Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I have two WF Zakuun axes, a WF Tyrant mace, and two Socket Archi swords. For me, with my gear setup the optimal weapon combo for Fury was 2x WF Zakuun axes, and for Arms the Socket Archi sword. What's best for you will depend a lot on what your gear looks like, and if you want to know for sure you'll simply have to sim it out yourself.
    It's a little over 7% crit Sarri, and those 2x 75 mastery gems /droll. The gods must favor your BT crit chance;D
    I can't seem to find where a WF Hellrender would be better than a Calamity with socket in any cirumstances(unless progression hue hue:P)

Edit: Question, are this for singletarget or for fights with multiple adds/add-waves?
    Last edited by Slayar; 2016-05-10 at 03:22 PM.

They sim higher for me on both single and AoE.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayar View Post
    It's a little over 7% crit Sarri, and those 2x 75 mastery gems /droll. The gods must favor your BT crit chance;D
    I can't seem to find where a WF Hellrender would be better than a Calamity with socket in any cirumstances(unless progression hue hue:P)

Edit: Question, are this for singletarget or for fights with multiple adds/add-waves?
    It's always been weapon damage > everything else in 99% of all the cases, especially on weapons where sockets aren't values as much as they are on a neck we socket > WF.

Indeed, that is why i question this case, as when we usually have WF > socket, it is X1-weapon vs. X2-weapon.

X1-weapon are WF
    X2-weapon have a socket
    In that case X1-weapon would win as it is WF(+6ilvls).

Here we have X1-weapon vs. Y1-weapon. both have different stats and only 1-ilvl difference

X1-weapon are WF with mast/multi, 746-ilvl
    Y1-weapon have a socket with mast/crit, 745-ilvl

It would be down to your stats to what weapon you would choose.
    I have sended Sarri some numbers, but I am no near that advanced in simulationcraft, and I might just be wrong in this

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    Not in this case. I had warforged tyrant weapon and it did not beat mythic non warforged calamity edge without a socket.

You have to remember that both of those weapons have poor 2ndary stat for fury, while calamity have your bis stat, one ilvl difference is not going to make up for that.
    Ah, i forgot that Archi is 5 ilvl higher than Zakuun/Tyrant. That changes a lot and it has to be simmed like Warriorsarri said.
    So the stats on the weapon itself matter way more than the dps as it is just 1 ilvl difference and not 11 as i initally thought.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

Deleted
    Whats the most effective upgrade order? Ring > weapon > trinkets? I dont have access to mythic gear yet

Weapon > Trinket > Ring > Rest.
    My Stream

Deleted
    Got two mythic chests from iron reaver - one with socket and one warforged. Not sure which one is better. Help would be appreciated.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    Got two mythic chests from iron reaver - one with socket and one warforged. Not sure which one is better. Help would be appreciated.
    Chest wf>socket

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Chest wf>socket
    I'd say for weapons and trinket, its WF > socket but its socket > WF for every other piece of gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    I'd say for weapons and trinket, its WF > socket but its socket > WF for every other piece of gear.
    Guess at 744ilvl socket is a whooping 23dps more single target and hundred and change on HAC.

Socket is worth more than WF on all items other than weapon and trinket.
    My Stream

On M Mannoroth, I want to maximize my imp damage while minimizing my single target dps loss. I have at my disposal H class trinket, H EDH, M Unending Hunger, M cleave trinket, and heirloom trinket. Which combination would be the best to achieve this?

Quick background - My guild is starting M Manny progress. Our comp is really weak on imp damage. 17 pulls and quick wipes in, only me and an UH DK are doing reliable imp damage. We have a Lock but he's really inconsistent. Imps don't die quick enough and they are still alive after my full bladestorm duration.

Thats why I wanted to see if I can cheese more damage on imps. I know my single target will be pretty bad. I don't have concrete numbers to back it up but using H EDH and M UH "feels" pretty strong. I think H Class trinket and M UH would be stronger (in terms of not that much aoe dps loss but way better single target). What trinket set up is best for max dps?

For pure imp damage Hunger+Herloom would be the optimal combo. The odds are that either of those two will be up for any given AoE and the crit from both of them makes it so that Reck has a higher likelihood of being up again for each reckstorm.
    If you want to do a slightly safer combo you can go with Hunger+Horn. This way you get the proc from Hunger to get lucky with, but you also get the guarantied damage from your Horn.
    Third option would be Class+Horn. This combo leads to the highest single target DPS, and has the second highest chance of getting Reck back up in time (class+Hunger being highest). This one will lead to the most consistent results, from my experience.

Out of those combos the first one will lead to (on average) the highest AoE damage, but the lowest single target. It also gives you the flexibility to switch to the adds when needed. This is the setup I've seen quite a few of the warriors I frequently talk to say is the best, and it's also the one that I use on Farm.
    The second setup is a middle ground of #1 and #3. You will do good single target and good AoE.
    The last setup is the one that is in my opinion the best one, in general. Biggest downside is that you can't hard switch to the big guy if your group needs to unless you want your stacks to reset, but you can always get around that by using mouseover or focus macros.

If your AoE is to low there may also be worth mentioning that you can delay your ring. Having your ring up for every third set of imps is a really big help, especially as the others in the raid most likely will have their ring up for one of the other two spawns of Imps, leaving only 1 out of 3 imp waves not covered by a ring. This only works if your raid uses the first ring directly on pull, and doesn't save it for the first set of imps. If they do then it's quite optimal for you anyhow, so can't complain much. You need to have your ring between 20 and 40 seconds remaining when you engage the summoners for your ring to be ready for the first set of imps, and for it to not activate together with the rest of the raid.

If the imp damage still is to low it may be worth to consider telling your Lock(s) to go Demo and / or your rogue(s) to go Combat. Especially the rogue switch is a huge AoE gain, but be wary that you'll lose a fair amount of single target dps by doing so. Both Destro and Sub are real strong single target specs, and while Sub has 0 AoE capabilities, Destro is one of the highest in the game. I'd tell your rogues to switch first and if that's not enough tell your lock to switch as well.

If none of this works there's a trick that your DKs can use. The cast that the imp does can be Dark Simed, and it hits like a nuke. This does mean that the at least one imp need to get its cast finished, resulting in a fair amount of raid damage, but the damage the DK can do it turn is quite high assuming the imps are still alive when the cast is finished. In general I'd recommend you just stun the imps to prevent the raid damage, but if the AoE imp damage is a bigger issue than the raid damage, then this can be an option.

PS: Don't forget to get Rude Interruption. You can have that buff up for every single imp wave bar for the ones in the last phase if you time your interrupts well.
    My Stream

7+ Year Old Account
    Can someone tell me about dat haste cap? How high is the priority to reach 11% haste? I reached it with Archimonde Myth shoes but i have also the shoes from Kilrogg. Which is better?

Deleted
    I currently have empty drinking horn from mannoroth,discordant chorus and grontooth war horn.Are there any two of those optimal?

Has anyone simmed the HFC trinket nerfs against the heirloom trinket? It seems like a clear win for arms to use the heirloom, but more questionable for fury unless you can benefit from the demon bonus damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Has anyone simmed the HFC trinket nerfs against the heirloom trinket? It seems like a clear win for arms to use the heirloom, but more questionable for fury unless you can benefit from the demon bonus damage.
    I think I have missed something, what nerfs are you refering too Art?

Quote Originally Posted by Slayar View Post
    I think I have missed something, what nerfs are you refering too Art?
    Ah, sorry. On the PTR, the Legion pre-patch nerfed all HFC trinket effects by about 33%

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Ah, sorry. On the PTR, the Legion pre-patch nerfed all HFC trinket effects by about 33%
    Haha, thanks for the clarification! No sorry, I have not simmed those.