Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love an Azshara expansion, particularly if she's raising up pieces of the seafloor to create new zones. Had some ideas about that myself.

Thal'Dranath may be cut, but there was a lot of speculation going on that it would be the tomb/prison of N'Zoth and that it would originally be underwater, only to be raised up from the depths by Azshara later on in the expansion after the events in Azsuna don't go the way she wanted. Hopefully that's what we wind up getting instead of night elf ruins. As far as something being way cooler than night elf ruins, Ny'alotha definitely qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Mankrik View Post
    Zandalar is mostly under water now
    If Azshara is raising up portions of the sunken seafloor, she could raise up Zandalar as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's this? A theory actually being labeled as a theory and not a "leak"...?

It was bound to happen eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeupname999 View Post
    There is no way in hell there is gonna be 4 new xpacs in wow unless blizz gets super creative with the lore
    I forget which, but either Ion or Chilton said recently they're killing off big characters to focus on new ones. So, there's that.

My only concern is that Kosak will be writing them - and we know what he sqeezed out in a big steaming dump in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I'd love an Azshara expansion, particularly if she's raising up pieces of the seafloor to create new zones. Had some ideas about that myself.

Thal'Dranath may be cut, but there was a lot of speculation going on that it would be the tomb/prison of N'Zoth and that it would originally be underwater, only to be raised up from the depths by Azshara later on in the expansion after the events in Azsuna don't go the way she wanted. Hopefully that's what we wind up getting instead of night elf ruins. As far as something being way cooler than night elf ruins, Ny'alotha definitely qualifies.
    OP, this is how you write a speculative post on potential expansions. Granted, Yak is the master at it, and should be hired by Blizzard - but this is how you do it.

No, no, OP, you've got it all wrong.

World of Warcraft: The Dead Islands.

An expansion featuring an ocean graveyard where time-lost isles, forgotten by even the Titans themselves can be found. Go to fabled locations of Thal'dranath, the Dragon Isles, Farahlon, Gillijim's Isle, and the Tanaris Isles to explore blank, nondescript islands that will mysteriously disappear and reappear each patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    No, no, OP, you've got it all wrong.

World of Warcraft: The Dead Islands.

An expansion featuring an ocean graveyard where time-lost isles, forgotten by even the Titans themselves can be found. Go to fabled locations of Thal'dranath, the Dragon Isles, Farahlon, Gillijim's Isle, and the Tanaris Isles to explore blank, nondescript islands that will mysteriously disappear and reappear each patch.
    We need this, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    South Seas honestly sounds like the most boring thing they could ever focus an expansion on. I think I speak for most by saying it's time to take the fight to the Legion, not focus on the exploits of a few pirates.
    Legion is the most boring thing they could ever focus on an expansion. I think I speak for most by saying it's time to focus on our own world rather than this looming threat that really isn't a threat at all.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Legion is the most boring thing they could ever focus on an expansion. I think I speak for most by saying it's time to focus on our own world rather than this looming threat that really isn't a threat at all.

Whatever you say pal.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

I think I speak for most by saying it's time to focus on our own world rather than this looming threat that really isn't a threat at all.
    The legion did arrive on Azeroth and is actively invading our areas. What should we do, ignore them?
    Its not like we're going to them as a pre-emptive strike or something, we're defending our world here from an imminent full scale invasion.

Next xpac should be Void-based. We know almost nothing about the Void Lords, they only revealed them in Chronicles, and they don't seem to be a part of Legion. Seems natural that the Void is the next xpac. Also, the OLD OLD OLD expansion leak has now touched every single plotpoint except for K'aresh and the Void (which was listed at the end with the Legion).
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Whatever you say pal.
    If it was that simple Azeroth would be dead already and why the fuck are we even trying to begin with.

Whatever you say pal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The legion did arrive on Azeroth and is actively invading our areas. What should we do, ignore them?
    Its not like we're going to them as a pre-emptive strike or something, we're defending our world here from an imminent full scale invasion.
    Yeah but the legion is only invading because Blizzard made them do that. I think as a whole the burning legion is about as much of a threat as a paper cut. To be honest, nothing in wow ever comes across as a threat, so just pure adventure expansions feel like they carry more entertainment and lore value than this "OMG ITS THE FUCKING LEGION WE'RE GOING TO DIE" when in reality we've killed so many OMG ITS THE FUCKING END OF THE WORLD WE'RE GOING TO DIE bosses its like 'k this again'

Deleted
    I totally agree with OP. Especially because I expected them to do something with a boat too (and then I heard an engineer talk about players owning ships) .. Future time!

I honestly think blizz is gonna wrap the game up next xpac with the argus xpac
    You think wrong.

WoW is still a multi-million (if not billion) dollar business. They won't end it anytime soon.

Deleted
    I tell you what will happen, we'll loose against the legion, we will be corrupted by the fel. We will be dragged into the nether.

We will be in the nether. New Exp happens in this world. (There is none? Create one.)

Nobody has mentioned this yet, but this'll be a spoiler for Legion Beta, if you don't want to be spoiled stop reading here.

As far as the Azshara cameo, that already happens in Azsuna. There's a quest in Azsuna where you get captured by Naga and a Night Elven ghost appears and saves you, he then tells you the tale of how he saved you and in it he encounters a shadowy Naga figure that looks like Azshara and has her nameplate above it. She then transforms into her Night Elf model from the Well of Eternity and taunts him more. I personally see Azshara being a side tier that we deal with in this expansion, with N'Zoth either being in that same tier or the focus of an expansion himself after Legion.
    Last edited by HBShock; 2016-06-19 at 12:26 AM.

If it was that simple Azeroth would be dead already and why the fuck are we even trying to begin with.

Whatever you say pal.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but the legion is only invading because Blizzard made them do that. I think as a whole the burning legion is about as much of a threat as a paper cut. To be honest, nothing in wow ever comes across as a threat, so just pure adventure expansions feel like they carry more entertainment and lore value than this "OMG ITS THE FUCKING LEGION WE'RE GOING TO DIE" when in reality we've killed so many OMG ITS THE FUCKING END OF THE WORLD WE'RE GOING TO DIE bosses its like 'k this again'
    It's a story, and the good guys usually win in stories. If you're throwing WoW under the bus because we win the game, I don't think it's a game you should be playing. Sargeras and his Legion are not even the end game. The Void Lords, the beings who set everything in motion as far as the Old Gods and even the inspiration of Sargeras's crusade against life. THEY are the end game now for Warcraft, and for Azeroth herself.

As for us? Chronicles made our role very clear. We're to stall Sargeras arriving at Azeroth and cleaving it in two for as long as possible until Azeroth wakes up. She has the power to defeat Sargeras and end his Legion. It's the end game as far as we are concerned, and frankly I'm getting sick and tired with what amounts to side quests for our characters. I wanna see the big action. So sure, I'd love to explore Azeroth more, see what's on the other side of the planet, maybe even the moons. But it's all moving to a head, and Sargeras is that head.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

It's a story, and the good guys usually win in stories. If you're throwing WoW under the bus because we win the game, I don't think it's a game you should be playing. Sargeras and his Legion are not even the end game. The Void Lords, the beings who set everything in motion as far as the Old Gods and even the inspiration of Sargeras's crusade against life. THEY are the end game now for Warcraft, and for Azeroth herself.

As for us? Chronicles made our role very clear. We're to stall Sargeras arriving at Azeroth and cleaving it in two for as long as possible until Azeroth wakes up. She has the power to defeat Sargeras and end his Legion. It's the end game as far as we are concerned, and frankly I'm getting sick and tired with what amounts to side quests for our characters. I wanna see the big action. So sure, I'd love to explore Azeroth more, see what's on the other side of the planet, maybe even the moons. But it's all moving to a head, and Sargeras is that head.
    Power ramping is a serious problem. More feel good stories/filler is how you prolong the life of a game. That is why South Seas will happen next.

WoW servers wont die but blizz really doesnt need to keep pumping out xpac unless Legion is a mega hit. Blizz could make a argus xpac and then sell DLC and in game services like other MMOs do and then use there staff to work on other IPs.

Most of the subs they get now is from gold token sales prolly the reason why they dont submit subs numbers now.

There is no way in hell there is gonna be 4 new xpacs in wow unless blizz gets super creative with the lore and its just more economical for blizz to use there staff to work on new IPs than it is to waste there time making more xpacs for a game that is in twilight years.
    Terror of Ny'alotha (South Seas/Azshara/N'Zoth)
    Return of the Black Empire (Fallout of C'thun, Yogg-Saron, and N'Zoth's deaths, Bolvar corrupted, Hollow Earth-style continent)
    Secrets of Goria (Draenor's Ogre Continent, Gorian Empire, Apexis Arakkoa, return of Ner'zhul, Cho'gall, and their Void master)
    Assault on Argus (Final Legion expansion)

There's four without even trying. Another possibility is an expansion set in the Veiled and Forbidding Seas with new, undiscovered continents. So, there's five or six, at least, without moving to completely new worlds.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2016-06-19 at 02:18 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Terror of Ny'alotha (South Seas/Azshara/N'Zoth)
    Return of the Black Empire (Fallout of C'thun, Yogg-Saron, and N'Zoth's deaths, Bolvar corrupted, Hollow Earth-style continent)
    Secrets of Goria (Draenor's Ogre Continent, Gorian Empire, Apexis Arakkoa, return of Ner'zhul, Cho'gall, and their Void master)
    Assault on Argus (Final Legion expansion)

There's four without even trying. Another possibility is an expansion set in the Veiled and Forbidding Seas with new, undiscovered continents. So, there's five or six, at least, without moving to completely new worlds.
    Those all sound goood.

But yah if I had to guess I say in the next xpac we discover that K'aresh has become some kind of "primary base" for the Void Lords and we travel to K'aresh to fight the Void and learn a bunch of Void lore. Ethereals are heavily involved.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The concept of a South Seas expansion sounds ok to me but that's just it "ok". I'm not a huge fan of "pirate stuff" to put it simply. But I do think people that suggest there's only one or two expansions left to WoW before the game is done....I think that's flat wrong.

Its weird people look at wow and go "its dying and its old"....yet isn't Ultima Online AND EverQuest both at or very near 20 years old *and* both have less than 5 million subscribers?

WoW's only going to be 12 in November....AND I still hold onto my theory that even if "disaster" happened to WoW in the form of all but 1 million players left the game.... if only 2/3rds of them actually paid sub fees (the rest assumed to be doing the token thing) let's even based those numbers on the cheapest sub rate (the rate you get if you buy 6 months at a time I believe is about $12.99)...$12.99 x 600000 = $7.8 million per month. Sure a SEVERELY far cry from a billion a year...but it would still gross them over $90 million per year in just sub fees...(at the lowest possible sub fee rate) they would likely hit at or very close to the $10 million per month mark in reality because of game services (transfer character, race change, etc. etc.) fees, token purchases and in-game shop transactions.

Would $100-$120 million per year still be incentive enough for blizzard to keep wow chugging? Honestly I don't know....maybe? Maybe not...but my main point is even if you drop sub numbers SEVERELY low there's still millions to be made with WoW.

All that and really -- I'd rather them announce starting a new MMO at least two years AHEAD of any grim news like "Well folks next is expansion is likely going to be our last for WoW"