Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    I want to get rid of our nukes......mainly because they are fucking stupid. We spend a fortune on nukes we will never ever use. I'd rather we spend that money on weapons we can use, like ships that can function in warm water....planes that can actually land on the ships we have....once we manage to build them...and equipping our army with gear thats not actually a threat to their lives.....
    Those nukes ensure that no matter how shit the rest of our military is no one will dare invade us since they will get a good old spanking, a single nuke on an enemy capital city means game over for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    To be fair he was talking about Corbyn so he is right, anyone that wants to get rid of our nukes and has friends in the IRA is certainly a security threat.
    Our nukes? What we really have is a number of Subs holding US nukes claiming they are our own. If we wanted to Launch we need Washington's permission or they will just turn off the Targeting system turning the missiles into expensive duds.

Deleted
    Those nukes ensure that no matter how shit the rest of our military is no one will dare invade us since they will get a good old spanking, a single nuke on an enemy capital city means game over for them.
    yeah, thats a really silly position to take. plus as only what? 6 countries have confirmed nukes, care to explain how the rest manage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Our nukes? What we really have is a number of Subs holding US nukes claiming they are our own. If we wanted to Launch we need Washington's permission or they will just turn off the Targeting system turning the missiles into expensive duds.
    Stop, this is complete bullshit that is making you look a fool.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, thats a really silly position to take. plus as only what? 6 countries have confirmed nukes, care to explain how the rest manage?
    We have a permanent seat on the security council because of them, that is a big deal. Plus, do you really want to submit to the French?

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus, do you really want to submit to the French?
    The Scots and French were long term allies, the Auld Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The Scots and French were long term allies, the Auld Alliance.
    Makes sense and explains the hippy town outside Faslane.

Deleted

. Plus, do you really want to submit to the French?
    lol whut? sorry, but I'm struggling to take you seriously because of this.

Deleted
    lol whut? sorry, but I'm struggling to take you seriously because of this.
    Well done, it is something called humour and you finally cracked it!

Stop, this is complete bullshit that is making you look a fool.

- - - Updated - - -

We have a permanent seat on the security council because of them, that is a big deal. Plus, do you really want to submit to the French?
    No our seat is there because we were one of the winners of WW2 no more no less.

As for the image. Yeah random image of 4chan isn't anything to help your cause.

Trident is built, maintained, refurbished and supplied within the US. More precisely at US Strategic Weapons facility at King’s Bay, Georgia.

Yes the Vanguards are built and maintained in our waters but the missiles are purely at the mercy of the US. We're told the PM has final say but that is at best a stretch in which we'd be on the same side as the US if it came to using the weapons. In the end major parts of the firing and targeting software are not accessible to British software engineers and can only be maintained through Washington. That alone makes it suspect that the UK Deterrent is independent.

At least it is a step up from Polaris which couldn't even target any part of the Americas. If the UK wants to have nukes they should be home built and reliant on no one. Not even your BFF because who knows when they want to upgrade, push up costs or no longer want to be friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    No our seat is there because we were one of the winners of WW2 no more no less.

As for the image. Yeah random image of 4chan isn't anything to help your cause.

Trident is built, maintained, refurbished and supplied within the US. More precisely at US Strategic Weapons facility at King’s Bay, Georgia.

Yes the Vanguards are built and maintained in our waters but the missiles are purely at the mercy of the US. We're told the PM has final say but that is at best a stretch in which we'd be on the same side as the US if it came to using the weapons. In the end major parts of the firing and targeting software are not accessible to British software engineers and can only be maintained through Washington. That alone makes it suspect that the UK Deterrent is independent.

At least it is a step up from Polaris which couldn't even target any part of the Americas. If the UK wants to have nukes they should be home built and reliant on no one. Not even your BFF because who knows when they want to upgrade, push up costs or no longer want to be friends.
    If you do not know who he is or what his credentials are then thats on you, he knows a lot more about nuclear warfare than either of us. Also, when did Skynet stop existing, are you claiming America controls that too?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Indeed, we know how to speak English*.

*Does not apply to Scotland or Newcastle.
    Yeah, but you can't speak American!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormlance View Post
    Hmm what would be the best way to sum it up. I suppose me admitting a level of ignorance on the topic in General I only know of the late MP through a few instances of him speaking but he struck me as the sort that failed his chief purpose and that was to serve his people first rather then those of other nations.

I am not a fan of the EU in general though and am looking at it from a biased point.
    I congratulate you on thoroughly embarrassing yourself in such an entertaining way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormlance View Post
    Hmm what would be the best way to sum it up. I suppose me admitting a level of ignorance on the topic in General I only know of the late MP through a few instances of him speaking but he struck me as the sort that failed his chief purpose and that was to serve his people first rather then those of other nations.

I am not a fan of the EU in general though and am looking at it from a biased point.
    Lol, who are you even talking about. Haha this is one of the most embarrassing posts I've seen >< That's saying a lot for mmo.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair he was talking about Corbyn so he is right, anyone that wants to get rid of our nukes and has friends in the IRA is certainly a security threat.
    I want to get rid of nukes too, but I don't have friends in the IRA, am i security threat still?

10+ Year Old Account
    Which country is going to make that naval landing?

Deleted
    Well done, it is something called humour and you finally cracked it!
    nice, thats ok then, I'll put this down as my accomplishment for today....

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I want to get rid of nukes too, but I don't have friends in the IRA, am i security threat still?
    Why would anyone want to get rid of nukes? Without nukes you're powerless against nations that do have them, the only security you get is their word that they wont be used against you.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Why would anyone want to get rid of nukes? Without nukes you're powerless against nations that do have them, the only security you get is their word that they wont be used against you.
    They're very, very expensive and we're never going to use them. I'm with the others who say ditch them and spend the money on kit we can and will use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They're very, very expensive and we're never going to use them. I'm with the others who say ditch them and spend the money on kit we can and will use.
    We might if they are used against us.

May as well keep some for a rainy day. No need to make more though I suppose.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They will probably never be used, but even if you don't physically use them, they act as a VERY good deterrent.

I would love for Canada to develop some nuclear weapons. We have the materials, technology, and personnel to do it, but instead we rely on the promise of countries like Russia and the US that they won't use them against us.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2016-06-20 at 06:10 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)