Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Here is even more proof Trump is boot stomping Clinton. The Trump subreddit has grown by 30% in just a month alone. Let's not forget all about that social media army of his.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/17/11...ubreddit-slimg

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
    Wow. You really are fucking desperate aren't you? Trying everything to get your fellow racist into the whitehouse by saying he has more "social media" followers. Again, Reddit doesn't mean he is going to win, it just means you are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Are you talking about the Iranian holding the US citizens hostage? That was going on just about the whole year. Unless you may be referring to the failed attempt by the US to rescue them. But no matter, the fact is, the last poll taken before the general election had them in a dead heat tie.
    No I pointed out that Reagan and Carter didn't have any debates up until a week before the election during an era where it was much harder to get a feel for candidates. While Carter was more "knowledgeable" about the subjects he came off as dull and uninspiring compared to the charismatic and reassuring Reagan. Literally overnight those who supported Carter changed (especially the base that would go on to be Reagan Democrats) and several special interest groups who were never political before like the NRA told all their members to vote Reagan. The reason for the collapse of Carter wasn't because of all his failed policies it was because compared to Reagan he was uninspiring. Today its alot harder to have a good first/last impression in the age of 24/7 news cycles is what I was trying to come around to so say 80% of the population has currently made up their minds they hate Clinton or Trump. Right now between here and the election Trump only has two major platforms to erase all the bad press he has created which is his republican nominee acceptation at the convention and the debates (especially the first one). If he doesn't get a bump from those he has little to no chance for the white house (Clinton and the Democrats clearly have the advantage right now due to the map being in their favor)
    Last edited by akris15; 2016-06-17 at 08:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Here is even more proof Trump is boot stomping Clinton. The Trump subreddit has grown by 30% in just a month alone. Let's not forget all about that social media army of his.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/17/11...ubreddit-slimg

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
    Reddit said Bernie would win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

You didn't even read it... Bruh...

- - - Updated - - -
    Quran (2:191-193):
    "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...
    but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" (Translation is from the Noble Quran)

We must have different Qurans.

Quran (7:80-84):
    "...For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.... And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone)"

Yes, it's talking about Lot. Yes, homosexuality is prohibited in all abrhamic religions. Yes, homosexuals are thrown off of building and stoned by jews and chritians too ...... oh wait. FYI if it was an Orthodox Jew or christian doing this "for the glory of god" it would still be wrong. Strict adherence to any Abrhamic religion is going to lead to problems. Islam needs a reform.

Quran (26:165-166):
    "Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing"

See above.

Quran (4:16):
    "If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone" This is the Yusuf Ali translation.

This one I'll give to you. The above is the Yusuf Ali translation. I guess I have to learn arabic to understand the true meaning.

Also you seemed to ignore the last video so here's another for you to ignore:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ2QevndGLg

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemak View Post
    The fantasy world where an Islamic radical just committed the largest massacre in US history because he believed killing gay people is justified (and it is if you read the Quran or listen to Imams). The fantasy world where democrats are trying to prevent people from obtaining firearms without due process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlwxqqAprQ

Quran (2:191-193)
    Quran (7:80-84)
    Quran (26:165-166)
    Quran (4:16)

It's a pretty shitty fantasy bruh.
    We could start linking bible verses that say more or less the same stuff, proving that people don't follow everything in their holy book, but of course religious discussion isn't allowed here, and you'd just make an excuse anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean not allowing people on no fly list to buy firearms? Tell me, who decides who is and isn't on the no fly list? Is it a court? No. Who decides who is a suspected terrorist? Why would you want a right you are guaranteed as a US citizen to be taken away from you without due process? Republican, Democrat it doesn't really matter in the last 20 years the 5 th amendment not the 1st or 2nd has been slowly whittled away.
    Whether it's Cheney and his boys waterboarding people they picked up in the middle east or it's Obama drone striking US citizens in the middle east, there's a fundamental problem with the United States government ignoring the 5th amendment.
    So call me crazy if I don't trust the government with my rights.
    But you trust terrorists enough to buy guns. Got it. Now which party were you saying wants to combat terrorism?

I lol at the silly "Don't let them into the country" considering the great majority of our recent terrorist attacks (both EU and US) have happened from citizens who become radicalized. The Orlando shooter had been to ISIS web sites many times. But nope, let's protect his right to own a gun. We can't even put these people on a hold list.

ISIS leaders have laughed at how ridiculously easy it is to get guns in the US, and have called for true followers of ISIS to go out and buy a gun to kill Americans. So let's defend their rights to own guns.

It's so fucking depressing when John Stewart JOKINGLY predicted this exact situation.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/iiculo...k-constitution
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Reddit said Bernie would win
    And Ron Paul, but also Obama. I'd say reddit is as predictive as throwing darts at a wall while blindfolded.

10+ Year Old Account
    "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...
    but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" (Translation is from the Noble Quran)

"...For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.... And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone)"

Yes, it's talking about Lot. Yes, homosexuality is prohibited in all abrhamic religions. Yes, homosexuals are thrown off of building and stoned by jews and chritians too ...... oh wait. FYI if it was an Orthodox Jew or christian doing this "for the glory of god" it would still be wrong. Strict adherence to any Abrhamic religion is going to lead to problems. Islam needs a reform.

"Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing"

See above.

"If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone" This is the Yusuf Ali translation.

This one I'll give to you. The above is the Yusuf Ali translation. I guess I have to learn arabic to understand the true meaning.

If there is one thing I've learned of religion, it's that people love to pick and choose what they really believe in. You can find similar quotes in the Bible, but there are very few people who are ready to literally live as it says in it's entirety.

It's no different in Islam.

7+ Year Old Account

See above.

Read the whole thing, it basically states fight them if they fight you.

A lot of conservatives are starting to realize that HRC supports business, banks, Wall Street and Israel as much if not more so than Trump. The gap will be double digits by election time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    We could start linking bible verses that say more or less the same stuff, proving that people don't follow everything in their holy book, but of course religious discussion isn't allowed here, and you'd just make an excuse anyway.
    Read the post above what you just posted. We could go through bible verses that advocating for the stoning of women and gays. I'm not denying that strict adherence to Christianity or Judaism would be a bad thing.
    All I'm saying is if you look in the world today which group on average still strictly adheres to their religious book you find Islam. I'm not saying these are bad people, I'm saying their belief system is backwards. The values of Islam as written in the Quran, the values of Christianity as written in the Bible, the values of Judaism as written in the Torah do not all match up with the values of modern western society. The religious Christian right was defeated in the US, and I don't want to see new religious authoritarianism take hold in the west. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

10+ Year Old Account
    The religious Christian right was defeated in the US, and I don't want to see new religious authoritarianism take hold in the west. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?
    Better tell them that, they keep trying to thrust themselves down the public's throat, as if we're altar boys or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Read the post above what you just posted. We could go through bible verses that advocating for the stoning of women and gays. I'm not denying that strict adherence to Christianity or Judaism would be a bad thing.
    All I'm saying is if you look in the world today which group on average still strictly adheres to their religious book you find Islam. I'm not saying these are bad people, I'm saying their belief system is backwards. The values of Islam as written in the Quran, the values of Christianity as written in the Bible, the values of Judaism as written in the Torah do not all match up with the values of modern western society. The religious Christian right was defeated in the US, and I don't want to see new religious authoritarianism take hold in the west. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?
    Islam has virtually no chance in this country of legislating their religious laws, morality, or general bullshit. It's why I don't give much of a fuck about it.

Meanwhile, the religious right is still actively trying to legislate religion into schools/legislate against Evolution teaching, and we only just got gay marriage recognized as a fundamental right. The religious right was never defeated in the U.S., they're still going strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

- - - Updated - - -

But you trust terrorists enough to buy guns. Got it. Now which party were you saying wants to combat terrorism?

I lol at the silly "Don't let them into the country" considering the great majority of our recent terrorist attacks (both EU and US) have happened from citizens who become radicalized. The Orlando shooter had been to ISIS web sites many times. But nope, let's protect his right to own a gun. We can't even put these people on a hold list.

ISIS leaders have laughed at how ridiculously easy it is to get guns in the US, and have called for true followers of ISIS to go out and buy a gun to kill Americans. So let's defend their rights to own guns.

It's so fucking depressing when John Stewart JOKINGLY predicted this exact situation.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/iiculo...k-constitution
    Did I ever say criminals should be able to freely purchase guns? My entire argument is for due process. You know the basis of the American legal system. If you want to take away an American citizen's rights at least give them a chance to defend themselves. If you commit a murder or attempt murder, you are prosecuted. Whether you realize it or not, there is no court date when you are put on the no fly list. It may seem pedantic, but it will make a big difference in the long run; I can assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Islam has virtually no chance in this country of legislating their religious laws, morality, or general bullshit. It's why I don't give much of a fuck about it.

Meanwhile, the religious right is still actively trying to legislate religion into schools/legislate against Evolution teaching, and we only just got gay marriage recognized as a fundamental right. The religious right was never defeated in the U.S., they're still going strong.
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...otections.html

"House Republicans are yet again blocking the passage of an amendment barring federal contractors from discriminating against employees on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity — this time by refusing to allow it to come to vote. The same amendment, proposed by New York Representative Sean Patrick Maloney, has been attached to two previous bills, both of which were quashed by Republicans: the first failed to pass after anti-gay Republicans strong-armed their colleagues into changing their votes at the last minute, and the second collapsed a few weeks later."

Not even a week after the "we stand with you" crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

I bet they said that in Europe too.

I did not say there was no element of the religious right left in the US. I said they were defeated (and I meant in the court of public opinion which I didn't clarify. my bad). You can't seriously think social conservatism is a winning issue in the current political climate. Even the GOP realized they lost on social issues.

10+ Year Old Account

Nope, it's saying the same thing I posted.

The KKK and Wesburough church still believe it, our laws prohibit their interpretation being carried out. This isn't a mater of reform, but your judgment of Islam based on their equivalent of KKK. The bible didn't reform, in fact, the NKJ added the word gay to the bible in 1979. Stonewall riots happened in U.S... Before them, Dan White received a 5 year sentence for the killing of Harvey Milk and another politician, with courts declaring it man slaughter, not murder.

The issue isn't Islam as the religion, but a political force. People like you conflate that. Muslims in U.S. or Europe do not toss gays of building or anything of the sort. This is because we do not have a government who's control depends on religious grounds.

See above.
    What about it? The story of Lot in both religions are about raping of angels. Not what both religions turned it into, which thinks homosexuality was the cause of calcification... instead of raping of angels...

Yeah, I ignored it. I can link you regular church activity of the KKK and Westburough church, that preach the same thing. Yet, you see Christianity as reformed, while trying to use the same, even though it's not a regular speaker, to show Muslims are not.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    So you're not authoritarian? Everything is fine then.
    no but i am. got a problem?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not say there was no element of the religious right left in the US. I said they were defeated (and I meant in the court of public opinion which I didn't clarify. my bad). You can't seriously think social conservatism is a winning issue in the current political climate. Even the GOP realized they lost on social issues.
    Then why was Trump pretending to be religious?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Other than the obvious, of me not wanting to be told what I can and cannot do?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Yeah that makes you a bad person who wants to impose your beliefs on others.

Polls are showing a very high unfavorable rate among American (70%). Polls are showing the lead Clinton has is starting to expand. Things are not going to end well for Trump. GOP keep backing away from him like he has the plague. Trump is going to declare Independent soon, mark my words.
    If I had a penny for every time someone claimed trump was starting to lose over the last year I'd be as rich as trump is.
    How many times does trump need to shove it in critics faces before they stop making bold claims like this.