Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I got a 12, but I doubt that test even means much overall, especially going by this post-
    I got 30...

>.>

Never been to a doctor about it though.

#justintrovertedthings

Results of your
    Autism / Asperger's Screening Quiz
    You scored a total of 6

No cure needed for me!

Deleted
    It seems the world is starting to ressemble Aldoux Huxley's Brave New World

Quote Originally Posted by nofuku View Post

I'm curious what someone who says that kind of statement would score on this:

http://psychcentral.com/cgi-bin/autismquiz.cgi

Results of your
    Autism / Asperger's Screening Quiz

You scored a total of 24

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    And there are plenty of autistic people who would say there experiences in life with autism made them who they are, and what you are suggesting is to effectively find what made them who they are as a person, and genetically remove it.
    And there are plenty of Autistic people who don't want to deal with all the negatives being Autistic brings.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

gosh, another of those threads like "lets find a cure for cancer" all those things ive already been cured by the non medical school.

Question whatever you take for granted.

I went to a psychiatrist who told me I've got asbergers. Even though it was mostly anecdotal based on my antisocial behaviors/beliefs, not on the test scores. She also said I have ADD and told me go get some pills that didn't do shit. I still wonder what she was suffering from herself trying to convince me I'm different and how I'm supposed to be as a person.

I've never scored high on any of those autism/asbergers tests and my focus is 10x better than the average person at my work. So yeah, lol @ that "science".

Deleted

I'm curious what someone who says that kind of statement would score on this:

http://psychcentral.com/cgi-bin/autismquiz.cgi
    I scored 33
    Internet tests are bullshit though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    gosh, another of those threads like "lets find a cure for cancer" all those things ive already been cured by the non medical school.
    Come again?

You know there are vast differences between cancer (what ever type you're talking about) and autism, making an effective (global) treatment for either quite difficult at the moment, right?

And there are plenty of autistic people who would say there experiences in life with autism made them who they are, and what you are suggesting is to effectively find what made them who they are as a person, and genetically remove it.
    There's no way I could know one way or the other. On one hand I would've really liked having friends growing up, but on the other I can tell I'm really susceptible to peer pressure so their influence would've completely changed who I was as a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    LOL

This is a really good quiz http://psychcentral.com/cgi-bin/autismquiz.cgi

0-29 means no autism

30-33 means possible autism

34+ autism

i got 10
    i got bored of answering the questions about 1/3 way through that, does mean im autistic or normal?

Well, those people can keep their dysfunctions to themselves then. But others shouldn't have to suffer the malady just because these guys are crazy enough to not want to be fixed.

In any case, this OP is as much bullshit as most this guy's clickbaity headlines. You can't "cure" autism by messing with gut bacteria; their brains function differently, which as I read is caused in-utero, way before any gut bacteria (or vaccines, for that matter) come into play.

I'm sure fixing people's guts could help them with unrelated stuff that autists may be more exposed to, though.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

>Scored 38 on test
    > High-Function Autistic with OCD and ADHD

But here's a thing, Autism isn't the same as having cancer or even the flu. Curing a mental illness is vastly different than curing a physical illness. Those of us who are Autistic have had to learn to adapt and have adapted to our own difficulties and removing those would change us drastically.

I will agree to one thing though, DO NOT make the cure mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    >Scored 38 on test

But here's a thing, Autism isn't the same as having cancer or even the flu. Curing a mental illness is vastly different than curing a physical illness. Those of us who are Autistic have had to learn to adapt and have adapted to our own difficulties and removing those would change us drastically.

'do not make the cure mandatory' huh...

That sounds awfully snowflake-y.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    >Scored 38 on test

I would agree with this if you also agreed to give up any kind of welfare and programs that come with having autism.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Ewww. 10charas
    Yep.

"...the researchers suspected it might be from a change in their microbiomes. Mice eat each other's poop, and therefore share gut microbes."

the new microbes must come from somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I've been diagnosed with autism by my coworkers.

I do have many of the classic symptoms so they're probably right.

Scientists recently did a science experiment where they stimulated some regions of the brain with electricity restoring them to full function. The autistic patient experienced empathy for the first time. He said it was overwhelming.

I'm sure you can find it with google. They interviewed the patient on All Things Considered, NPR radio.
    Alot of us ARE empathic we just bury it because it is too much

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I got 30...

>.>

Never been to a doctor about it though.

#justintrovertedthings
    I'm introverted too, and socially awkward due to that.

So I'm surprised that I scored that low, but not surprised that it's under the autistic threshold by the quiz standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm introverted too, and socially awkward due to that.

So I'm surprised that I scored that low, but not surprised that it's under the autistic threshold by the quiz standards.
    You couldn't be a moderator if you were very autistic, at least not a very good moderator.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i got bored of answering the questions about 1/3 way through that, does mean im autistic or normal?
    If you don't answer at all you get a score of 0.

I got 16. *shrug* whatever that means guess I'm "normal"