Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    ......right.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    Yeah, I think he is overestimating himself.
    As if two men are going to tell me I'm not as attractive as I think I am. I get it a lot from women, especially in college. Doesn't mean I was a fuck machine either because I was going steady with my now wife throughout then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I agree. I'd also say that many of us are unintentional players in this "game" of fashion. For example, it's quite common that I'm accused of stealing other girls' thunder (strangers included, no less), when in all seriousness, I could care less about them or who supposedly (they believe) thinks less of them for looking at me... It's drama and I don't associate with it if I don't have to. I just whatever I want, it's my time and my clothes. As long as I don't break rules, I don't really care if someone has a problem with me. Maybe I cause problems for others, but in all seriousness, if just walking around in unconventional cloths warrants ruining your day, your day it pretty shitty to begin with, in my opinion... So, I simply don't let it bother me. :|
    And what rules are those?

Question whatever you take for granted.

Deleted
    Just like men, women who are in a longterm relationship or married usualy let themselves go. The main reason to look good is to attract a partner.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    And what rules are those?
    Literal federal and state dress codes.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's obviously different, she can but she doesn't want to, I am talking when there is no motivation barrier, just act of pure refusal.
    Well she refuses me when I tell her to fucking exercise lol. I have 8 grand worth of gym equipment in my garage bitch won't even get on a treadmill.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Well she refuses me when I tell her to fucking exercise lol. I have 8 grand worth of gym equipment in my garage bitch won't even get on a treadmill.
    Well exercise is good for your health, both physically and mentally (sometimes spiritually as well). It isn't just about physique. So, pushing anyone to exercise in a healthy manner is good, regardless of who they are.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    lol bro, sounds like a relationship problem here, and calling your gf a bitch? I'm not surprised she doesnt want to.

No. But then again I don't really dress in a sexy fashion, or wear make-up or do my hair aside from brushing it in the first place.

I do this all the time.

Deleted
    Girls are at all times engaged in a biological battle of judgement and aesthetic evaluation with each other, a battle that is almost completely invisible to men but that is happening all the time, even between female friends, even between female relatives

I actually had a chat with this girl who told me she couldn't wear heels at work because she didn't want her legs to look longer or her older, fatter boss in her late 40s would treat her badly

This is just one of those implicit, unspoken things going on that it's fun to know about and watch in action

TLDR: women are better misogynists than I could ever hope to be, but don't tell anyone I said that

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Girls are at all times engaged in a biological battle of judgement and aesthetic evaluation with each other, a battle that is almost completely invisible to men but that is happening all the time, even between female friends, even between female relatives

I actually had a chat with this girl who told me she couldn't wear heels at work because she didn't want her legs to look longer or her older, fatter boss in her late 40s would treat her badly

This is just one of those implicit, unspoken things going on that it's fun to know about and watch in action

TLDR: women are better misogynists than I could ever hope to be, but don't tell anyone I said that
    Oh puh-leeeaaase men do this crap too! Always scouting out who has the biggest muscles, the nicest car...

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Oh puh-leeeaaase men do this crap too! Always scouting out who has the biggest muscles, the nicest car...
    Ya, trying to see who has the biggest peen i guess xD

Deleted
    Maybe gay men, I don't really feel in competition with other guys except when it comes to professional achievements and life experience and those aren't really all that visible on the outside

Deleted
    As if two men are going to tell me I'm not as attractive as I think I am. I get it a lot from women, especially in college. Doesn't mean I was a fuck machine either because I was going steady with my now wife throughout then.
    Ha, having an attractive and long term partner somehow increases the power of any "fanny magnet" thing you have going on. It's as if you are sometimes evaluated not only on how you look and who you are, but who you are already with. I think it is used as a barometer type of measurement that sets off some competitive urge in some people. There's a small proportion of women that do this, but most certainly some do.

There is always that interrogation if you get flirted with in that situation too. It might come when you least expecting it and sometimes days after but it is often a disguised "did you think she was pretty/smart?" Great care is required in answering these sorts of questions

I think a lot of it is just humbleness and being self conscious.

Maybe gay men, I don't really feel in competition with other guys except when it comes to professional achievements and life experience and those aren't really all that visible on the outside
    Yes, as a fellow dude I'll back this up.

Gyms bros would beg to differ, not saying that's me.

Contrary to popular belief among guys on the web, not all women dress with "I'm gonna attract or try NOT to attract guys!" in mind every morning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Contrary to popular belief among guys on the web, not all women dress with "I'm gonna attract or try NOT to attract guys!" in mind every morning.
    Sounds iffy. What other reasons could there possibly be?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Are we talking about just women on women on the Internet?