Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    Oh hey look another smartass who doesnt understand shit... guess what happens if every single person on this planet does well in School and shit
    And there are people like me, who went away from the game for years, and just recently came back, and decided to try out their worth on a token. I had enough gold built up to try one, and now I'm seeing how hard it might be to build up another one.

Honestly, though, I don't think you should talk shit to other people...doing well, in school, is not exactly hard. Thinking about one's self is apparently very hard though, and not many people are philosophy majors.

So my best guess is that you only did the best thing that made you money, and spent the rest of your days making fun of people who didn't. Who didn't care for that.

Being honest...is difficult.

I know you consider yourself smarter than most people...but it's here that you must test that.

Keep trying, man.
    Last edited by Tidezen; 2016-06-20 at 06:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    "I'd spend longer in-game making that 45k than I would buying a token" yes, that makes you lazy. That is literally the definition of lazy.

la·zy
    ˈlāzē/Submit
    adjective
    unwilling to work or use energy.
    So, because someone chooses a more efficient route, they're lazy? Just because they take less time to do something doesn't make them lazy, in fact, in terms of working that makes them the exact opposite. Doing more in less time is called efficient. If I spent eight hours doing something I could have done in two, I'd get fired for being lazy.

Not to mention, in this particular example, I'd enjoy my hour and a half at work a lot more than 8 hours farming gold through the AH or other various methods. I guess I'm lazy for having fun while being efficient though.

Deleted
    When they launch the 7.0 patch with the robe collection will be the moment to sell gear and buy tokens because there will be a lot of people wanting to complete their collections from the AH and prices of gear will peak up. So gold will be more valuable so the token will go down.

I was holding out for 50k before buying a few to stockpile more Legion gold. Not that my toons are broke; I've got more gold than I've ever had (still far less than many of you). But I figured the price would peak right around launch then drop as there was more actual upgrades to spend gold on.

Price on my server got to 48k or so last week, but dropped to 44k over the weekend. Still watching to see if that's a weekly trend and what will happen over the next month.

- - - Updated - - -

Do people just enjoy arguing and insulting and drama so much that they go around looking for excuses? We’re talking about a game here people! Something we supposedly do for fun. Why do we have to fight about it?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    wish I could buy more but blizzard wont let me... Said I hit a cap...
    The good news is, 15 tokens will last you 3 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's entirely possible that the recently hype caused a spike in sales, and now they're starting to settle.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Its going to hit 25-30k before Legion drops. Its purely supply and demand. Americans are fat and lazy and will pay money for very little gold because...well fat and lazy. Supply from casuals will overwhelm due to micro transaction disease that many people suffer from and we will get 25k tokens again. Where Ill buy 2 years worth and not give a shit until the next expansion.

Infracted
    Or maybe Americans time is just more valuable to them because they work more hours and take less vacations than other countries.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...days-year.html

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post

Do people just enjoy arguing and insulting and drama so much that they go around looking for excuses? We’re talking about a game here people! Something we supposedly do for fun. Why do we have to fight about it?
    Agreed. No one here has a hard enough life that they should be moved to anger. Or maybe they do, and they use the game to vent out the anger that's in their head, but it's from a totally different place. It really is just a game, no matter how important it seemed at the time.

I'd be ok with it if the price kept dropping. I'm planning to fire my account back up fairly soon. Would be nice to do it with a token.

Although I think I only had like...30k gold left when I unsubscribed. So it's gonna have to drop a lot for me to reactivate with a token instead of money.

Working isn't the same as not being lazy. Lazy is a state of existence, not a state of action. IE being forced to do something versus choosing to do something.

We can say this also applies to tokens as people will choose to pay because they're forced to work and therefor can skip over working more by farming gold. Thus the microtransaction disease.
    Firstly, they already did the work for the money right? Secondly, your generalizations are in rather poor taste. I have yet to buy a WoW token, but I certainly would because I have other, far more important things to be doing than farming gold. This is a fair compromise. I make good money and I will spend a bit of my weekly entertainment fund to get gold should I want for gold. I'll then play my 1-2 hours not just farming gold. After which I will spend time doing other things that need to be done or I want to do more. Like mow my yard, walk my dog or go out with my fiance.

Certainly there are people who have more money than work ethic but generally I find those two ideas to be at odds with each other and those kind of people to be far and few between. It has nothing to do with laziness. It's more about what people think is worth expending effort. Most don't find their video game hobby a place where they want to put in "work" and honestly, I can't blame them. Time is finite and I spend so much of it working, that I would rather just play the game in a way that is actually fun than grinding gold.

It sounds more like you feel the need to validate the amount of time and effort you put into the game, which I would ask the question, why? You do you. Let them do them.
    Last edited by Hexxidecimal; 2016-06-20 at 02:38 PM.

lol, by the title, i thought the price of weed was finally dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Or maybe Americans time is just more valuable to them because they work more hours and take less vacations than other countries.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...days-year.html
    I've had a total of 4 weeks off of work over the last 5 years. Can confirm.

Eu price was @ 91k+ around 13.00 today.

you are a nasty person

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like the title says atm token price is slowly dropping. It is now 43.8k.

Really hope it gets much lower.
    Token price seems to go up as subs drop. It stands to reason that tokens will be cheaper in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like the title says atm token price is slowly dropping. It is now 43.8k.

Really hope it gets much lower.
    It will continually go lower, but when the pre-patch get released/announced expect it to skyrocket.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    It will continually go lower, but when the pre-patch get released/announced expect it to skyrocket.
    That would be backwards of how it works. The guy that controls the price is the guy that gets the real money. When people don't buy enough tokens, Blizz raises how much gold you get for buying one, to create incentive to buy more of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    That would be backwards of how it works. The guy that controls the price is the guy that gets the real money. When people don't buy enough tokens, Blizz raises how much gold you get for buying one, to create an incentive to buy more of them.
    I'm not sure I entirely grasp what you're trying to say.

Token price depends on the buyer-vendor ratio. With every content release, there's a burst in demand - subsequently, the token price in gold skyrocket. When the price skyrocket, there's obviously more people buying tokens with real-life money, at which point the token price will drop significantly - but that won't happen on day one. It will stabilize itself, although I expect it to come back slightly higher than right now because of Legion and the constant stream of players that come back between pre-patch and expansion.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I'm not sure I entirely grasp what you're trying to say.

Token price depends on the buyer-vendor ratio. With every content release, there's a burst in demand - subsequently, the token price in gold skyrocket. When the price skyrocket, there's obviously more people buying tokens with real-life money, at which point the token price will drop significantly - but that won't happen on day one. It will stabilize itself, although I expect it to come back slightly higher than right now because of Legion and the constant stream of players that come back between pre-patch and expansion.
    It's as simple as Blizz adjusts the price to ensure they are always being sold. They want to maximize how many sell as well though. If more people play, then more people buy tokens. But if they raise the gold requirement too high, less players will buy them with gold, which means less players can buy them with cash. Therefore, you can assume that if subs go back up to early WoD levels (~10m), then tokens should go down in price.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    That would be backwards of how it works. The guy that controls the price is the guy that gets the real money. When people don't buy enough tokens, Blizz raises how much gold you get for buying one, to create incentive to buy more of them.
    Incorrect. Price adjusts automatically... the longer a token sits without being bought... the lower the price drops until they move at a reasonable rate. More are being bought than sold. When the gold you get for buying one is so low that people aren't willing to pay $20 for it... the supply stops increasing and the demand catches up.. raising the price once again.

I've been buying them one per month until they get down to less than 28k. Have 3.1 mill stocked up from Garrison alts, and should hit 4mill before prepatch nerfs it. Maybe more. Will buy tokens for about 3-4 months of game play then stockpile cap number of tokens. I don't think I will be playing legion more than 2-3 months before cancelling and waiting til flying patch is released.