Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Artarist View Post
    We need to change sex into turn based encounters like role playing games.
    Do you say Yes?
    Yes. Your turn.
    Well if we did that then you couldn't say no during the other player's turn!

Do you say Yes?
    Yes. Your turn.
    I roll for confirmation. *throws dice* *7*
    "She says yes, and opens herself to you."
    I roll for penetration. *throws dice* *10*
    "Like a hot knife into butter. She loves it."
    I roll for continuation. *throws dice* *1*
    "She says no. You are convicted of rape the following day."

On one hand, good news, if a bit predictable. On the other hand, it still makes me a bit sad that ALI wasted time to even consider this nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    On one hand, good news, if a bit predictable. On the other hand, it still makes me a bit sad that ALI wasted time to even consider this nonsense.
    In the future nobody can deny that it hasn't had its chance and been inspected. This provides necessary counter arguments against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally a victory for the 5th amendment.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    A rape is a rape when the other resists, verbally or other way.
    This definition is too narrow, because it doesn't include cases where someone is unable to resist or give consent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorelei View Post
    This definition is too narrow, because it doesn't include cases where someone is unable to resist or give consent.
    Then there should be a way to make a rule that doesn't involve "You technically didn't voice consent so if you regret consensual sex later you can make it rape".

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Then there should be a way to make a rule that doesn't involve "You technically didn't voice consent so if you regret consensual sex later you can make it rape".
    I'm not sure what you mean. It's one thing to reject "affirmative consent," which is unworkable for a variety of reasons, and another thing entirely to redefine things that currently are considered rape and start pretending they are consensual. That's what the other poster's definition did (unintentionally, I assume). If you can't have a rape unless the victim "resists, verbally or other way," then none of the following existing crimes are rape anymore:

- sex with an unconscious person (even if the reason they are unconscious isn't their fault)
    - sex with a child, if that child is persuaded not to resist
    - sex with someone at gun/knife point, if they are told not to say a word or resist, and comply out of fear

You get the point. The law already doesn't require "resistance" as an element of rape, precisely because rapists found ways to keep their victims from saying no or fighting back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorelei View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. It's one thing to reject "affirmative consent," which is unworkable for a variety of reasons, and another thing entirely to redefine things that currently are considered rape and start pretending they are consensual. That's what the other poster's definition did (unintentionally, I assume). If you can't have a rape unless the victim "resists, verbally or other way," then none of the following existing crimes are rape anymore:

- sex with an unconscious person (even if the reason they are unconscious isn't their fault)
    - sex with a child, if that child is persuaded not to resist
    - sex with someone at gun/knife point, if they are told not to say a word or resist, and comply out of fear

You get the point. The law already doesn't require "resistance" as an element of rape, precisely because rapists found ways to keep their victims from saying no or fighting back.
    I was stating my opinion of what this "affirmative consent" served to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty expected that it was rejected. As Mr. Taylor said, the concept of "affirmative consent" ignores the realities of our world and just wouldn't work in practice.

It should just work as it's always worked: if two persons are found to have both been willing to have sex, then everything is fine, and if one of them apparently wasn't willing to, then it is rape. "Verbal consent", "written consent", "body language consent" - completely irrelevant things. It is not very hard for a person to express that they want sex, or that they don't want it. It makes it a bit hard for the courts to decide what actually took place though - but, well, those folks aren't paid godly wages for nothing: get to work, you lazies!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did we need another rape thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Did we need another rape thread?
    Can never have too much rape!

Oops... *runs away*
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Can never have too much rape!

Oops... *runs away*
    Don't run.

You just justfied this thread's existence. LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't even need affirmative consent in an ideal world. Revocation of consent with the ability to revoke consent is all we need.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least the ALI actually has intelligent people who live in the real world amongst it.

Affirmative consent is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. At no point in the many relationships/one night stands I've been in has me or my partner ever rolled over and needed to say "May I touch you there."

Most intimate things generally are silently engaged, one partner initiates, the other partner usually reciprocates or denies the engagement.

This shit sounds like it was made by Men/Women who have never/can't get laid who don't actually understand how intimacy works. Fucking asking someone if you can touch/feel each part everytime you do it would kill any passion or intimacy nearly instantly.

for people that constantly talk about "MUH RAPE CULTURE" they sure enjoy making any kind of sexual activity seem like Rape.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you say Yes?
    Yes. Your turn.
    Penis to B6

YOU SANK MY RAPELESHIP!

You know this is just going to play into their "rape culture" narrative. "Look, see how they refuse to change the laws to protect women from sexual assault and rape? See! Institutional misogyny!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You know this is just going to play into their "rape culture" narrative. "Look, see how they refuse to change the laws to protect women from sexual assault and rape? See! Institutional misogyny!"
    Bingo

Like any good conspiracy theory, feminism will adapt to any new circumstance to still maintain the narrative of oppression

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a good thing, and of course a perfect opportunity for the zealous anti-fems to come in here and commit the same Hyperbole and Godwinning that they revile feminists for committing.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Least there are some small mercies in the world still.