10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Polls don't mean shit. Trump was suppose to lose to Cruz or Rubio remember?
    That was the republican camp alone.
    General electorate is a whole different batch of people.
    And a lot more of those.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

If Polls work so great why do we bother to have elections and debates?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    It would go over better than demanding that we supoort a few men's abuse shelters and fund prostate cancer research. But that is beside the point and not even on topic. How do you feel about the point of the entire post?
    You know feminists regularly speak about how violence and sexual abuse affect men too. That criticism is completely out of nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Donald Trump Fans in INDIA Celebrating the "Great Ones" Birthday 2 days ago.

They know a good Maharaja when they see one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    If Polls work so great why do we bother to have elections and debates?
    Because elections determine who is elected and polls don't? Predicting != legally determining.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Because elections determine who is elected and polls don't? Predicting != legally determining.
    btw. Elections are polls too
    The places where we vote are even called polling stations.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Pop quiz- Do you know why that happened between Reagan and Carter that completely changed the election overnight?
    Are you talking about the Iranian holding the US citizens hostage? That was going on just about the whole year. Unless you may be referring to the failed attempt by the US to rescue them. But no matter, the fact is, the last poll taken before the general election had them in a dead heat tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post

I wonder if Clinton's lead will grow as more people give up on Bernie and finally face reality and move into her camp.
    I wish they all would jump into a plane and fly into the Bermuda triangle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Trump tried pretty hard to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory during the nomination process, but failed. So yeah, he's working pretty hard already to succeed this time around.
    It is the reason he did win the GOP primaries. He appealed to a lot of voters because of his rash statements. But like I said before, the general election is different than a primary. And like trying to climb a steep hill in high gear, you need to shift gears or you will not reach the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is the reason he did win the GOP primaries. He appealed to a lot of voters because of his rash statements. But like I said before, the general election is different than a primary. And like trying to climb a steep hill in high gear, you need to shift gears or you will not reach the top.
    Trump did well in the polls because his xenophobic and bigoted remarks fired up the worst part of the conservative base plus he ran against a bunch of other horrible people.

Now that the election is getting real the moderates will squash his ridiculous ass.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    When you consider that the last two elected terms for presidency was to a democrat, it would be just bizarre for america in just two terms to completely change it stance on what it wants for its own country.
    No president will ever be a perfect person, all people are flawed, but you'd think trying to aim for 'something' that might do some good, instead of causing misery to others, would be a standard for wanting someone to lead.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Trump did well in the polls because his xenophobic and bigoted remarks fired up the worst part of the conservative base plus he ran against a bunch of other horrible people.

Now that the election is getting real the moderates will squash his ridiculous ass.
    Also the balances:
    The gender balance - 52% Women, 48% Men. Trump does horrible with women (70% disapproval).
    Hispanic voters - Generally leaning Democrats, and Trump does horrible with them. (77% disapproval)
    Black voters - Generally too leaning Democrats, and Trump is disliked by them as well. (94% disapproval)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

You could be right. Like I said, the general election requires a different approach than the primaries. But it also requires winning some vital swing states. Some states will go democrat or republican no matter what. So the polls in those swing states I think have a better look at the possible results than a national one.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's a sad day when we don't let unfettered suspicion by goverment bureaucrats overpower constitutional rights, right?

The problem wasn't that the Terrorist Watch List didn't stop him from getting guns. The problem is something like the Terrorist Watch List prevents anyone from doing anything at all. Due process is a thing.
    If you can say someone is too dangerous to get on an airplane without due process...you can then apply that to buying a gun. Republicans have no problem denying that person from air travel...so the "Due Process" argument falls flat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    If you can say someone is too dangerous to get on an airplane without due process...you can then apply that to buying a gun. Republicans have no problem denying that person from air travel...so the "Due Process" argument falls flat.
    Getting on someone else's plane is a privilege, not a right.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Polls are showing a very high unfavorable rate among American (70%). Polls are showing the lead Clinton has is starting to expand. Things are not going to end well for Trump. GOP keep backing away from him like he has the plague. Trump is going to declare Independent soon, mark my words.
    70% of Americans don't like Trump or Clinton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    You have no constitutional right to board a airplane or even drive a car. Those are privileges. In the US that is. One could argue I guess it can prevent one from the pursuit of happiness, but would not be as successful argument as one based on a clearly defined Constitutional right for a specific item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    70% of Americans don't like Trump or Clinton
    That isn't correct.
    70% dislike for Trump 55% for Clinton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    That isn't correct.
    70% dislike for Trump 55% for Clinton.
    Close enough to show they both are pretty damn unfavorable. I also saw a poll which showed Trump ahead of Clinton with the economy and national security.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Damm you Americans
    I wish Republican Paul Ryan was running for President.

He is so cool and even sounds like John F Kennedy when he talks.

I believe he does not want to be President... why not..I dunno..he would win Easily.
    "Paul Ryan, I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Paul Ryan, you're no Jack Kennedy."

Paul Ryan is a fraud. Being considered the policy wonk in the GOP house is a function of how low the GOP has fallen.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers