Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    How is the difference between wildhammers and bronzebeards not the same as the difference between high elves and blood elves?
    Anyone with eyes should know the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Ogres actually deserve to be added.

Just like High Elves were back in 2007.

Tell me Dirgamech...if Ogres were added to the Alliance but they were called Sun Ogres instead...and except for faction and name they were exactly the same as you would imagine your Ogres to be, would you say they were a different race and keep on waiting for your 'traditional' Ogres?

I am just genuinely curious.
    I'll jump at any opporturnity to play and ogre, at this point i do not give a damn what backwards ass logic they gotta do to put it in whatever faction, as long as they are Ogres. "traditional" or not, as long as they look similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're missing the point. Wildhammer dwarves are the same race as bronzebeard dwarves. Doesn't mean wildhammers are playable.
    Wildhammer and other dwarves have what...centuries of separate evolution, whereas BE/HE have had what...10-20 years? Which even then was cut short by the fact they went back to light after Sunwell and gave up demon magic which was the only difference. Honestly it would be better to just say the real Blood Elves lived and died under Kael'thas but unfortunately it's too late to just change all the current blood elves back.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Playable blood elves and green orcs is not the same as playable high elves and brown orcs. No amount of shitty logic changes that.
    color of eyes or skin do not equal a different race in either of those cases, and in the Helves case, difference in culture. Your entire argument is awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Elves are a highly polarized and small society lorewise.

You will have an extremely hard time finding orcs, trolls, tauren and goblins that serve the Alliance and you will have an extremely hard time finding humans, gnomes, dwarves, draenei and worgen serving the Horde. However, you will easily find high elves that are politically alligned with the Alliance.

No post in this thread can deny this. I don't know why people go back and forth about it with the same people in this thread, trying to prove that the grass is green. If someone doesn't want to accept the fact that there are a lot of high elves alligned with the Alliance and that there is no other race in either faction that is polarized faction-wise to the extent the high elves are, then there is no point rediscussing it all over again. This is crystal clear from the lore.

Blizzard has a strong foundation in the lore to easily add high elves to the Alliance, but they will not do it due to faction balance and because of the fact that blood elves have the most players on the Horde side. It is easy to see why they will not do it, otherwise a vast majority of Horde players will switch to the Alliance.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-06-20 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    color of eyes or skin do not equal a different race in either of those cases, and in the Helves case, difference in culture. Your entire argument is awful.
    I never said they are a different race. I never argued they are a different race. I said there is a difference between being a high elf and being a blood elf. Your reading comprehension is awful.

Naga's are a thing that will just happen, Blizzard has teased being able to play one since Warcraft 3, and there's been several missions where you temporarily are one within Ingame, Nelves Hating Naga realy doesnt have much weight anylonger when they just let the Highborne back into the alliance in Cata with open arms with zero care, and Nelves ingeneral harbor about as much hatred for them as they do naga, most nelves also arent every familar with Naga's in of itself, outside of Maiev's (mostly dead) band of Watchers, Naga's are also the BY FAR most likely running canidate, given their massive ammount of lore.

Ogre seems a likely canidate given history of the Horde, being the only origination race asides Forest-Trolls that arent in the Horde still, lorewise easily justifiable with the Stonemaul Clan allied with the Horde, they've got the past lore to back them up, and their racial-origination was unveiled with WoD and covered rather extensively as a PRE-Dumbless society.

Murloc/Mur'gul, seeing as some Tribes of them seem to have grown more intelligent over the year and that they're a fan-favorite, does give them some oppertunities likely.

I dont think Ethereals will be a thing, they're too flashy visualy compared to the other races and mostly lack lore to back them up, even compared to other TBC races such as the Arrakoa.
    Last edited by Filipse; 2016-06-20 at 04:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Elves are a highly polarized and small society lorewise.

You will have an extremely hard time finding orcs, trolls, tauren and goblins that serve the Alliance and you will have an extremely hard time finding humans, gnomes, dwarves, draenei and worgen serving the Horde. However, you will easily find high elves that are politically alligned with the Alliance.

No post in this thread can deny this. I don't know why people go back and forth about it with the same people in this thread, trying to prove that the grass is green. If someone doesn't want to accept the fact that there are a lot of high elves alligned with the Alliance and that there is no other race in either faction that is polarized faction-wise to the extent the high elves are, then there is no point rediscussing it all over again. This is crystal clear from the lore.

Blizzard has a strong foundation in the lore to easily add high elves to the Alliance, but they will not do it due to faction balance and because of the fact that blood elves have the most players on the Horde side. It is easy to see why they will not do it, otherwise a vast majority of Horde players will switch to the Alliance.
    This entire reasoning has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that playable High Elves in the Alliance isn't going to be a thing for the very simple fact that their carbon-copies are a playable Horde race by roughly 10 years. And is not like High Elves are a new thing, they had some sort of presence from the very times Blood Elves became Horde, usually aligned with the Alliance.

The ship has just sailed by a decade. I don't understand why it's so hard to accept.

I never said they are a different race. I never argued they are a different race. I said there is a difference between being a high elf and being a blood elf.
    Which is more or less (actually less) the same difference between Stormwind and Syndicate humans. We're gonna count the fact that you can't play a Syndicate human too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Besides ogre, something i really wanna play is a Mogu Mage, would love the shit out of that

Deleted
    I want more furry races. It feels like Blizzard is discriminating against us furries. At least make some armor to look like fursuits. I don't want a fox mount I want to be the fox. Maybe they should make a new fox race. I would play it so much (and do other things too).

I'm interested to see what happens with the Naga. I'd love to see them as a playable race, but they've been nothing but villains for so long it'll feel a bit jarring for me.

Ogres feel like a given for the Horde, but I find it hard to imagine how relevant they could be to a new expansion. Naga fit nicely into an Azshara-themed story (if that's the next xpac), but I don't know where Ogres would fit.

Arakkoa is one I'd love, but I think the ship has sailed with WoD. Ogres and Arakkoa would've been great, IMO, as WoD races. I can't imagine another reason to visit Draenor.

Of course, there may be a brand-new race, as well. Though with how many races exist in Warcraft that aren't yet playable, this seems unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    As some people on here may know, I'd like Alliance High Elves or perhaps at least them as a sub-race of Belves...I'd like Arakkoa for a new race

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said they are a different race. I never argued they are a different race. I said there is a difference between being a high elf and being a blood elf. Your reading comprehension is awful.
    Not a big enough difference to ever make blue eyed helves a special race for the alliance. This debate is what 10 fucking years old now? It's over.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The ship has just sailed by a decade. I don't understand why it's so hard to accept.
    I don't understand why you think that I'm having a hard time to accept it. I've just written down why Blizzard will never introduce high elves as a playable race for the Alliance, nothing else. Having blood elves on the Alliance side after all this time wouldn't be a good move for the game regardless of the lore sense.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-06-20 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    I'm not sure why sub-races are a big deal. brown orcs, different Orc Clans, Dwarf Clans,etc are just different colors of the current races.

meaning they're REALLY easy to implement. unless they are to be coupled with their own separate storyline/zones. I'm not sure why they aren't implemented already. it's silly playing as a Dwarf mage while historically its the Dark Irons who dabble in arcane magic in addition of fel magic.
    This actually drives me insane. Blizzard is like, "No, we want to make make subraces super special so just wait another 10 years!" and I'm like "Just increase the index of skin color selection. The skins are already there FFS..."

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Can't argue with that. To me that's a clear signal if Ogres are added they will more likely than not join the Horde. Didn't even know that quote existed...I knew Ogres were discussed back in the day but I didn't know there was a faction preference.
    How in the hell can you interpret that quote to mean that the ogres would not join the Horde? He, literally (and I hate using this term), just stated that he "really wanted to get ogres on the Horde."

- - - Updated - - -

It's good to see that Friendly is still trolling away on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    and that is the day I will leave wow and never look back. Could make murlocs a pet race though, design your own murloc companion, customize it, select it's dietary requirments, make sure to check gluten free, but don't tick vegan, it won't appreciate it.
    Why you gotta hate, man =/

WoW is built on the principles of unlikely heroes, why couldn't a tribe of Murlocs decide that they need to help keep the world in balance? I know that most of the discussion now has turned into people bickering over Brown Orcs or High Elves, but I think a Murloc hero would be fun, and c'mon, this is a game. Things are supposed to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    I remember back in vanilla people expected High Elves to become the next Alliance player race due to the High Elves in Quel'Danil lodge being part of the Alliance. It's probably one of the reasons, together with Gimli & Legolas from the LotR movies, why people still expect/desire playable Alliance High Elves.

Blizzard has also never done anything to reduce/remove the High Elve presence from the Alliance or reconcile the Blood and High Elves. On the contrary, they have gotten more development over time:

• TBC: More Alliance High Elves added and unique High Elven buildings in the Allerian Stronghold
    • WotLK: The Silver Covenant High Elves added with the original High Elven racial mount (unicorn), Tabard and reputation
    • Cataclysm: The Silver Covenant join forces with the Dark Spear trolls to fight the Amani trolls.
    • MoP: The Silver Covenant plays a key role in the Alliance quest line, including the Purge of the Blood Elves
    • Legion: Silver Covenant rangers join the Hunter class hall and their leader Vereesa Windrunner is a key NPC in the Marksmanship Hunter Artifact quest.

I don't think we have any other non-player race which has such a prominent place in the Horde or Alliance so I don't think the demand for Alliance playable High Elves will ever stop unless Blizzard comes up with a good alternative (e.g. more elvish customization options for humans which allow people to RP half-elves or human skin-tones for Night-Elves).

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it's time for Blizzard to try and fix the racial imbalance within the Horde. I would hope that people choose to play Horde for reasons other than the Blood Elf model.
    People expect playable Quel'dorei on the Alliance, because they were a part of the Alliance prior to the World of Warcraft, and they're still a part of the Alliance in the World of Warcraft. How hard is it to understand? Blizzard screwed-up by not making them neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    People expect playable Quel'dorei on the Alliance, because they were a part of the Alliance prior to the World of Warcraft, and they're still a part of the Alliance in the World of Warcraft. How hard is it to understand? Blizzard screwed-up by not making them neutral.
    They left the alliance back warcraft three. Anyone who expected blood elves to be neutral after garithos wasn't paying attention.
    Holy shit lol

15+ Year Old Account
    The only meaningful argument against high elves is blood elf popularity.
    Yet, with human racial - one of the biggest culprits for alliance PvP playerbase - getting "fixed", more players will return to horde, and all that's necessary to make high elves successfully implemented is giving the horde a highly requested race as well - ogres would be a good candidate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    They left the alliance back warcraft three. Anyone who expected blood elves to be neutral after garithos wasn't paying attention.
    And they can join again.
    Warcraft Lore isn't static, like some fossil that Blizzard merely excavates.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-06-20 at 01:22 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?