Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Federal law requires federally licensed firearms dealers (but not private sellers) to initiate a background check on the purchaser prior to sale of a firearm. Federal law provides states with the option of serving as a state “point of contact” and conducting their own background checks using state, as well as federal, records and databases, or having the checks performed by the FBI using only the federal National Instant Criminal Background Check System (“NICS”) database. (Note that state files are not always included in the federal database.)

Vermont is not a point of contact state for the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. Vermont has no law requiring firearms dealers to initiate background checks prior to transferring a firearm. As a result, in Vermont firearms dealers must initiate the background check required by federal law by contacting the FBI directly.1 Vermont also does not require private sellers (sellers who are not licensed dealers) to initiate a background check when transferring a firearm.
    Well, at least there's still that loophole.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Fuck yeah Murica!
    Dodging that question like a real pro.
    No I am pointing out your constant hyperbolic salty bullshit... Like thus ^

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why stop there imagine they sold nukes and biological weapons.
    Well, considering the only reason those things exist is to cause death, it's a valid comparison.
    Why would you be alright with a firearm and not with something like a grenade being sold?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Hyperbolic and strawmen heaped on one pile.
    Bravo.
    Keep on dancing baby.
    Give me a example of a difference of uses between a firearm and a grenade.
    Tho I guess you won't reply with anything ontopic.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-06-19 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Well, considering the only reason those things exist is to cause death, it's a valid comparison.
    Hyperbolic and strawmen heaped on one pile.

Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Jonathan Pie:
    You lost me at 'my niece is a fucking bitch.' That's really not a good stance to have if you hope to have your opinion taken seriously.

I just find it rather crazy the main reason why yall want to keep your guns is for the very unlikely scenario where the government turns into north koreas government, the main problem is that this hypothetical situation would likely be the end of the current economic world. largely the government already has you by the short an curleys, you have to pay tax, you have to have a social security number a bank account, you work, eat, sleep next to the government.

to me the idea that you may one day need your guns to defend against the military, how much of a chance do you think you'd actually have?, maybe your various militias will be alright for a while but the average citizen is gunna have more problems in this situation than needing to single handedly fight off platoons of marines.

for some reason I just cannot take this scenario seriously and think that equal footing in yet another civil war, this time not with muskets. is not going to end well for either side. it will likely just end. if that came to pass. there are far too many ppl in the US for the gov to randomly pull out a dictator or any other strong arm move to corral the entire nation.

to me as i said earlier so long as you can keep dreaming up hypothetical reasons to keep your guns, you'll never want to not have any guns. its really simple, you see a reason to have a gun, and you have a gun. the only way you stop having them at this point, is when you no longer have a reason to have one.

although back to the fact that guns have been around since inception you'd probably have more chance at trying to rid the US of blades of grass. you can't force ppl to go gunless, and so long as 1 person has a gun, another person wants one, just incase the first person misuses his, then the 3rd person wants one in case the first 2 misuse theirs and the 4th person needs one incase the first 3 misuse theirs, and this continues indefinitely.

[QUOTE=Mifuyne;40963800]Well, considering the only reason those things exist is to cause death, it's a valid comparison.
    Why would you be alright with a firearm and not with something like a grenade being sold?QUOTE]

Because 99% of the population has absolutely no clue how to deploy a grenade, or even in what scenario they would use it in. But more importantly properly deploying one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who does? I does, thats who. There is this huge hornets nest around on the back of the house high up in a corner. I've tried everything to kill them. People have given me the sugestion of trying to smoke them out but that would put a fire to close to my home. No options left except 1. Time to pull out the old machine gun and go 100% ape shit on there arse. That'll fix em.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    Because 99% of the population has absolutely no clue how to deploy a grenade, or even in what scenario they would use it in. But more importantly properly deploying one.
    So basically you don't mind if they would sell all kinds of weapons of destruction aslong as people don't know how to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I just find it rather crazy the main reason why yall want to keep your guns is for the very unlikely scenario where the government turns into north koreas government, the main problem is that this hypothetical situation would likely be the end of the current economic world. largely the government already has you by the short an curleys, you have to pay tax, you have to have a social security number a bank account, you work, eat, sleep next to the government.

to me the idea that you may one day need your guns to defend against the military, how much of a chance do you think you'd actually have?, maybe your various militias will be alright for a while but the average citizen is gunna have more problems in this situation than needing to single handedly fight off platoons of marines.

for some reason I just cannot take this scenario seriously and think that equal footing in yet another civil war, this time not with muskets. is not going to end well for either side. it will likely just end. if that came to pass. there are far too many ppl in the US for the gov to randomly pull out a dictator or any other strong arm move to corral the entire nation.

to me as i said earlier so long as you can keep dreaming up hypothetical reasons to keep your guns, you'll never want to not have any guns. its really simple, you see a reason to have a gun, and you have a gun. the only way you stop having them at this point, is when you no longer have a reason to have one.

although back to the fact that guns have been around since inception you'd probably have more chance at trying to rid the US of blades of grass. you can't force ppl to go gunless, and so long as 1 person has a gun, another person wants one, just incase the first person misuses his, then the 3rd person wants one in case the first 2 misuse theirs and the 4th person needs one incase the first 3 misuse theirs, and this continues indefinitely.
    That's odd, there are numerous reasons outside of the conspiracy theory weirdos to own a gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use our gun control thread to discuss this.