Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    ISIS is not Islam. They're as similar as the Westboro Baptist Church is Christian.
    ISIS are Muslim though and Islam in general does have a huge problem with homophobia, sadly it is not just confined to those in backwater shitholes either.

And whilst Westboro Baptist Church are hideous in their views, they are not comparable to ISIS - ISIS actually act out their hatred, Westboro just shout about it.

ISIS is not Islam. They're as similar as the Westboro Baptist Church is Christian.
    yes ISIS is Islam a wrapped twisted interpretation of Islam but Islam never the less and yes Westboro Baptist Church is Christianity a warped twisted interpretation of Christianity

and you denying them being Islam a wrapped twisted interpretation of Islam is just more PC bull shit the denial of reality so not to offend

denying them being Islam is ignoring their motive and if you don't understand their motive you will never defeat that warped twisted Islamic ideology
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2016-06-19 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    All that does is create conspiracy theories and make some people not trust the government. This administration is way to PC.
    They clearly stated what it was and why they removed it. Anyone making a conspiracy theory out of that is going to make them no matter what.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    ISIS are Muslim though and Islam in general does have a huge problem with homophobia, sadly it is not just confined to those in backwater shitholes either.

And whilst Westboro Baptist Church are hideous in their views, they are not comparable to ISIS - ISIS actually act out their hatred, Westboro just shout about it.
    Christianity has the same problem. Difference is Christianity is largely powerless in the West.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I think that's precisely why the Justice Dept isn't releasing the whole transcript. So people like you guys can go on pretending that there's no clash between Islamists and homosexuality. If we never hear the details, if we never know the lengths he went to to declare his support for ISIS, if we don't hear him recite the names of the suicide bombers that he feels solidarity with, if we never hear him go into detail about different groups like al-Nusra Front, then it's easy to just say, oh it wasn't terrorism, he was just crazy.
    This is proof that the public already knows this information, is it not? So why should it matter if the transcripts serve as another medium in which this guys fanaticism can be spread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Christianity has the same problem.
    Maybe where you are, but Christian attitudes to homosexuality are generally "Do not like it, but whatever" where I am from.

Difference is Christianity is largely powerless in the West.
    No it is not, it is largely unwilling to use its power, as it is firmly ingrained into our psyche what happens when you do so, e.g. the UK had huge sectarian issues in the past (and some recently) and part of the most revered document in the US is to make sure religions do not start persecuting other faiths and denominations.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    This is proof that the public already knows this information, is it not? So why should it matter if the transcripts serve as another medium in which this guys fanaticism can be spread.
    No.

Hearing the call would determine it for certain, and/or to what degree his statements/pledges were.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe where you are, but Christian attitudes to homosexuality are generally "Do not like it, but whatever" where I am from.

No it is not, it is largely unwilling to use its power, as it is firmly ingrained into our psyche what happens when you do so, e.g. the UK had huge sectarian issues in the past (and some recently) and part of the most revered document in the US is to make sure religions do not start persecuting other faiths and denominations.
    No Kalis, you don't understand.

A few white people paid a ton of black people to kill other black people.

So you see, they're totally on the same level. Fuck the Enlightenment or the progressive backing off christanity has done over the centuries.

Deleted
    I think their motivation for this is adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They clearly stated what it was and why they removed it. Anyone making a conspiracy theory out of that is going to make them no matter what.

- - - Updated - - -

Christianity has the same problem. Difference is Christianity is largely powerless in the West.
    powerless? they make up the vast majority of the western population they have the power they just elect not to abuse it by in large

10+ Year Old Account

We're starting to get way off topic at this point.

My point was that his motivation for the crime was his own internalized homophobia and by referencing ISIS in their statements they push the onus off of the shooter and onto the terrorist organization. That's why they're not doing it.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    not even going to touch this, anyone brave enough, be my guest.

I put equal amount of blame in his mental state as I do his religious upbringing thank you very much. but sorry for you my problems with Islams involvement in this doesn't include the wild assumption that ISIS is directly responsible for this.
    What if his religious beleifs caused his mental anguish?

Some evidence suggests he was closet gay. The coginitive dissonance probably fucked with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Itt, people who think not name dropping ISIS is about being PC and not about denying them publicity. The actor was as affiliated with ISIS as the blue wearing white boy you went to middle school with was a Crip.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    All that does is create conspiracy theories and make some people not trust the government. This administration is way to PC.
    There will be people determined to find conspiracy theories no matter what they do.
    Certainly there is a lot they could and should be more transparent about, but in this case I think they are doing the right thing.
    Even being transparent as to exactly what is being removed and why.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    My point was that his motivation for the crime was his own internalized homophobia and by referencing ISIS in their statements they push the onus off of the shooter and onto the terrorist organization. That's why they're not doing it.
    His internalised homophobia came from somewhere though and we know where it came from.

We can pretend not to know, but who would we actually be fooling? I can pretend to dislike the French, I regularly do, but my avatar and the woman on the right in my signature are kind of giving the game away.

We're starting to get way off topic at this point.

that is just speculation and assumptions dime store psychobabble as you ignore the facts
    fact his father was homophobic, fact is father was a Talban supporter, fact he cheered at school when the planes flew into the world trade center on 9/11, fact he was under FBI investigation twice for possible terrorist ties, fact he called 911 and pledge his allegiance to Isis and named off a few other Islamic terrorist giving his support during his Islamic terrorist attack
    but you rather ignore all those facts and claim that didn't have a dam thing to do with the attack and rather go with your speculations and assumptions dime store psychobabble because that fits your narrative your agenda not to offend PC bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post

Some evidence suggests he was closet gay. The coginitive dissonance probably fucked with him.
    oh I think it played a BIG part in it don't get me wrong. which is why I think it's a cop out in regards to "solving" the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    His internalised homophobia came from somewhere though and we know where it came from.

We can pretend not to know, but who would we actually be fooling? I can pretend to dislike the French, I regularly do, but my avatar and the woman on the right in my signature are kind of giving the game away.
    Where his homophobia came from shouldn't be the focus because that is something that needs to be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. The real focus should be on the following: the fact that he committed a terrible crime due to the failure of the system in allowing him to purchase those kind of weapons despite being on watch lists and his friends and family failing to dissuade him or alert the authorities. That is where it needs to be. The focus should be on him, not ISIS, and by referencing ISIS all we do is lead people to rage against Muslims instead of the real issues that enabled him to do what he did in the first place.

I'm rambling a bit, but I have to. It's vital that we don't start focusing on ISIS in this case. We need to draw attention to what he did and how he was able to, not throw all of the responsibility and blame onto ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Itt, people who think not name dropping ISIS is about being PC and not about denying them publicity. The actor was as affiliated with ISIS as the blue wearing white boy you went to middle school with was a Crip.

I don't really get this idea of the perpetrator having to have affiliated directly with ISIS beforehand, for them to have legitimate claim on some part of the responsiblity for this act. People do know that they have expressively called on sympathizers in western countries to commit acts like this, right? If an individual then does commit such an act, at least in part due to that fact, then ISIS would, quite obviously, also share some guilt. Anyone ought to be able to follow such simple logic, really. Not saying that this is the case here, necessarily, but it certainly very well could be - blaiming this act solely on the perpetrator's possible closeted sexuality, or similar, at this point, seems foolish and rash at best. Or, perhaps, letting ones wishes cloud ones judgment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    that is just speculation and assumptions dime store psychobabble as you ignore the facts
    fact his father was homophobic, fact is father was a Talban supporter, fact he cheered at school when the planes flew into the world trade center on 9/11, fact he was under FBI investigation twice for possible terrorist ties, fact he called 911 and pledge his allegiance to Isis and named off a few other Islamic terrorist giving his support during his Islamic terrorist attack
    but you rather ignore all those facts and claim that didn't have a dam thing to do with the attack and rather go with your speculations and assumptions dime store psychobabble because that fits your narrative your agenda not to offend PC bullshit
    The facts are that he visited Pulse. The facts are that he used gay dating apps. The facts are that he told his wife of his sexual issues and feelings towards men. The facts are that he showed signs of instability prior to the shooting, signs that were ignored. The facts are that the FBI had him on watch lists and he still was able to purchase weapons.

None of these things has fuck-all to do with ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post

and for him killing 49 gays was his way of atoning for his sin of being gay still doesn't take Islam off the hook still makes Islam part of the motive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I also need to point out that parents don't mean jack. From 3 to 11 I lived with my white supremacist uncle who made me watch Rush Limbaugh as a child and told me how all gays, blacks, mexicans and pretty much everything else would eventually bow to the superior white man.

Today I live with my black gay partner. Yeah, I really took his beliefs to heart.