Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Gladiator mounts should remain exclusive to players that earned them during the season. Otherwise their value decreases quickly like the Tier 3 armor sets.

I could see Vicious mounts going on the Black Market Auction House, but even then I would voice against it.
    No it wouldn't. Tier 3 did have value back in the day, though. It increased your stats and helped you perform your role better as you progressed through Naxx. After that, it was just another set of armor that looked good to some and ugly as sin to others. My set of Frostfire pieces didn't decrease in value when they started appearing on the BMAH. So why should I care if someone that started playing the game in MoP likes the look of the set and buys it off the AH for transmog? Good for them if that's what makes them happy.

As for mounts, their only "value" is in whether or not you think they look cool. So you were a Brutal Gladiator once? Cool, no one gives a fuck. So you think your Brutal Armored Netherdrake is impressive? Nah, the only good looking one was the Merciless one. Should you be impressed with my Furious Frostwyrm? Of course not. I personally think the Wrath PVP mounts are inferior to the armored ones, but if someone else wanted to fly on the PVP versions without having done PVP once in their life that's fine by me. Doing well in S6 meant something in S6. It doesn't mean shit now.

I hate the idea of retiring items, mounts, and titles. The achievements are there to remind yourself of what you've done. The rest should remain available one way or another for anyone that wants them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    No it wouldn't.
    After that, it was just another set of armor that looked good to some and ugly as sin to others.
    Value as in, "Oh man, he/she ran Naxxramas back in Classic and has the complete armor set! That is cool!" Same idea with the Mists of Pandaria Challenge Mode sets that are also unavailable.

If Blizzard adds these items to the Black Market Auction House list, it devalues the achievement of the players that actually EARNED the set before it became unavailable and destroys their unique value.

"How did you get that set?"
    "I bought it with tons and tons and tons of gold."
    "Uh... Why?"
    "Because it was a special set back in the day."
    "But you just bought it with gold?"
    "Yeah."
    "Does not seem so special anymore..."
    Last edited by RedGamer030; 2016-06-20 at 05:04 AM.

Value as in, "Oh man, he/she ran Naxxramas back in Classic and has the complete armor set! That is cool!" Same idea with the Mists of Pandaria Challenge Mode sets that are also unavailable.
    Why should anyone care what I raided in 2006? No one should be impressed with how much time and/or effort I put into my video games. And there's certainly nothing to be proud about when it comes to which year I started playing. Either I had fun playing, or I didn't*. Any sense of accomplishment was tied to the event itself. Not to how other players think of me.

How did you get that set?"
    "I bought it with tons and tons and tons of gold."
    "Uh... Why?"
    "Because it was a special set back in the day."
    "But you just bought it with gold?"
    "Yeah."
    "Does not seem so special anymore..."
    No one gives a shit about "back in the day". I'm sure you'll find the most common reaction to that sort of question would be "because I like the way it looks".

*I didn't, by the way. I left my IRL friends for a progression guild filled with assholes just so I could raid BWL, AQ40, and Naxx.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2016-06-20 at 05:27 AM.

Deleted
    PVP takes little skill, it's all rng based numbers. You either crit or you don't. PVP mounts should be available for everyone. 2000 honor = 1 mount just like the original PVP mounts.

We don't even have pet battle mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    PVP takes no skill, it's all rng based number. You either crit or you don't. PVP mounts should be available for everyone. 2000 honor = 1 mount just like the original PVP mounts.

lol

care to show your gladiator chars with proof of ownership?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    lol

care to show your gladiator chars with proof of ownership?
    Did the BGs back in Vanilla and unlocked some nice Feast of Strenght titles.

For me real PVP means Pet Battle PVP. More skill involved and I like skill based game modes.

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-06-21 at 12:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I don't think so, I KNOW so. And the FACT remains that a raid today is far more complex both in boss mechanics and personal performance than anything before.

I'd say that the players of Method have more devotion and time than most of us will ever have for the game, and they STILL wiped 900 times in HFC Mythic despite preparation down to every last detail. If those people don't cheese a raid, YOU don't either. Raiding requires knowledge of your class, mechanics, execution, and doing so with 29-19 other people. And before you bring the old trope of "PVP is ever changing", it's not. A good PVPer knows his class AND the others, and all classes have a finite amount of spells and combos they can bring out. It's on the PVPer to know how to counter and tackle them and when.

I'd love to hear of the top PVP team that ever needed 400 tries to win ONE battle.

And I know about account merging, that doesn't mean it's even close to what the BMAH having all removed items on it would entail. I didn't call you clueless about that either, I called you clueless when it comes to the increase to difficulty in raiding since you don't know the difference between logistics and mechanical difficulty.

I don't think people quite understand WHY nax took so long to beat...

1. It was brand new to everyone so yeah... no guides and little addons to help you with fights. You had to learn them well you bought.
    2. Super fucking buggy for the first few weeks of each boss
    3. The player number. You required 40-60 different chars All set up for every fight. For example you needed 8 banks with a specific set of gear so their taunts would never miss for the horsemen.
    4. Everything took forever. Meaning in one raid night you got maybe one wing. Even on farm
    5. The amount of stuff... to go into nax... was fucking stupid...
    Consumables. Frost. Fire.shadow. nature. And arcane resist sets. As well as a ton of different their sets. Reagents for spells. All of this cost tons of time. Gold. And farming...
    6. People sucked at the game compared to today. Look at nostalirus for example. Bosses that took months to down. Event down in days on nost
    7. Some bosses we're just broken. Cthun for example...a simulation was done pre nerf and a group in his with perfect100% movements and execution. No error. Super computer level precision... still would not even get close to killing him...
    8. The places we're fucking huge. And had massive quest chains to get to them. Also gearing took forever. Meaning bosses we're littatly impossible no matter how perfect you did. Just because they would 1 shot tanks. Or you didn't have enough dps.

Run molten core. And remember (2 peices of gear... per boss... 40 man raid... and one type of loot is completely useless per faction) welcome to vanilla

Vanilla raiding wasn't "super mlg so much harder" it was time consuming. And "hard" to get a group with everything you needed. And "hard" to afford all the consumables. And "hard" to do the long ass Rep grinds

Also kelthuzad died super quick after the horsemen before him you can look up "longest time a boss went before being beat" there is a forum post on the wow forums. Slightly out of date since start of wod I think but still

Kelthuzad... tied for number 26... 5 days...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2794651519
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-06-20 at 07:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Did the BGs back in Vanilla and unlocked some nice Feast of Strenght titles.

For me real PVP means Pet Battle PVP. More skill involved and I like skill based game modes.
    Clown

/10chars
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, a whole lot else is on there. Besides, its pvp, who cares what they think
    Wrath baby and proud of it

No one gives a shit about "back in the day".
    Have you even seen the legacy server debate?

PVP takes little skill, it's all rng based numbers. You either crit or you don't. PVP mounts should be available for everyone. 2000 honor = 1 mount just like the original PVP mounts.

That isn't true I would compare 2.3k rating to full clearing mythic. 2.6k as being in a top 100 guild.

It is hard to draw exact parallels but it isn't some skill less rng fest at the higher levels.

As much as I liked the old armored netherdrakes from TBC arena seasons, to have them up on the BMAH would be sad beyond belief.

Now the vicious mounts from RBGs and/or arena? Sure, whatever. All they take is a time commitment at this point. Having them sold for a pile of gold wouldn't bother me. Any sort of gladiator mounts, though, should remain strictly as rewards for having been decent and/or played the right FOTM at pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don´t like the idea. They are awarded for the best pvp players and it should still remain in that way not for the people who can afford to pay for them years later.

Maybe if WoW wasn't such a joke anymore I'd care about exclusivity

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    I am not sure if you are on US or EU servers, but on US servers, you could buy those mounts for RL cash by having a pilot carry you to glad in most seasons. I don't see the difference between that and someone paying millions of gold for the mount.

I personally think the BMAH needs more variety, but PVP mounts aren't really the answer. I'd rather see regional pets go on the BMAH.
    The difference is that having someone else playing your account to glad is not something that's allowed.

Have you even seen the legacy server debate?
    It's a completely different thing. One is about nostalgia, the other is about assigning arbitrary value.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    The difference is that having someone else playing your account to glad is not something that's allowed.
    True. But I would bet there are a lot of people that buy gold for RL money. That isn't allowed either.

I am myself almost at 300 mounts and have decided they are just something to collect when I am not doing content...I don't use them. I use 3 mounts all the time.

The PVP titles and achievements are worth way more than the mounts, so if someone who has millions of gold, or wants to spend RL cash buying gold to get the mounts, is that really a problem? I bet the mounts would go for the new gold cap on most servers.

On my server, a rare mount hasnt popped in over a month, so I just don't see how it is something for Glads to be upset about.

It's a completely different thing. One is about nostalgia, the other is about assigning arbitrary value.
    People are "assigning arbitrary value" to Classic World of Warcraft.

People are "assigning arbitrary value" to Classic World of Warcraft.
    Do you not understand the difference between suggesting that a particular item/mount/title has value that fluctuates based on how many people have it and whether or not you prefer a certain patch/expansion?

yes.
    its fair.
    if there are removed PvE mounts then retired PvP mounts should be on there too.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor