Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Absolutely you can...I've been doing since mid Cata. But that said , I disagree with EVERYONE in this thread (that I read so far)...why? Because there is no magic rule to enjoying WoW ...its not "well you can only have fun if you raid" or you can only have fun if you are part of a guild....its more about YOU as the player than any other thing in game. Some people are fine solo playing (I'm one such person) other people are just not "wired" or something to play an MMO solo -- I know several folks that they can't stand even questing alone for 30 minutes....they'll just log off.

Now keep in mind -- I can do both , as long as the people I'm grouped with are cool, I can quest in groups and I get along fine and have fun I can run dungeons with a set guild team (actually my preferred way to do dungeons to be honest) ....but I'm perfectly content to solo quest, solo queue for dungeons, enter bgs alone, etc. Doesn't bother me.

Also , while I'm not in beta, I've read a lot on Legion and paid attention to the dev interviews so far -- it sounds like there's actually a fair bit of content in Legion that you can do solo....I'm actually pretty excited about that fact to be honest.

So the moral to this that I'm trying to say *NEVER* play a game how someone TELLS you to play if you don't "feel it" as being fun to play that way... you have to follow what is fun for YOU -- not me, not anyone else posting in this entire forum website -- you have to play what's FUN FOR YOU!! Its your time, its your money, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nofuku View Post
    You bust your ass 50 hours a week... and you come home to gearing characters? Come on man... go out and have fun instead of staying in if all you do is pointlessly gear up.. what you described you do on this game is depressing as fuck.

I can't even begin to think how people deem LFR fun... in fact I had no idea people based their entire gameplay on it. That's just ridiculous.

I guess so long as the playerbase constitutes easily entertained demographics such as yourself- WoW will never die.
    How is what he does any different then what really anyone else does?

If you are a hardcore raider in WoD for example your typical days are probably...

Login and do garrisons stuff, collect truck loads of free gold, free crystals, free garrison resources and free random materials you used to have to farm for
    Teleport to that PVP place and buy extra roll tokens with all the free currency you get from your garrisons
    Log onto alt, repeat
    Log onto alt, repeat
    Log onto alt, repeat
    Log onto main, sit in a raid for X hours

What else is there to do in the game that isn't "gearing up"? if you PVP you need gear, if you do any sort of PVE you need gear, character progression is like the thing you, I guess if all you do is RP you just stand there with no gear on but come on

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    How is what he does any different then what really anyone else does?

If you are a hardcore raider in WoD for example your typical days are probably...

Login and do garrisons stuff, collect truck loads of free gold, free crystals, free garrison resources and free random materials you used to have to farm for
    Teleport to that PVP place and buy extra roll tokens with all the free currency you get from your garrisons
    Log onto alt, repeat
    Log onto alt, repeat
    Log onto alt, repeat
    Log onto main, sit in a raid for X hours

What else is there to do in the game that isn't "gearing up"? if you PVP you need gear, if you do any sort of PVE you need gear, character progression is like the thing you, I guess if all you do is RP you just stand there with no gear on but come on
    I haven't raided since Sunwell because things got a little too user-friendly for my personal taste after that. But yeah, my guild is still around and very few people even do garrisons with the money they make from this pathetic excuse of content we have this patch. The only thing I do now is high end arena, which is mostly comprised of me getting glad within the first week and then defending it for the rest of the season... that being said I don't need gold- but even if I did I would buy it instead of doing that garrison crap.

What I mentioned are two different legitimate things you could be doing in this game right now that would make playing it worth your while. Ok, maybe I'm not a fan of HFC - but it still is an actual raid and I can see how people new to raiding would have fun doing Mythic. Though I have a strong disdain for low rated players, I guess a rating of 2000 or so is still better than average and it shows sign of attempting to better yourself.

But LFR? Fuck no. LFR is not even considered content in my book. If you are subscribed to this game to farm LFR only you are a dumbass. Even the normal let alone heroic raiding noobs are better than you.

Just think about it... that guy says he busts his ass 50 hours a week and he comes home to doing LFR on 10 characters. That's depressing as fuck.
    Last edited by nofuku; 2016-06-17 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nofuku View Post
    Just think about it... that guy says he busts his ass 50 hours a week and he comes home to doing LFR on 10 characters. That's depressing as fuck.
    Perhaps to you. If it makes a player happy to do that who the hell are you to judge?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Perhaps to you. If it makes a player happy to do that who the hell are you to judge?

He didn't sound happy with the game. That is probably why.