Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    And that has to do with the size of economy how?

Cause last I checked, I wasn't talking about individual quality of life. You brought that up. Probably triggered. Are you French by chance?

Probably not since you have not surrendered.
    Overall prosperity *is* the size of the economy. You are blindly using the size of the economy/overall prosperity as some flawed metric for equality. Which isn't.

Seems to me you don't understand simple words being used. It's okay, I just enlightened you.

Actually, from what i have seen its okay to bash anerica, but other nations are taboo. That may just be me though.
    Actually, from what I have seen, it's just confirmation bias on the part of conservatives, like when they say the forum has a "leftist" bias. I mean, if that were remotely true, people like Tennisace would be scot free instead of spending more time banned than not.

Plenty of posters, including myself, have been infracted in the past for even borderline nation bashing when it comes to america.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-06-18 at 07:50 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's only cool when conservatives get to engage in their usual circlejerk and echo chamber, right?

It's not cool when "authoritarian leftists" come into the thread and point out something true, even if it is contrary to conservative propaganda and talking points.
    Oh for fucks sake... here we go... lol
    You're embarrassing yourself with your ranting.

In no way shape or form was he trying to be condescending or trash anyone.
    It's all you who makes a big fuss out of it.
    Now take the political partisan crap and get the fuck away from the keyboard for awhile and your own sake.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    It's silly that Americans gives this so much credit, but when you tell them that the EU has a bigger economy than the US they say "well, the EU isn't a country so it doesn't count". Well, shouldn't that apply here as well? California isn't a country either.

Anyway, good job to them.

It's weird when people talk about the US economic system being trash, when we have states that are richer than most nations.
    And those same states also have people that are poorer than those living in third world countries

10+ Year Old Account
    California the same state that has about enough drinking water to fill a bath tub and imports power from other state's dams. If it went independent lets hope NAFTA doesn't apply to them so we can bend them over on tariffs and strict border policies so they can't leave their state easily. Their chief exports are digital so pirates will wreck their economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    It's silly that Americans gives this so much credit, but when you tell them that the EU has a bigger economy than the US they say "well, the EU isn't a country so it doesn't count". Well, shouldn't that apply here as well? California isn't a country either.

Anyway, good job to them.
    I think we should just consider the EU a country now. And yeah you economy is bigger, but we are actually pretty close so I think that is not something to to ignore.

A respectable second. Even more so considering the EU can always grow. We grow too much and people will declare war on us for taking over countries. Lol

And that "not a country part'? I mean, comparing a group of countries to one and claiming the group is stronger , and comparing one state to a country...

Let me put it this way.

Would you be proud of saying that you and a group of friends beat up one big guy?
    Would you be proud if one of your kids beat up one big guy?

I see it kinda like that. The EU is a group of countries. A state is , well a state within a country.
    Last edited by Tempguy; 2016-06-18 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Oh for fucks sake... here we go... lol
    You're embarrassing yourself with your ranting.

In no way shape or form was he trying to be condescending or trash anyone.
    It's all you who makes a big fuss out of it.
    Now take the political partisan crap and get the fuck away from the keyboard for awhile and your own sake.
    Right, so making ad hominem attacks and accusing people of trolling is not trying to be "condescending or trash anyone"? What a really weird and unrealistic definition of "condescending or trash anyone".

In the meantime, you and your merry bunch still have not addressed my accusations that

1) most nations mean lumping 3rd world nations into the comparison

2) overall prosperity doesn't mean there isn't a huge chasm of difference that's still widening even today between the upper and lower classes.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    And those same states also have people that are poorer than those living in third world countries
    Wut? 10characters

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Wut? 10characters

I dunno man. Just let them have it. This news apparently triggered them somehow and they feel the need to expose how much America sucks.

I for one enjoyed my time in France and would not mind living there if I had to leave the US. In fact, if not for my ingrained hate of taxes (blame the forefathers) I'd gladly live in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Wut? 10characters
    It's a loaded claim.

Obviously the richest few in those 3rd world nations are bound to be better off than the poorest in these states, so he's right on a technicality, but it's nowhere near a fair claim.

What source is he basing this on?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account

In the meantime, you and your merry bunch still have not addressed my accusations that

1) most nations mean lumping 3rd world nations into the comparison
    3rd World nations don't exist.
    That term became obsolete with the demise of the USSR.
    It was an outright cold war label used during those times.
    And for what's worth, that made Sweden, Ireland. Wales, Austria, Switzerland, Finland, among others Third world nations.

3rd World nations don't exist.
    That term became obsolete with the demise of the USSR.
    It was an outright cold war label used during those times.
    And for what's worth, that made Sweden, Ireland. Wales, Austria, Switzerland, Finland, among others Third world nations.
    I mean if you want to argue semantics, of which your brethren are also apparently using incorrectly but you conveniently ignored because their arguments fit your partisan bias, sure, 3rd world nations don't exist.

Let's rename those to rich and poor nations then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if you want to argue semantics, of which your brethren are also apparently using incorrectly but conveniently ignored because their arguments fit your partisan bias, sure, 3rd world nations don't exist.

This is not semantics, this is correct naming.
    The terms first, second, third world were outright political labels.
    it divided the world map into 3 groups, countries that either aligned with the USSR (second world nations), countries that aligned against it (first world nations), and the neutral rest (third world).

The established correct terms are either developed country or developing country.

I mean if you want to argue semantics, of which your brethren are also apparently using incorrectly but you conveniently ignored because their arguments fit your partisan bias, sure, 3rd world nations don't exist.

I've actually disagreed with that guy quite a few times in my short time here. While we do not see eye to eye on everything, even I can admit that his posts are well thought out from a place of logic.

If you perceive a bias , it's a projected one. Check my post history for proof of what I claim.

And I was not the one who brought "third world nations " into the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually disagreed with that guy quite a few times in my short time here. While we do not see eye to eye on everything, even I can admit that his posts are well thought out from a place of logic.
    Indeed, we disagreed quite a few times before.

This is not semantics, this is correct naming.
    The terms first, second, third world were outright political labels.
    it divided the world map into 3 groups, countries that either aligned with the USSR (second world nations), countries that aligned against it (first world nations), and the neutral rest (third world).

The established correct terms are either developed country or developing country.
    Which your brethren are using too, I might point out again, since you conveniently skipped it over.

You are still arguing semantics, because you admit you know exactly what I, among others, are actually referring to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0928 View Post
    What about that cataclysmic drought California is supposed to be in the middle of?
    The northern 2/3rds of the state is doing fairly good. Reservoirs are significantly higher than this time last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which your brethren are using too, I might point out again, since you conveniently skipped it over.

You are still arguing semantics, because you admit you know exactly what I, among others, are actually referring to.
    Tempguy said "most nations" and that triggered you badly.
    Ever since you ramble on here.
    One can actually play you like a violin, as predictable it became.

I am sure that posting logically in the past means posting logically in the present. Not.

If you perceive a bias , it's a projected one. Check my post history for proof of what I claim.
    I don't "perceive" a bias, there is one. And how do I know there is?

1) Insisting a sentence contains words it does not, because by doing so, the poster can fit his narrative into his beliefs
    2) Accusing people of trolling/ranting etc, even when it objectively contains valid arguments, to conveniently avoid answering questions and concerns which have answers that disagree with their assertions
    3) Harping on semantics, when all parties clearly know, and admit to understand the meaning and spirit of the terms being used.

And I was not the one who brought "third world nations " into the discussion.
    And yet another strawman, I didn't claim you or anyone other than me brought "third world nations" into the discussion. I just asserted that his brethren, namely you and the other posters in this thread who referenced the post with "third world nations" also used it incorrectly by translation and transference.

Try to keep up.