you include examples from different animal types (chickens, pigs, cows, etc.).
    If we want to survive we have to kill, either animals or plants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    If we want to survive we have to kill, either animals or plants.
    Im not sure how that answers my question...

I eat meat, and have killed animals for that purpose. Were you assuming I don't?

i think its kinda sad that people shout hypocrite rather than look at the actual problem of the animal being tortured until death. same thing is happening in china with the dog festival where they are dismembering and deep frying live dogs. the problem isnt that the animal is being eaten its that its alive long enough during the activities that it suffers unneeded pain. sure we eat the same animals but in a time where they can be killed relatively without pain. from what i understand, Australian slaughterhouses must follow strict laws that ensure the animal doesnt suffer for extended amounts of time. the fact that people cant understand the importance of this and cry out how people eat meat they cant complain not only shows their lack of empathy towards the animal themselves but instead shows how volatile they are that rather than look at it as an opportunity to berate people who do care for such things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    You can't take offense to an animal being slaughtered inhumanely unless you don't eat meat?
    Whats humanely?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats humanely?
    Not suffering? Pretty simple.

Deleted
    Whats humanely?
    In a way that causes minimal stress and suffering for the animals involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Not suffering? Pretty simple.
    How nice, considering how the US handles its animals at industrial farms.... good luck with that.

I don't need to be a vegan to say that this method of slaughter is deplorable.

The hit to the head is to render them unconscious and then proceed cutting their throats so they don't feel pain and agony. That's the second "kindiest" way to kill an animal, first being a bullet in the brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    How nice, considering how the US handles its animals at industrial farms.... good luck with that.
    I am sure there are plenty who treat their animals like garbage... Just because they do it doesn't mean its legal or acceptable. There are laws that require humane slaughter, though unfortunately, they do not include birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post

Usually by stunning the animal so it is insensible to pain then slitting the throat. Chickens either get their neck broken or through something like this:

That's the proper way to kill something like a chicken. Beating an animal slowly to death is senseless and inhumane, and also illegal (except in shitholes that have no animal cruelty laws).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Well, I doubt there's a person alive who doesn't squash flies, mosquidos, spiders, ... on this world. They are animals too, fyi..
    I am not sure how you even can compare squashing a fly to what is going on in some slaughterhouses etc. The amount of time and the stress/pain involved in those situations is completely different.

Everyone saying this is inhumane and still eat meat and dairy...well..unless you yourself are doing the slaughtering "the right way" (doesn't that sound ridiculous?) you are actively supporting those kinds of practices as they are equally bad the world over.

Hunters, you're included in this too.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    i think its kinda sad that people shout hypocrite rather than look at the actual problem of the animal being tortured until death.
    Yeah, funny that isn't it? People feel sorry for seeing an animal abused, then the idiots who say things like "oh but you eat meat so shut up" feel it's appropriate to point score like that. When in actual fact, slowly beating an animal to death like in the video doesn't even happen in most first world slaughterhouses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Everyone saying this is inhumane and still eat meat and dairy...well..unless you yourself are doing the slaughtering "the right way" (doesn't that sound ridiculous?) you are actively supporting those kinds of practices as they are equally bad the world over.

Hunters, you're included in this too.
    Have you ever actually been to a modern slaughterhouse, and have actually seen how they slaughter the animals there?

No, you haven't. Because they certainly don't use sledgehammers to slowly beat animals to death. Not every slaughterhouse, or country for that matter, treats livestock animals like that so to say they're "equally bad" is either a flat-out lie or dripping with ignorance.