Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    I remember since BC there has always been hype about world first Max level, bets on guilds that are going for world first raid... Etc...
    Hype on world first <New Class>, <New Race> etc...

I haven't see threads about what are you doing to preping for race to 110, which quests you will hold onto to turn in right at launch, etc...

Am I just blind?
    I don't know if you got the memo, but the golden years are long gone my friend. Just like the 80's are long gone (best decade for art and music). What we have now is, Legion or Flop. This is the LAST CALL. Will Blizzard stay afloat? inquiring minds just got to know

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If by 'lost several players' you mean they all left Method and made Serenity because they disagreed with decisions made by the guild leadership then yes they 'lost' players...
    I think the main point here in the context of the thread is that WF's are not going to be a thing as much as in the past, which is no surprise given what Blizz has consistently done to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    IJust like the 80's are long gone (best decade for art and music).
    Afraid I have to lol at that one. The 80's best for music? Yeah...generic, phony hair 'metal' bands everywhere (the WWF of rock) or...Duran Duran and Boy George? haha. But I guess that depends on the era one grew up in.

Go back a decade or more and and you're getting there.

Blizzard removed a lot of hardcore achievements and raid bosses now take a fraction of the time to down than they did before. Game is overall less hardcore than in the past, and that's not disputable. Maybe your average casual is hyped, but you'll never hear about it because they don't bother to tell more than their circle of friends, and don't play much anyway.

I bought an expansion (WoD) and instead of fixing their shit release I'm supposed to buy the new expansion and be excited about it?

"Hey, we realize WoD is shit and we'll fix it by making you pay more money" -- I'm not terribly confident in their capabilities at this point because they've routinely shown they lack the management to handle things anymore.

What, exactly, should I be excited about?

The lack of flying? Or how they feel compelled to "revamp" the classes for no damn reason? or perhaps their pettiness for talents/specs?

Why should I believe they won't fuck up again and expect me to pay for another expansion to "fix" it? That's a pretty fucked up business strategy they've committed themselves to.

In the past 6 months literally all my hours have been garrison gold farming and little more. I'm not paying for a monthly fee and if Legion doesn't supplement gold like WoD does then they can kiss my sub goodbye. Legion better be a-fucking-mazing or I'm outtie. I've got plenty of other games I enjoy.

I'm not interested in rewarding them with my money until they change their attitude and show me results. Until then, they can shove their hype up their ass.

I'm not hyped because I'm in the beta. Pvp is complete trash now, and the class prune has dumbed down many of the specs to the point that they make current Frost DKs look like rocket scientists. Numbers balance is garbage, and even if it wasn't the pvp isn't even mechanically fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    I'm not hyped because I'm in the beta. Pvp is complete trash now, and the class prune has dumbed down many of the specs to the point that they make current Frost DKs look like rocket scientists. Numbers balance is garbage, and even if it wasn't the pvp isn't even mechanically fun.
    How is Pvp trash? I never got in the beta but i'm a big PvPer.

I'm really excited about what I've seen so far but I was really excited about WoD too. It seems like far less content has gotten the axe so far, so that's encouraging.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Maybe people have finally learned to not race, all these people that race for world first this, world first that, then turn around and are the same one's complaining about nothing to do. How about take your time, read the quests, explore the world and just enjoy the overall game instead of trying to get to the end so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mornic View Post
    How is Pvp trash? I never got in the beta but i'm a big PvPer.
    Where to begin....

-Caster's defenses vs melees where nearly entirely pruned.... While Melee up time is actually buffed. Casters are food right now

-Even when allowed to cast, caster's don't actually hit hard enough to matter

-Single DPS classes can outdps most healers, making healing pretty terrible.

-Tank specs deal as much damage as DPS specs, and are more or less immortal vs anything less than 3 opponents.

-Some incredibly broken abilities still around... like Tank DH's being able to Self Dispell 14x per 31 seconds, with 2 of those being AoE/Mass Dispells... or alternatively being able to reflect 100% of all melee damage between 40-80% of the time they are in combat.

-Death from Above is stacking so many modifiers right now that it can basically drop 75% of your hp in one shot.... leading Rogues strong enough to kill you in their opening cheapshot.

-Assassination Rogues can rupture tick you for 200k..... and can greatly increase the speed of their dot ticks.... but really can't do anything in combat other than damage.

-Havoc DH in PvP essentially plays the exact same way as a Havoc DH plays vs a PvE target dummy.... All of your self healing is incidental to your normal DPS rotation, and your defensive powers suck.

-There are terrain exploits that DHs can use on the CTF maps.... I'm refraining from posting them publicly now, in hopes that Blizz actually patches them before live, but if they go live... well I'll be forced to teach people how to do it so it becomes a big enough issue to actually fix

-We (PvP) where the only segment of the game excluded from the dev interviews 2 weeks ago....

-We we purposely told to NOT ask PvP questions during the new Thursday Dev roundtable discussions

-Demos are 1 shotting people in SotA

-Rogues can exploit-stealth cap bases in BGs.... and it's incredibly easy to do, even accidentally.

-Gladiators and Mythic raiders will have an inherent power advantage over people beneath them in rating, making it even more difficult for people on the lower end to improve rating

-Nothing has been done to address rating deflation

-If anything deflation will get considerably worse, with the new Prestige system incentivizing people to leave the rated system for casual PvP.

-DoTs are currently preventing eating via keeping people locked in combat.

-Havoc Demon Hunters are a lightly armored highly agile melee class, who's pvp combat style involves them running into the middle of a fight and PvEing..... because their mobility in PvP combat is actually terrible via no ability to counter snares and because the entirety of their self healing is Leech effects that require melee damage, and that self healing is 90% of their entire defensive kit.

Seriously though, take a gander at the Legion Beta PvP Forums.... This is shaping to be the single worst expansion in history, from a pvp perspective right now.... and the most we've gotten in entirety of the Beta thus far is a small sampling of fixes, that while needed, are still barely a drop in the proverbial bucket compared to what needs to be done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    Where to begin....

-Caster's defenses vs melees where nearly entirely pruned.... While Melee up time is actually buffed. Casters are food right now

-Even when allowed to cast, caster's don't actually hit hard enough to matter

-Single DPS classes can outdps most healers, making healing pretty terrible.

-Tank specs deal as much damage as DPS specs, and are more or less immortal vs anything less than 3 opponents.

-Some incredibly broken abilities still around... like Tank DH's being able to Self Dispell 14x per 31 seconds, with 2 of those being AoE/Mass Dispells... or alternatively being able to reflect 100% of all melee damage between 40-80% of the time they are in combat.

-Death from Above is stacking so many modifiers right now that it can basically drop 75% of your hp in one shot.... leading Rogues strong enough to kill you in their opening cheapshot.

-Assassination Rogues can rupture tick you for 200k..... and can greatly increase the speed of their dot ticks.... but really can't do anything in combat other than damage.

-Havoc DH in PvP essentially plays the exact same way as a Havoc DH plays vs a PvE target dummy.... All of your self healing is incidental to your normal DPS rotation, and your defensive powers suck.

-There are terrain exploits that DHs can use on the CTF maps.... I'm refraining from posting them publicly now, in hopes that Blizz actually patches them before live, but if they go live... well I'll be forced to teach people how to do it so it becomes a big enough issue to actually fix

-We (PvP) where the only segment of the game excluded from the dev interviews 2 weeks ago....

-We we purposely told to NOT ask PvP questions during the new Thursday Dev roundtable discussions

-Demos are 1 shotting people in SotA

-Rogues can exploit-stealth cap bases in BGs.... and it's incredibly easy to do, even accidentally.

-Gladiators and Mythic raiders will have an inherent power advantage over people beneath them in rating, making it even more difficult for people on the lower end to improve rating

-Nothing has been done to address rating deflation

-If anything deflation will get considerably worse, with the new Prestige system incentivizing people to leave the rated system for casual PvP.

-DoTs are currently preventing eating via keeping people locked in combat.

-Havoc Demon Hunters are a lightly armored highly agile melee class, who's pvp combat style involves them running into the middle of a fight and PvEing..... because their mobility in PvP combat is actually terrible via no ability to counter snares and because the entirety of their self healing is Leech effects that require melee damage, and that self healing is 90% of their entire defensive kit.

Seriously though, take a gander at the Legion Beta PvP Forums.... This is shaping to be the single worst expansion in history, from a pvp perspective right now.... and the most we've gotten in entirety of the Beta thus far is a small sampling of fixes, that while needed, are still barely a drop in the proverbial bucket compared to what needs to be done.
    Sounds like someone thought DH would be utterly broken and I am glad to see they are not in fact monks were no either good on Blizzard on this part ofc I dont think they should be utter dog shit aka I do hope they are getting fixes. Also you wana talk mobility? go look at ret paladins I dont think anyone beats them in terms of lacking mobility urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    Sounds like someone thought DH would be utterly broken and I am glad to see they are not in fact monks were no either good on Blizzard on this part ofc I dont think they should be utter dog shit aka I do hope they are getting fixes. Also you wana talk mobility? go look at ret paladins I dont think anyone beats them in terms of lacking mobility urgh.
    I'm not sure what in the world led you to that assumption... no one wants to play a broken anything.... and no one wants yet another season of broken specs running around...

Havoc is trash with less survivability than toilet paper at taco bell, and despite being a light armor heavily mobile class, it only functions when it stands in front of the guys in plate trading shots, because it needs to be in melee range for your self healing, and you don't actually have the mobility to kite a damn thing, if there's ever a snare on you. The game play is hilariously simplistic, since most of what you do is completely irrelevant to the situation around you.... and makes even live Frost DK's look like brain surgeons, because at least Frost DKs have to have enough mental capacity to figure out when they want to press Death Strike instead of Obliterate/Howling Blast. Their damage has been nerfed significantly in the past couple of builds as well, from Overpowered to underpowered.... and the game play was/is still horrible both times.

Vengeance, like most tanks, ARE overpowered, and need nerfs.... and specifically at some of the talents I mentioned in the post you quoted. I will give Vengeance a compliment and say that it somewhat ironically feels like the LEAST pruned spec in the entire game right now, and basically the only thing I've played that actually uses more keys/bindings than some of my toons on live... The tools can be a bit unwieldy, but at least there's some depth there to work with and they can be mechanically fun, because there are actually tools in the box..... As compared to my rogue on Beta, for example which is also overpowered, but ends up feeling mechanically terrible to play.

As for Rets, I've avoided testing them personally, but they are still basically being entirely out shined by Protadins (even after the nerfs)... I won't go into their issues, since I haven't played them myself, but I can confirm that there are many threads pretty unhappy with that spec as well.

The largest saving grace for all the specs I mentioned in this post, is that "at least they aren't casters" because casters are seriously that terrible right now.

Blizzard killed their own game.
    Dead game?
    Zero hype.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

there is not muhc hype because of stupid decision made by blizzard - no flying for first year of expansion is already a deal breaker for huge chunk of community , retarded decisions concerning spec/talent swaping (like realy all they had to do is write "we unlocking 3rd spec for free !" and playerbase would be overhyped just like about wardrobe instead that they released shitsotorm ) add to it extreme grinds dominated by rng (titanforged says hello) , no supplement gear like vp gear that would negate bad rng like in past , they gutted out already tel dranash which is basickly karabor & farahlon 2.0 situation , game is heading towards more and more rng with stupid warforged tertiary random sockets etc - people just have enough of it nobody asked for rng elements like it so people just say fuck it there is plenty other games to play .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-06-20 at 06:53 AM.

Deleted
    died about 5 months ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    I remember since BC there has always been hype about world first Max level, bets on guilds that are going for world first raid... Etc...
    Hype on world first <New Class>, <New Race> etc...

I haven't see threads about what are you doing to preping for race to 110, which quests you will hold onto to turn in right at launch, etc...

Am I just blind?
    I think the hype was like 2 expansions ago. No one gives a shit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I dare say that you might never quit - Look how angry you are and yet you stayed the last 6 months in your garrison instead of quitting. You call their business strategy fucked up and I still see hints that you will at least buy the box and sub a few months to try the x-pac out.
    So long as it's "free" to me. Certainly, I'll buy the box and give them a shot but considering I haven't raided this expansion and barely PvP'ed and my sub has lapsed several times (never happened in any other expansion) -- I'm pretty sure WoW is dying to me.

Their business strategy stopped making money from me until tokens came out. If Legion doesn't pull in gold like WoD does then yeah, I'd say they are going to fail and their business strategy of making people pay expansions when they "give up" on an expansion isn't going to last further than November for me.

WoW is dying and that's not practically debatable anymore. I get it that you want to defend a game you love, I really do -- but I've seen these death throes before and the people who go into denial. I've seen forums and communities survive through a lot -- but everyone would certainly call it "dead". UO will never die. EQ2 will never die. I've heard it all before. Certainly if this were Wrath and subs were in still climbing no one could deny they are healthier than ever but since Cata they've been on a decline. You are aware they stopped reporting sub count, right? That's how bad things are.

Once you lose critical mass -- it's over and *very* difficult to climb back if you don't react and they certainly aren't reacting well. Sure people will come back for Legion but the question is: Will they stay?

Remember -- they doubled their resources and start losing millions of subscriptions (Remember they had, at their peak, over 12 million subs and their last reported sub count was 5.5 million before they said they are stopping -- that's some serious loss right there that I don't see them climbing back to in Legion). That's not a healthy place to be in -- certainly even you can admit this.

Shrug -- it's whatever. My point still stands and you made no effort to refute it: The hype train died out before Legion was available for pre-order.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the summer. There's so much going on right now that doesn't involve WoW.

Realm and world first achievements don't exist anymore, so nobody really cares much for the unofficial achievements either.

As someone who personally loved them and tried for them in Cataclysm and MoP (only got Cata, sadly) I say good riddance though. They were often won by abusing some kind of mechanic that was too efficient, instead of by players who actually level in the world fastest. I lost MoP for example because an entire group of raiders decided to monkey farm the hell out of Stormstout Brewery all the way to about 88 and then steamrolled ahead of everyone trying to deal with quests on a laggy server. The first five 90s were all from the same guild and all by an extremely comfortable margin.

And in truth, why should racing through content that only exists for story be rewarded? It serves to prove nothing other than sheer, raw efficiency and while it is tough to do I'd say it is for all the wrong reasons. You basically have to get into beta, have to scrap the idea of reading any quests, and have to just generally neglect all bodily needs for however long the grind happens to be for that expansion.

That being said, if you mean for the expansion overall? Ehh...I kinda think it's two things. One being that people are still a bit jaded over WoD and no longer have it in their mind that Blizzard never disappoints (As much as many hated it, Cataclysm was still a huge amount of work to make) so they're waiting to play it to see. I can almost guarantee that Legion will be at least as explosive as WoD was, and have a solid retention rate for at least a month or two following its release of replayability on beta is any indication.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-06-20 at 07:44 PM.

If it makes you feel better, I'm hype AF. Like, I think about Legion literally every day, multiple times a day, even when I'm not playing wow. I also plan to do a 16+ hour marathon the first night! I'm not sleeping until I'm 110 and I've completed all the initial quests in Suramar plus started the work order for my first Artifact scroll thingy.

Also go Serenity! Slooty baby is gonna carry so fucking hard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I also plan to do a 16+ hour marathon the first night!
    Dirty casual