Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorav View Post
    short answer :

muslims
    No, no... they are the most opressed... if they do it, it's not rape!

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    What? - This is literally the furthest from the truth possible.

This has no relation to what you replied too.
    First, yes it is. As long of as the sample is of sufficiently large size, it doesn't matter how large the population is relative to the sample. I teach statistic btw.

Second, yes it does. The numbers he cited are not describing the same concept that I am. He's claiming that his numbers "debunk" my claims when they don't.

Unfortunately, all of this talk about studies had been largely irrelevant to the original point. I wanted to talk about how cases of rape are often handled in our society, and I cited some obvious examples from the news. The mere suggestion that a problem might exist caused several people to melt down with rage and twist my words, repeatedly moving that goal posts and changing the point to get me away from the original subject.

I'm not going to get into a lengthy debate about statistics because that's not the point. The point is that when rape occurs, many people (for the last time, not juries) try to call it not-rape. Not just people close to the accused, but people who should be supporting the victim. They blame alcohol, promiscuity, or other factors, even in light of contradictory facts. This in turn leads to rape being under-reported, as the military has documented very thoroughly I could never prove this to the satisfaction of some people on this forum and I won't try because their burden or proof constantly changes. I don't need to prove it in any event, because it literally just happened in the Brock Turner case and in this thread with the assertion that 88% of rape accusations are fantasies based on the conviction rate. This is not a feminist conspiracy but in fact a a problem that affects both men and women. Since I have men in my life who I love and women in my life who I love, not to mention children in my life who I love, this is an issue that means a great deal to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Trauma is what you make of it, in most cases. In our culture of hyper-victimization, the trauma is many times worse than it would be in a culture that promotes having the strength to simply overcome adversity.

Rape itself - in most cases - is not nearly as traumatic as many, many other crimes. It's basically just sex that you don't want to have. Really, it's far from the worst that can happen to you. But we've made it into something different - something much worse than it actually is. That's the real 'rape culture' - this perpetuation of self-victimization and appeals to authority.

Of course there are many different types of rape. Some are worse than others. Violent, damaging rape is much worse than simple forced penetration. We treat them the same, we treat all of them as though they're the worst thing that could happen. It's insulting to victims of the most destructive rapes, and it's a destructive ideology itself.
    No.

This is an example of something that rhymes with grape vulture.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    Evidence is detrimental to certainty
    Sorry but I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    OK but what if I accuse you assaulting me at night with a broken bottle, with no witnesses

I am indeed a liar until I am proven honest, right? I need to give evidence that you did those things
    It depends on how you were dressed at the time of the incident! You might have been asking for it

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Also the 33% response rate turn the sample size into 2700 ish - Which then means its 13++ ish women - Which is not statistically significant enough to produce valid results.

- - - Updated - - -

No it literally means that.
    You start innocent, therefore the absence of a guilty verdict necessitates you being innocent.

If this were true than anyone who was acquitted of a crime could seek damages for false arrest and imprisonment. Most cannot because they are required to prove themselves innocent first, which an acquittal does not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post

No.

"Not agreeing with me is an example of rape culture!"

No wonder you vehemently believe in it. Everything ascertains it to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    Sorry but I have no idea what you are trying to say.

It depends on how you were dressed at the time of the incident! You might have been asking for it
    Or how many wads of cash you had hanging out of your pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    "Not agreeing with me is an example of rape culture!"

No wonder you vehemently believe in it. Everything ascertains it to you.
    Did you read what my post was in response to? It's literally a rationalization of how most rapes aren't that bad.

Did you read what my post was in response to? It's literally a rationalization of how most rapes aren't that bad.
    Read again.

First, yes it is. As long of as the sample is of sufficiently large size, it doesn't matter how large the population is relative to the sample. I teach statistic btw.
    You'd have to learn "statistic" first. Also whoever you're teaching are going to fail terribly, due to a complete lack of analysis abilities.

Second, yes it does. The numbers he cited are not describing the same concept that I am. He's claiming that his numbers "debunk" my claims when they don't.
    They empirically, factually do.

Unfortunately, all of this talk about studies had been largely irrelevant to the original point. I wanted to talk about how cases of rape are often handled in our society, and I cited some obvious examples from the news. The mere suggestion that a problem might exist caused several people to melt down with rage and twist my words, repeatedly moving that goal posts and changing the point to get me away from the original subject.
    Because:

A. They're a small number of anecdotal and high profile cases. If you want to grab shit off the news, I'll bring up the high profile false rape claims, along the lines of Mattress Girl et al.

B. Rape is bad. Yes. Is it a huge cultural problem? No. Is there an actual culture of rape, or an overwhelming majority of the population that approves of, or agrees with rape? No.

I'm not going to get into a lengthy debate about statistics because that's not the point.
    Because you'll be proven wrong, over and over.

The point is that when rape occurs, many people (for the last time, not juries) try to call it not-rape. Not just people close to the accused, but people who should be supporting the victim. They blame alcohol, promiscuity, or other factors, even in light of contradictory facts.
    So ignore evidence to the contrary to a rape occurring, because it supports a narrative you want to push?

This in turn leads to rape being under-reported, as the military has documented very thoroughly I could never prove this to the satisfaction of some people on this forum and I won't try because their burden or proof constantly changes. I don't need to prove it in any event, because it literally just happened in the Brock Turner case and in this thread with the assertion that 88% of rape accusations are fantasies based on the conviction rate. This is not a feminist conspiracy but in fact a a problem that affects both men and women. Since I have men in my life who I love and women in my life who I love, not to mention children in my life who I love, this is an issue that means a great deal to me.
    Well, given that you seem to believe that at least 1 in 5 of the people you know have been raped, have they?

No.

Tyre puncture? And no, it's not.

Rape Culture is a Unicorn--- something which people talk about but has no basis in reality. It is an abstract, something which is only alluded to but never material.

Unless we're talking about someone growing a bacteria named rape in a lab. In which case it quite literally is a rape culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post

Rape itself - in most cases - is not nearly as traumatic as many, many other crimes. It's basically just sex that you don't want to have. R
    I imagine of you went to a hospital and asked the nurses who've dealt with rape victims it might be a different story.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    It's the idea of rape being an accepted thing when in reality it's caused by women screaming rape after drunk one night stands they regret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post

Tyre puncture? And no, it's not.
    Actually yes it is.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

So ignore evidence to the contrary to a rape occurring, because it supports a narrative you want to push?
    That is literally the opposite of what I said. It's getting pointless to talk you because a pattern has emerged: you can't refute my claims, so you distort them into something else, then you go after the made-up claims. It's getting exhausting. I've gone over the statistical side of things with you again and again and you don't seem to get it. I was looking at information about rapes that go unreported. You were not. So of course whatever numbers you come up with will be different. You have refuted nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    It's the idea of rape being an accepted thing when in reality it's caused by women screaming rape after drunk one night stands they regret.
    Ironically, the longer this thread goes on, the more examples there are that prove my point.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    I hear this spouted a lot online but still don't really know what it is... Is it an attempt to say in modern times rape isn't considered horrible and is somehow considered acceptable? I honestly don't know
    Surprise buttsex has been recently included in "Rape Culture"... where is the world going to these days?...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    So, I've repeatedly addressed the fact that men and boys can be victims of rape as well, and that these cases are often not taken seriously, as evidence of rape culture. I've never once suggested that all men should be punished for rapes.
    But part of 'rape culture' has undeniably been feminists at universities trying to force ALL male students to take rape awareness courses, most notably one called "she fears you", in which male students, who were forced to go by threat of expulsion, were informed that THEY were all potential rapists and shitlords.
    It was bad enough that the human rights tribunal deemed it to be in violation of their human rights.
    Moreover, this isn't the only evidence we have, but just a small tidbit, that modern feminist 'rape culture' really seeks something other than the equality and safety of woman; it undeniably seeks to take sovereignty of men's future's from them, something diametrically opposed to claims of equality.

In fact most feminists today seem to only use feminism as a 'power play' in attempt for dominance, to win at social pissing contests using shame and postured conjecture of a man being bigoted, because in their head the mere mention of 'feminism' is enough to kick off their self important, how dare you fuck with me, golden ticket of female privilege. (no, not ALL, but let's say the majority I've met/seen online. Yes I am aware that's just MY experience. But it's a pretty good indicator FOR ME. If you don't like that, start making positive changes to feminism from the inside)

I'd like to see a new law, one that takes dumb uni twits who cry about patriarchy and rape culture, loads them on a plane and flys them to a part of the world where that shit actually exists and leave them there.
    Because although it DID exist here in north america, a long, long, time ago, it sure as fuck doesn't now, unless you mean 'trying to rape men of their rights while playing the victim card' which is pretty rampant...
    If you weren't trying to focus in on men as the ever guilty party in rape, why did you home in on a male rapist? Let's see some fuckin DIVERSITY! lol.
    Not like you didn't have a female teacher in the news lately, but I suspect it's just not 'evil enough' to talk about when a female teacher goes full pedophile on a 13 year old is it?

I mean, it's obvious at this point. Feminists don't want equality.
    I mean, they aren't asking for this teacher to be castrated or hung, or given the electric chair, millions of feminists aren't clamoring for her blood on social media...
    They aren't asking for her to get a stiffer prison sentence either.

Equality: when a woman does some sick, sick, shit, and she gets the same treatment and sentence as a man would.
    Put your actions where your mouth is feminism, or dry up and blow away, it's time to shit or get off the pot.
    Last edited by Bigbamboozal; 2016-06-17 at 08:45 PM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    And yes i've seen a documentary about it. A girl that wants to have sex with multiple men might feel offended if one or more of them brags about it and gives her a bad image, so they go to prison for rape. So yes, rape culture affects men aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironically, the longer this thread goes on, the more examples there are that prove my point.
    According to you non-rapes prove your point that rape culture exists, so it seems that literally everything proves your point according to your criteria.

It's bullshit, at least as used here in western nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Actually yes it is.
    Just because someone doesn't know what they're talking about, doesn't make it a part of culture. That's not how a culture works.

That is literally the opposite of what I said. It's getting pointless to talk you because a pattern has emerged: you can't refute my claims, so you distort them into something else, then you go after the made-up claims. It's getting exhausting. I've gone over the statistical side of things with you again and again and you don't seem to get it. I was looking at information about rapes that go unreported. You were not. So of course whatever numbers you come up with will be different. You have refuted nothing.
    I already covered the unreported part. Why can't you understand that? 0.2% of the population is all sexual assaults and rapes, if the reported rate was increased by 100%. I gave you an overblown figure to wave around as your reported rape figure.

I'm saying, that if you increased the reported rape figure by 100%, it's still only 0.2% of the population.

Can I word that in any way, that a mighty teacher of statistics such as yourself may understand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because someone doesn't know what they're talking about, doesn't make it a part of culture. That's not how a culture works.

That's actually precisely how culture works and theirs a host of cultural icons who know absolutely nothing but have entered the zeitgeist. In any event when people talk about rape culture it's condoning or marganlizing rape. Perfect example being the earlier poster who said rape is just sex you didn't want to have as opposed to the violation that it actually is.
    The hammer comes down: