Deleted

When do you think the PTR version of a pre-patch is going to hit live servers?

A lot of people speculate that pre-patch is going to be released on 19th july - but I personally think that around this date patch including Demon Hunters, Legion invasion, demon event etc is going to be released.

And as Blizzard has already stated, the first part of pre-patch is only going to include class changes and wardrobe system (it's a version of patch that we currently have on the PTR).

So when do you think this version of pre-patch is going to be released? In 2 weeks or sooner/later?
    Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2016-06-18 at 12:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think Demon hunter will be sometime in between Pre-Patch and the launch of Legion. Essentially something like this

19th / 20th of July: Pre-Patch

About 2 weeks later: Demon Hunters

About 2 weeks from that: Legion Launch

They know that a lot of people will probably create a Demon Hunter. Bringing them out after the Pre-Patch event has started and probably settled down a lot they can prevent a little bit of server issues. Probably not all of them, but some.
    Last edited by DanThePaladin; 2016-06-18 at 12:50 PM.

What's on PTR right now includes everything, even all legion zones. Maybe they'll not let people access DH once the prepatch hits. In that case they'll simply "unlock" DHs at some point, but there will not be another patch between prepatch and Legion release.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    I personally think Demon hunter will be sometime in between Pre-Patch and the launch of Legion. Essentially something like this

They know that a lot of people will probably create a Demon Hunter. Bringing them out after the Pre-Patch event has started and probably settled down a lot they can prevent a little bit of server issues. Probably not all of them, but some.
    Demon Hunters are a week before Legion launch, last I heard.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Demon Hunters are a week before Legion launch, last I heard.
    Speculation.. No one knows besides Blizzard themselves and I'm not even sure they know :P

I agree.
    I think there will be a gap to allow for fixes/stability before demon hunters are unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    What's on PTR right now includes everything, even all legion zones. Maybe they'll not let people access DH once the prepatch hits. In that case they'll simply "unlock" DHs at some point, but there will not be another patch between prepatch and Legion release.
    Indeed, Pre-patch isn't some select portion of the game but rather legion in effect.
    It will just like any other patch include content which is simply not available to players, gated until either blizzard dictate otherwise or the expansion releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    19th july 50%
    26 july 50 %

I'd say 26.

I'd say 3-4 weeks before release as well.

OT: Do you guys know if CM Gold will still be attainable when the pre-patch hits the live servers?

Speculation.. No one knows besides Blizzard themselves and I'm not even sure they know :P
    I mean, considering it's even a promised 'feature' from the pre-order..We have a release date for Legion, Dhunters get a week early to play.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    OT: Do you guys know if CM Gold will still be attainable when the pre-patch hits the live servers?
    It probably won't since the option to set the dungeon difficulty on challenge mode has been removed.

Late July. They still need to stress test the broken shore, fix bugs and what not, fix class talents, and do the 2-week PvP warning.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The 19th in next month.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it will be August 2. That would fit the pattern of all previous expansions.

Deleted
    Late August. Considering the state of beta I'm quite sure that the expansion will be delayed. Maybe even to 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Late August. Considering the state of beta I'm quite sure that the expansion will be delayed. Maybe even to 2017.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    You probably weren't in WoD beta. Majority of garrison was broken when pre-patch hit live.