Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ITT: People who are upset that in a lore-heavy expansion Blizzard doesn't want to spoil the story.

I get the cynicism -- I do -- but to assume the tha'dranath replacement is "some grand lie" or something is...kind of hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    The negatitivity is more aggressive here, at least compared to my server. Though I am eternally thankful that neither this group or the trade chat trolls represent the majority of the player base. The majority don't visit forums, either ignore or have chat turned off, and hop on to have some fun with friends. They are not going to know enough details on lore to cry about it, they know enough about a rotation to kill stuff at a decent pace, and are overall far more bearable than the majority of the people who think they are elitists but aren't. Hell, had a dk join a Mythic through group finder about 3 months back. He gets in there and is doing about 125-130k DPS consistently compared to the 50-60k DPS my friends are doing. Guy joins in the next run with us and hops in vent. When I commented on how impressive he was, he responded " Nah, I just am really geared out. If y'all had the same gear, you would easily be doing the same." That is what represents the wow community for me. People who come in, kick ass, and are humble about their skill. But most of what I've seen from here has been negativity and a toxic form of elitism that kills communities

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I'm completely serious right now. People losing their shit over Sand Island being replaced are not intelligent enough to think for themselves. And anyone bitching about why didn't they tell us more about what they have planned? READ THE FUCKING 30+ PAGES HERE OVER A CIRCLE WITH A NAME BEING REMOVED
    I don't care about sand castle island.
    I stopped caring years ago.
    They have these grandiose ideas, they crank that hype train up. "BROOOOO ITS GONNA BE SO GOOD. YOU GUYS WILL LOVE WHAT WE HAVE INSTORE!"

What happens?
    "We were over ambitious, we said some shit, we didn't deliver. we craftily disguised it as planned content, pseudo lied. Please pre-order, buy our stuff so we can continue to pseudo promise hype train content but keep your money."

They aren't stupid, they know exactly how to make money.
    You aren't the least bit annoyed about their M.O for the last oh, start to mid WoTLK?
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    They have these grandiose ideas, they crank that hype train up. "BROOOOO ITS GONNA BE SO GOOD. YOU GUYS WILL LOVE WHAT WE HAVE INSTORE!"

What happens?
    "We were over ambitious, we said some shit, we didn't deliver. we craftily disguised it as planned content, pseudo lied. Please pre-order, buy our stuff so we can continue to pseudo promise hype train content but keep your money."

You aren't the least bit annoyed about their M.O for the last oh, start to mid WoTLK?
    You are right, fuck Blizzard. Fuck every game they make, I hate them. I hate them so much I want all their games to die! The entire company needs to fucking go away. Screw it, confine all Blizzard IP's to the trash bin of history. I can't stop until everyone hates this company as much as I do. Because no company in the history of the world has ever promised shit then not delivered. No company has ever had something not be a great success. It is time we all accept fact and destroy Blizzard and embrace the true future of gaming. Clash of Clans.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    You are right, fuck Blizzard. Fuck every game they make, I hate them. I hate them so much I want all their games to die! The entire company needs to fucking go away. Screw it, confine all Blizzard IP's to the trash bin of history. I can't stop until everyone hates this company as much as I do. Because no company in the history of the world has ever promised shit then not delivered. No company has ever had something not be a great success. It is time we all accept fact and destroy Blizzard and embrace the true future of gaming. Clash of Clans.
    What the fuck mate?

So it's cool, we as gamers suffer from greed?
    Remember when companies were gamers too?
    I was a Death's Demise.

You reached the highest peak of sarcasm. May our gods smile down upon you, for you soon will sit among them.

Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post
    Are these people blind and unable to see the part where they said they have a better idea then making another elf zone with demons?
    Legion expansion.
    We should be fighting demons.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Legion expansion.
    Because everyone wanted even more orcs in WoD.

What the fuck mate?

There are ways of going about to affect change. Reasonable ways, but this is the internet. THERE IS NO PLACE FOR REASON! Only the loudest most obnoxious angry hate filled irrational people are heard! DEATH TO OUR ENEMIES! DEATH TO THE NEUTRAL! DEATH TO OUR ALLIES! Only I know what is best for an international corporation! Only my opinion is right! Only I should be allowed to say what should be done all others must be silent and agree with me! Praise me! Love me! Tell me how right I am! For only I know what needs to be done! Only my idea of fun is allowed! Everything else is wrong and must be destroyed! If it does not conform to my ideas it will be ended!

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    And when they changed things plot holes appeared and stuff made no sense.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Legion expansion.
    Fighting the Legion does not necessarily mean literally fighting demons. Fighting Azshara in the War of the Ancients also meant fighting the Legion, for example. They could make a Troll themed patch where a tribe joins the forces of the Legion simply because the Legion is powerful. They could make new, deformed Trolls who drank from demon blood, for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Because a fourth zone with night elven ruins would be better, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Because a fourth zone with night elven ruins would be better, right?
    Yeah! More elves! /sarcasm off

7+ Year Old Account
    ROFL
    Great post!

But seriously, I can understand why people are VERY sceptical about Thal'Dranath being scrapped/replaced.
    After the experience of WoD how could we not be sceptical? Thal'Dranath looked rather huge on the map I saw so far, I don't buy it that it was "only" Nelf ruins. And surely, they must have had a plan how the story evolves over the expansion.

In WoD they also seemed to have an idea with Farahlon as well and at some point just cut cut cut as they were not able to deliver.
    Now again they cut something. They promise something "cooler" but right I have VERY little trust into such promises. And that this trust is heavily eroded is the doing of WoD.
    They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a change of heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearodh View Post
    ROFL
    Great post!

But seriously, I can understand why people are VERY sceptical about Thal'Dranath being scrapped/replaced.
    After the experience of WoD how could we not be sceptical? Thal'Dranath looked rather huge on the map I saw so far, I don't buy it that it was "only" Nelf ruins. And surely, they must have had a plan how the story evolves over the expansion.

In WoD they also seemed to have an idea with Farahlon as well and at some point just cut cut cut as they were not able to deliver.
    Now again they cut something. They promise something "cooler" but right I have VERY little trust into such promises. And that this trust is heavily eroded is the doing of WoD.
    Yet, it is very possible that they never moved from the starting concept of a "large island with night elven ruins". Look at Crystalsong Forest for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    They had a good reason and made a good point why. Pretty excited what their new idea is.
    Garrisons??

What happens?

No, no I'm not. If I was upset...., I would, wait for it..QUIT PLAYING THE FUCKING GAME!!!! Take a step away from the damn computer. So what if they get overambitious with their plans. So far they've screwed one expansion up, WOD, by trying to move to the 1 a year idea. They admit they screwed up, and have presented a plan going forward to prevent the same issue. But you..you can't let it go, you're that crazy ex still drawing hearts around the pictures talking about how they'll always love you. Move on already. I trust Blizzard and I, unlike you apparently, understand what words like "in development, Alpha, and Beta" mean. Hell, even after its released if something isn't working or meeting their design goals, I'm still okay with the scrapping or changing it. I pay to play the game they design, because I enjoy their games. I don't pay them to design games according to my specifications, because I couldn't begin to afford them

Damn it, Vilememory is right. I've been giving Blizzard too much slack. Come to think of it, I've been giving all major companies too much slack. I remember growing up, General Mills used to sell Ninja Turtle Cereal. They advertised it and everything. But I can't find it anywhere now. Those bastard scrapped Ninja Turtle Cereal. So Fuck General Mills too. And Pepsi, since they scrapped Crystal Clear Pepsi. Fuck Pepsi yo. And at the end of History of the World part 1, Mel brooks promised a part 2, with Jew in Space. But he scrapped that too. So Fuck Pepsi, General Mills, Mel Brooks, and anyone else who has ever discontinued or advertised something and it no longer available.

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck mate?

Please, tell us all more of your suffering....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fearodh View Post
    ROFL
    Great post!

But they pretty much covered what happened to Faralon. Plan was year expacs. We realize now we can't do that. This is the first expansion in the past 6-7 years where I've heard them straight up say " we are no longer going to attempt to push faster expansions" . That is HUGE in my opinion

There are ways of going about to affect change. Reasonable ways, but this is the internet. THERE IS NO PLACE FOR REASON! Only the loudest most obnoxious angry hate filled irrational people are heard! DEATH TO OUR ENEMIES! DEATH TO THE NEUTRAL! DEATH TO OUR ALLIES! Only I know what is best for an international corporation! Only my opinion is right! Only I should be allowed to say what should be done all others must be silent and agree with me! Praise me! Love me! Tell me how right I am! For only I know what needs to be done! Only my idea of fun is allowed! Everything else is wrong and must be destroyed! If it does not conform to my ideas it will be ended!
    That's how you perceive me?
    Have fun with that.
    What's your address? I'll gladly send you some expensive lubricant for how often you bend over and take it.

What's wrong with fighting for what you want, reasonably?
    I was a Death's Demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    Garrisons??
    Got really good feedback and responses in the WoD beta.