7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Source for this claim?
    Trolling based on: https://twitter.com/ManMadeMoon/stat...49218208772097
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

What exactly is needed for a director's cut? Just adding them as extra scenes BESIDE the movie is just stupid when they ARE a part of the movie! We are talking 40 mins! Are they seriously planning on putting 40 mins under extra?!

Heck I don't care if we get a sequel now, I just want a director's cut. The movie + the missing scenes. The pacing in the movie is awful, we need to fix this! Can Universal/Legendary not see this? We are all saying it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jotun View Post
    The only thing I can come up with right now that was changed simply because it would 'cooler' was Dalaran floating. Pretty much everything else seemed like it was to get a more streamlined and coherent story line for a 2 hour+ movie. I could very well have missed some other little things, if so feel free to mention them. Also, I'm unsure of whether or not you're trying to argue otherwise, so I'm not trying to say you are.
    Just in general really. Dalaran just being the first to hit my head. The whole garona thing at the end. Alodi change Plus I've always had a problem with jones direction of not keeping in the orcs and their demon affiliation before they came through the portal. A change to fel that I just never could grasp, yet it was fine to throw demons'ish on medivh. I think it would have spoke volumes as a connection for both and why orcs did what they did. that eventually leads to there redemption. A flashback just doesn't cut it in a sequel when you are not guaranteed a sequel. Best to get the story more dead on personally.

But you see it other places as well really but you get the point. At some point, you need to stop changing the story people got hooked it.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    I don't think thats trolling.

It is all driven by numbers. And ATM the home video release (Which I don't doubt is DVD as well) is just some extra scenes and unless something changes, that isn't a DC or extended edition. The guy asks, I want an extended edition and thats not up to jones and It depends on if the numbers pan out to do it. From what jones says, it's nothing more than extra scenes. Nothing more than what we know as deleted scenes I'd wager..

Not sure thats panning out just yet to be anything more that that.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-06-18 at 01:56 AM.

Loved the movie, Hope they get what they need to be able to make a trilogy out of it.
    Went with 2 other people who had never played Warcraft and they also loved the movie (They also understood it because they're not fucking mentally retarded), I seriously don't understand the hate this movie is getting
    Last edited by Skyforge1; 2016-06-18 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforge1 View Post
    Loved the movie, Hope they get what they need to be able to make a trilogy out of it.
    Went with 2 other people who had never played Warcraft and they also loved the movie (They also understood it because they're not fucking mentally retarded), I seriously don't understand the hate this movie is getting
    Sadly it is just not the critics, if you cannot beat Conjuring, Finding Dory, NYSM2, I dunno. Marketing should be an issue.

You can cater to China but at the end of the day you have to do better domestically. Terrible numbers.

I blame universal and stupid critics
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    Sadly it is just not the critics, if you cannot beat Conjuring, Finding Dory, NYSM2, I dunno. Marketing should be an issue.

You can cater to China but at the end of the day you have to do better domestically. Terrible numbers.
    Still yet to premier in some countrys, Only came out here in Australia yesterday, hopefully they find some more success

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    What exactly is needed for a director's cut? Just adding them as extra scenes BESIDE the movie is just stupid when they ARE a part of the movie! We are talking 40 mins! Are they seriously planning on putting 40 mins under extra?!

Heck I don't care if we get a sequel now, I just want a director's cut. The movie + the missing scenes. The pacing in the movie is awful, we need to fix this! Can Universal/Legendary not see this? We are all saying it!

You know, at this point I am sure why game movies do poorly. It isn't the market, it's the studios making dumb decisions like this. Even people go like the movie feel the pacing is off and the director clearly agrees. Yet this is the decision?

Lol

Superhero movies suffered this until execs realized making a superhero movie good requires the same as any other movie. I guess we still have time before they realize this goes for gam movies too.

Assassins creed, you're up.

Somebody didn't pay attention to the success story of Pacific Rim: horrible domestic revenue here in the States, yet did so well in Asia it warranted a sequel (which is in development).

ATM, Warcraft has already earned thrice it's budget worldwide, and with China being by far the biggest market for the movie and having only been available there for a week, the rule of halves says it'll cross the 500 million mark by Monday no questions asked.

Somebody didn't pay attention to the success story of Pacific Rim: horrible domestic revenue here in the States, yet did so well in Asia it warranted a sequel (which is in development).

ATM, Warcraft has already earned thrice it's budget worldwide, and with China being by far the biggest market for the movie and having only been available there for a week, the rule of halves says it'll cross the 500 million mark by Monday no questions asked.
    Sequel is in play but I guess the success of the movie internationally and nationally can determine the budget of the sequel.

It is not looking very good for a much bigger budget right now.

All I want now is the Director's Cut and Tauren in the next movies, will keep expectations low.

For the Bloodhooves!

Maybe. But if what's said is true on alot of sites, the movie needs to make 400-500 million to break even, and start heading into the black. Nowadays, a movie isn't just a flop if it doesn't make it's money back, but if it doesn't result in acouple hundred million or more in the black too. And unless this is the last movie of the year that China will show, it won't be making nearly as much as it already has so quickly so expecting a 70% or more drop in attendance, which is the norm, is expected. I think it'll make it's money back, and even end up in the black, but I don't think it will warrant a sequel unless they drop the production cost by alot for it.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Sequel is in play but I guess the success of the movie internationally and nationally can determine the budget of the sequel.

It is not looking very good for a much bigger budget right now.

All I want now is the Director's Cut and Tauren in the next movies, will keep expectations low.

For the Bloodhooves!
    Tauren yes yes YESS!!!

The budget doesn't need to be increased to produce a sequel, in fact Duncan now has more to work (comparatively) with considering he already has sets and props created for Orcs and Stormwind, as well as the software for the Haircraft program has been developed and he already has actors from the first film on his phone list which saves a ton of time and money. At the very most, 150 million is what he'd need, if that. Another 100 million is more than enough.

It´s just a shame what the US is bringing to the BoxOffice for this. As I said before it´s far from perfect but anywhere that bad that it only get sub 50M there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    Well Duncan said there won't be an extended edition and we'll only get some scenes as extra features.

Pretty much confirms no sequel and the end of Warcraft.

It's been a pleasure guys, but it's over...

GG
    LOL that doesnt mean anything
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

If you ever aggroed a griffon master at a flight point, it reminds me a lot of the griffon fighting with Lothar.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    duncan is aggroed

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post
    It´s just a shame what the US is bringing to the BoxOffice for this. As I said before it´s far from perfect but anywhere that bad that it only get sub 50M there.

Blame marketing. You could blame the critics, but let's be real. Most people don't even pay attention to critics. They see a trailer, maybe some other advertising on billboards and shit, and then decide to go if the film sticks long enough for them to remember when they have some free time to kill.

The way I imagined a wow movie was having a deep story about two flawed factions of multiple people's that misunderstand one another and must come together to beat a greater evil.

The way I saw it advertised was generic fantasy Orc vs generic fantasy human cliche with a slightly larger CGI budget than usual.

I know better, but most Americans only know of those news stories about wow players dying or neglecting their kids. China was always a shoe in for the movie. They would have done better spending more to market in America.

That warlords marketing was better. That fucking taxi with an axe in it in times square man. Even people that gave zero fucks was like "okay, what's up with this shit?" I was seeing pics on Facebook pop up by any of my friends that were near.

"Oh nice pick Jim, but what's up with that smashed taxi behind you?"
    Last edited by Tempguy; 2016-06-18 at 07:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Blame marketing. You could blame the critics, but let's be real. Most people don't even pay attention to critics. They see a trailer, maybe some other advertising on billboards and shit, and then decide to go if the film sticks long enough for them to remember when they have some free time to kill.

The way I imagined a wow movie was having a deep story about two flawed factions of multiple people's that misunderstand one another and must come together to beat a greater evil.

The way I saw it advertised was generic fantasy Orc vs generic fantasy human cliche with a slightly larger CGI budget than usual.

I know better, but most Americans only know of those news stories about wow players dying or neglecting their kids. China was always a shoe in for the movie. They would have done better spending more to market in America.

That warlords marketing was better. That fucking taxi with an axe in it in times square man. Even people that gave zero fucks was like "okay, what's up with this shit?" I was seeing pics on Facebook pop up by any of my friends that were near.

"Oh nice pick Jim, but what's up with that smashed taxi behind you?"
    Critics played a large role in it, after critic reviews started going live theatres starting cutting showtimes if not all together. Conjuring 2 got rave reviews and its showtimes were more than NYSM2+Warcraft(being less than half of NYSM2 showings) combined in my regional theatres.

Yes but that is theaters. I was talking viewers.

If viewers were still interested, theaters would sell out and be forced to adjust show times and open more showings. So viewers still didn't pack house.

I could be totally wrong, I admit that. It's just an opinion I have. I just don't think that many people listen to critics. Hell, I look at reviews and most critics I ignore. I read "user" reviews and weigh them higher, as I think most do.

Lik books. Who really cares what some critics say on the back of a book? I pick up stories based on readers responses. When I see movies; I go by friends opinions if I don't know of the film. Otherwise I look up audience reviews.

But mostly I just go see what I am interested in since I rarely go out anyway.

I just bought Deadpool BTW. After seeing so much stuff about it, and hearing from everyone who saw it, I had no choice when I saw it at the store yesterday. I have yet to see a critics review on that. Mostly because I don't care after all this hype.