Poll: Are you satisfied with the current iteration of Ret in the Legion beta?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    That's because minority is always the most vocal
    or maybe it's because Ret is fething awful and most of(espeically long-time Rets) people are fed up with being awful, mediocre, uncompetetive?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    or maybe it's because Ret is fething awful and most of(espeically long-time Rets) people are fed up with being awful, mediocre, uncompetetive?
    Longtime Ret here.

You don't speak for me. If I thought ret was awful I wouldn't be playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thontor View Post
    Longtime Ret here.

You don't speak for me. If I thought ret was awful I wouldn't be playing it.
    that is why I said "most", not "all".

Quote Originally Posted by Thontor View Post
    After an admittedly short time in the beta, i don't get what all the fuss is about. Ret is different, sure.. but it didn't take me long to get the hang of it and it feels no better or worse than before.
    I would agree with this sentiment. I tried it on the PTR and was mortified. After watching final boss' second pass I'm actually considering it. I totally misjudged a few talents and I think it looks solid with the artifact. Guess I'll just go with what the guild needs Boomkin v. Ret.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think everything could be eventually dealt with.. We adapted to worse things over the years. Except one thing.

Emancipate.

This is the FINISH HIM in 1vs1 situations / world PvP / unrated PvP / random BGs / skirmishes for Retribution in Legion.

It is terribad everywhere unless it's a 3vs3 Arena and you're obviously with a healer.

Outside Arenas it's gonna be like with Warriors today which are designed to be like that since Vanilla. But, in fact, Warriors will have a lot more mobility than Rets in Legion.

Will I ever catch a Hunter / Mage / Druid again? In 3 weeks or so this becomes impossible. Every caster able to kite will /laugh at lolret and eat us for breakfast from now on.

I am even seriously thinking about unsubbing first time in 4.5 years.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2016-06-19 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, If the blessings could be casted in combat too and if the mastery change is reverted to the old mastery maybe the pally will be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ashbringer will not do much to save us. Not at all. Ret is in a what I'd call Average/meh state.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Long time Ret here a PvP veteran, thats exactly how i feel =), i still play it because i enjoy self inflicted pain of being Ret lol =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4cetime View Post
    I would agree with this sentiment. I tried it on the PTR and was mortified. After watching final boss' second pass I'm actually considering it. I totally misjudged a few talents and I think it looks solid with the artifact. Guess I'll just go with what the guild needs Boomkin v. Ret.
    Its a pity the artifact is required for the spec to feel somewhat "decent". So many specs are really fun to play with even without an artifact , but when u have it , it just makes it so much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Ashbringer will not do much to save us. Not at all. Ret is in a what I'd call Average/meh state.
    Its better from what I saw with the artifact , but its still in a very dire state , especially with those damn greater blessings still being a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    'scuse me, got to go bang my head against the wall for a bit. GG Blizz on making the single-target talent less effective at single-target damage than the mixed target one...
    Yeah, Blizzard did a decent job at making the Execution Sentence look like the best talent on the row, but when you really look at it between the TV talent and the Artifact that Execution Sentence looks meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This is part of the problem. Most people think Ashbringer will fix any issues we have or change rotations up. The thing is, that it doesn't. Even maxed out it doesn't do much except increase some dps numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yeah, Blizzard did a decent job at making the Execution Sentence look like the best talent on the row, but when you really look at it between the TV talent and the Artifact that Execution Sentence looks meh.
    yeah one might think it's a good talent, that is, until you compare it to WoD iteration.

yeah one might think it's a good talent, that is, until you compare it to WoD iteration.
    Exactly. I saw it and initially chose it thinking it'd be as good as the WoD one. I think after about 20-30 minutes of using it I had to swap out of it. Was so disappointed (lack of damage as when I swapped to FV stuff started going down quicker plus it was a buff to AoE) and overall to me just felt cumbersome to try and juggle.

Exactly. I saw it and initially chose it thinking it'd be as good as the WoD one. I think after about 20-30 minutes of using it I had to swap out of it. Was so disappointed (lack of damage as when I swapped to FV stuff started going down quicker plus it was a buff to AoE) and overall to me just felt cumbersome to try and juggle.
    not to mention ExeSen lost it's secondary effect - being an wesome healing tool.

Now it's just a bland, ranged TV with a cooldown and combopoint cost.

not to mention ExeSen lost it's secondary effect - being an wesome healing tool.

Now it's just a bland, ranged TV with a cooldown and combopoint cost.
    I actually never understood the purpose behind making it a plain DPS ability, personally more than 50% of the time i use ES as a heal spell rather than a dps, unless i am doing 3s that is.

no

i logged, saw alliance and horde having the exact same mystical weapon i was told there was only 1 of and logged

100+ ashbringers running around just looks bad

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    no

i logged, saw alliance and horde having the exact same mystical weapon i was told there was only 1 of and logged

100+ ashbringers running around just looks bad
    Then transmog it to something else? Several probably will. Plus for all intents and purposes only 1 of the weapons exist in game. The ingame lore and such considering only you and everyone else doesn't exist. So there is still 1 Ashbringer, so that argument never really worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I actually never understood the purpose behind making it a plain DPS ability, personally more than 50% of the time i use ES as a heal spell rather than a dps, unless i am doing 3s that is.
    because #fantasy

Retribution Paladins felt too much like support-range fighters, and now they are more focused (read 100% fulltime) on melee damage and damage only.

Then transmog it to something else? Several probably will. Plus for all intents and purposes only 1 of the weapons exist in game. The ingame lore and such considering only you and everyone else doesn't exist. So there is still 1 Ashbringer, so that argument never really worked.
    so... did blizz pull a magical trevor and all i see on my screen are beans and not ashbringers?

then yes, only one

because #fantasy

Retribution Paladins felt too much like support-range fighters, and now they are more focused (read 100% fulltime) on melee damage and damage only.
    Feels more like it's a Vengeance spec to avenge Tirion's death (just in case people didn't know).

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    so... did blizz pull a magical trevor and all i see on my screen are beans and not ashbringers?

then yes, only one
    You are missing the whole point. The point is ingame there is only 1. Everyone you see with one is replica's and such. In reality we all know multiple exist. Also, are you really letting see multiple people with the same weapon just bother you now? It's been like this forever. Or did you really believe something was resurrected just so people can reget its loot and that mob carries multiple versions.

Feels more like it's a Vengeance spec to avengeTirion's death (just in case people didn't know)
    You are missing the whole point. The point is ingame there is only 1. Everyone you see with one is replica's and such. In reality we all know multiple exist. Also, are you really letting see multiple people with the same weapon just bother you now? It's been like this forever. Or did you really believe something was resurrected just so people can reget its loot and that mob carries multiple versions.
    yes, it just started bothering me now... until today, i didnt know people used the same gear...