Page 24 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Really? I mean everything looked nice and all but idk if it was because of the demo but the game seemed vastly empty.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Really? I mean everything looked nice and all but idk if it was because of the demo but the game seemed vastly empty.
    You have to remember these awards are given out only to games they can actually play at e3. Not just every game that got a trailer showed.

Of that list, Zelda and Persona 5 seem like the only real competitors for that award.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You have to remember these awards are given out only to games they can actually play at e3. Not just every game that got a trailer showed.

Of that list, Zelda and Persona 5 seem like the only real competitors for that award.
    And Persona is basically a niche game, especially compared to Zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And Persona is basically a niche game, especially compared to Zelda.
    And the Persona 5 demo is like 8 minutes long and nothing compared to the behemoth of the Zelda demo lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I hated Skyward Sword, would I like this game? (from what you've seen)
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    Outside of a similar art style, game seems nothing like Skyward Sword or any 3D Zelda for that matter. Game feels more like a 2D Zelda, more specifically the much older ones.

i saw an idea earlier today that a shiek spinoff could explain the hero falls timeline and have zelda/shiek pick up the pieces.

i hope they release a hyrule historia 2 alongside it. theres alot of lore left to go over.

this feels like the first game where lore and story are being very well kept and not just an after thought since they actually removed towns and npcs from the demo to avoid spoilers.

i think that has mostly to do with miyamoto having no input into the game for the past 2 years and only having influenced the initial ideas

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    aounuma said they made this game as a skyward sword 2.0 to fix everything they did wrong and do skyward sword the way he initially wanted

- - - Updated - - -

i wish motion controls were still an option though. i loved the motion controls
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Skyward sword was the best Loz game.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I'm loving all of these interactions and combat mechanics this game is bringing.

Did you know that if Link tries to kick open a chest without proper footwear he reacts realistically?

Also, the only elemental rods and arrows not shown off yet are the wind and sand rods, and the light arrows (the ice rod is supplanted by the Cryonis Rune).

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i saw an idea earlier today that a shiek spinoff could explain the hero falls timeline and have zelda/shiek pick up the pieces.

i hope they release a hyrule historia 2 alongside it. theres alot of lore left to go over.

this feels like the first game where lore and story are being very well kept and not just an after thought since they actually removed towns and npcs from the demo to avoid spoilers.

i think that has mostly to do with miyamoto having no input into the game for the past 2 years and only having influenced the initial ideas

- - - Updated - - -

aounuma said they made this game as a skyward sword 2.0 to fix everything they did wrong and do skyward sword the way he initially wanted

- - - Updated - - -

i wish motion controls were still an option though. i loved the motion controls
    i'd be fine if motion controls were optional but if they were forced like skyward sword nintendo would be shooting themself in the foot. I think we are all well aware of how people eaither HATE or LOVE skyward sword based on the forced motion controls.

Skyward Sword is the current gen Majora's Mask in terms of love/hate.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I have just seen the trailer, looks great from a graphics pov. One thing that was bothering me though was that what is Link opposing in this game? I know its a trailer and that as time comes we will learn the challenges and perils but just from the trailer it seemed like it was going to be a wilderness survival game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    So I have just seen the trailer, looks great from a graphics pov. One thing that was bothering me though was that what is Link opposing in this game? I know its a trailer and that as time comes we will learn the challenges and perils but just from the trailer it seemed like it was going to be a wilderness survival game.
    At about 2:03 in the reveal trailer, you see this for a split second.

Calamity Ganon. Essentially a force of nature sealed within Hyrule Castle. Problem is, it's gaining power and could easily break out any day now..=

I hope there is only gyro aiming for bows and regular control scheme for fights.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, personally I think that motion controls ruin the Zelda games. Zelda is an action game, not some weird paddle aiming sim. Optional is fine, but yeah.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah, personally I think that motion controls ruin the Zelda games. Zelda is an action game, not some weird paddle aiming sim. Optional is fine, but yeah.
    After SS I don't want to go back to non motion control.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Motion control in Skyward Sword was the main reason I didn't finish it. Far too many instances of me swiping the controller not QUITE right and then not getting the kill, or finishing the boss off in time or some other stupid thing that was just irritating.

It was very cool, at first, but playing the game for hours waving my arms around and then getting excited in some areas and not swinging exactly right...frustrating. Playing the HD remake of Twilight Princes without the hokey "motion controls" it had (Skyward Swords were MUCH better, not trying to compare them) felt great and like I had much more control over the character than I did in Skyward Sword or the original Twilight Princess.

Minor gripe....Link running around with this rigid, unnatural looking arm in various positions to match up with where the controller was just looked ridiculous.

Like I said gyro aiming for like bows and stuff is great, everything else just needs a basic control scheme

Can you imagine The legend of zelda.... VR addition....

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    You are in the minority of people that 1) Want motion controls for Zelda and 2) Liked SS at all. :-/

They totally botched that game. Some of it seems like they should have waited to put it on a better console, which seems like the case since they admitted BoW is to fix all the things they messed up on with SS.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Like I said gyro aiming for like bows and stuff is great, everything else just needs a basic control scheme

Can you imagine The legend of zelda.... VR addition....
    would buy it in a heartbeat.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552