Thread: 2200 € Build

2200 € Build

I'm looking for help with a build, using http://www.pcgarage.ro/ . The budget is 2200€ or 10000 RON (currency on that site). I prefer buying from them because I never had an issue with anything in over 15 years and I want to buy most of the pc this weekend.

Resolution: 1440p
    Games / Settings Desired: Grand Strategy mainly but able to play everything/Ultra.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): No
    Parts that can be reused: None
    Do you need an OS?: No
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?: Not included in this budget, also looking for a mechanical keyboard and a monitor.

I've ut together this wishlist that doesn't contain a video card, buying a GTX1080 when one will be in stock:

That build look solid, roll with it. Keyboards Corsair K70 is nice, I use a Logitech G910 Orion Spark it is definitely not for everyone but personally I love it. I'm not a monitor expert I can't provide much help there I don't use anything fancy. But yeah hardware side that build is solid.

Deleted
    I agree with the poster above.

You could look into the corsair RM550x, fully modulair and has black cables. And to top it of, it is a bit cheaper even.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I agree with the poster above.

You could look into the corsair RM550x, fully modulair and has black cables. And to top it of, it is a bit cheaper even.
    With a 1080 i'd atleast go with a 650W power supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    The 1080 has a single 8 pin connector so I don't see a system with one reaching even 400W under load.
    If you buy founders.... otherwise the after market cards may have a 6 pin with that. And the 1080 is very good for overclocking annnd buying a 650W now would hopefuly give room for a second 1080 later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    With a 1080 i'd atleast go with a 650W power supply.
    Why? Current gen cards are using less power than before, not more. Unless planning on SLI, 550W is more than enough for anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    If you buy founders.... otherwise the after market cards may have a 6 pin with that. And the 1080 is very good for overclocking annnd buying a 650W now would hopefuly give room for a second 1080 later.
    Why on earth would you add another 1080 later? By the time the 1080 can not handle things anymore, would it not be better to buy whatever the current king of the market is rather than something old and outdated?

Looks good but if you just game on the PC you dont need a I7 the 6600K I5 would be enough.
    Keyboards depends always on the likes of the user same goes for switch type so test some first.

Acer Predator XB270HU as monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Why? Current gen cards are using less power than before, not more. Unless planning on SLI, 550W is more than enough for anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Why on earth would you add another 1080 later? By the time the 1080 can not handle things anymore, would it not be better to buy whatever the current king of the market is rather than something old and outdated?
    Because it's an upgrade path later and it will increase the longeivity of the pc.

I already placed the order for the parts.

I went with the 650w psu.

As for the cpu, I regretted buying an i5 before so this time I went with the i7 because I never know what I end up doing. I planned to only use my last pc for gaming but I always end up doing work with 3d modeling/video editing+rendering. I'm planning to get a 3d printer this fall so meh, better safe than sorry.