Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Blizzard's position:

"You wanted content? Here it is. Grind 1000, then 10,000, then 100,000 of... John, what's it called? ...right, artifact power."

True visionaries.
    Your position:

"grind 10, then 11, then 12, then... I'm done! What now? moar content blizz omg wow is to ez!!"

True hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Your position:

"grind 10, then 11, then 12, then... I'm done! What now? moar content blizz omg wow is to ez!!"

True hypocrite.
    No, my position is this: "grind 1000, then grind that 1000 doing something else, then do some other piece of new content", etc.

This game has a sub *and* a box price. Just reminding you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No, my position is this: "grind 1000, then grind that 1000 doing something else, then do some other piece of new content", etc.

This game has a sub *and* a box price. Just reminding you.
    And why dont you add unicorns? and dragons and... you know more aliens to top if off.

They are offering a way to increase power doing anything you like in the game, instead of you, from what I read, simply want quest lines that give ap? This is already going to be done.
    You get ap from:
    -Dungeons
    -Quest story line in suramar and reputation
    -World Quest
    -Treasures
    -Class Hall
    -Pet Battles
    -Faction Cache's
    -Leveling Quest lines.

7.1, which will come in PTR as Legion launches, will add new content with a new dungeon, new story lines, new world quests that will also give artifact power.

This covers the sub and box price. Just reminding you.

you can do mythic shit just fine without artifact traits. Its a bonus not a requirement

I do agree it will be a pain grinding AP on alts but I think it might not be as bad once those catch up mechanics start kicking in. I'd imagine starting your char on Day 1 will be drastically different than 6months - 1 year in. Ion mentioned there is a server wide buff that increase the amount of AP gained, plus our research, which I might be wrong here actually doubles, triples etc. the more you research. The time it takes to complete a research work order is less and less too.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2016-06-20 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    If anything it would be a great improvement to abolish the design of garrisons. "Log in, Log out, Log in, Log out". No, play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    At the same time though, wouldn't it be lame if we were all done with leveling our artifact before the first raid even opens? I didn't play that much in beta, especially since the cost change. But it seems to me like you can be easily done with the first golden trait in matters 2-3 days of grinding world quests. Second trait will probably unlocked in the first month. I dont know how much ap we will get in raids or how much they will give once you have your garris--order hall at max, but I can't see our artifact to take more than a few months. We are in for at least 2 years of legion.
    Absolutely not. The incentive to raid/dungeon is to get better and better relics to increase iLevel. Not grind AP.

This would be like grinding justice/valor points.. BUT... every time you bought an item, the next item increases in price by 2-3 times BUT the item itself doesn't offer any greater increase than the last item you purchase at 1/3 the cost. It's not a motivational factor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Your position:

True hypocrite.
    13 isn't content... it's just 12 done 3 X... 14 isn't content it's just 12 done 20 times... 15 isn't content, it's 12 done 100 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Misleading thread. MMO-Champ, on the frontpage, added that items rewarding Artifact Power were exponentially boosted.
    1 item not all items
    and these items are rare
    so basically nothing was changed except for the requirement
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    1 item not all items
    and these items are rare
    so basically nothing was changed except for the requirement
    No, actually it was stated that all items received a boost and used one as an example.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    I do agree it will be a pain grinding AP on alts but I think it might not be as bad once those catch up mechanics start kicking in. I'd imagine starting your char on Day 1 will be drastically different than 6months - 1 year in. Ion mentioned there is a server wide buff that increase the amount of AP gained, plus our research, which I might be wrong here actually doubles, triples etc. the more you research. The time it takes to complete a research work order is less and less too.
    You have to unlock the AP increase on each character. While he SAID they were reducing time for the research to complete each research order... all that means is you can simply WAIT until later to start because it "pays off better".

Again... all these things they do to slow progression only make it more advantageous to NOT play til later. i.e. cancel sub after a couple moths and wait.. come back after 5-6 months then rinse and repeat. This isn't good for an MMO.. because many will not come back after their hiatus.

At best I will level my alts to 110... then bail on them until they reduce the research time to a day. That is not alt friendly.

i welcome a world with little alts
    in vanilla it was VERY hard to have alts, it required a lot of time and dedication, mmo RPG should be about your character... not 10 thousand across servers trying to get worldboss mounts or garrison gold

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    No, actually it was stated that all items received a boost and used one as an example.
    No, you are incorrect. Items from treasures, rares and quests are NOT boosted... because they don';t want to have people skip that content until they have the boost researched.

Only the Endgame content is boosted... world quests, OH MIssions, dungeons and raid drops, perhaps random mob drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    No, you are incorrect. Items from treasures, rares and quests are NOT boosted... because they don';t want to have people skip that content until they have the boost researched.

Only the Endgame content is boosted... world quests, OH MIssions, dungeons and raid drops, perhaps random mob drops.
    This is what I meant. Sorry if it wasn't clear.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    i welcome a world with little alts
    in vanilla it was VERY hard to have alts, it required a lot of time and dedication, mmo RPG should be about your character... not 10 thousand across servers trying to get worldboss mounts or garrison gold
    Then you welcome an empty world. Alts are the ONLY viable mechanism for content replayability. ANd the even MORE RNG based loot system is going to kill replayability of endgame content. (Except LFR where people can AFK a chance at Mythic level loot.)

I was hoping to have a couple alts but currently I have 3 artifacts to keep up. Enhance for ms, resto for when we need a healer and fast queues, and elemental in case it becomes really good (I can dream can't I?). Theres no way I'll be able to max all 3 for my main and maintain at least 2 artifacts for an alt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. The incentive to raid/dungeon is to get better and better relics to increase iLevel. Not grind AP.

This would be like grinding justice/valor points.. BUT... every time you bought an item, the next item increases in price by 2-3 times BUT the item itself doesn't offer any greater increase than the last item you purchase at 1/3 the cost. It's not a motivational factor.

- - - Updated - - -

13 isn't content... it's just 12 done 3 X... 14 isn't content it's just 12 done 20 times... 15 isn't content, it's 12 done 100 times.
    Because grinding and gating are ways to keep you ocupied. They can't create enough content at the speed players consume it. It's an impossible reality.

Killing any boss in any raid 10-30 times isn't content, but many people do it constantly since WoW's birth.
    Doing the same dailies for months isnt new content, yet people have done it since Burning Crusade.
    Clearing dungeons dozens of times isn't new content, yet people have done it since Vanilla.

Grinding valor is ultimately the same thing. You are going to keep grinding dungeons for ap the same way you did for valor.
    AP is something as a bonus on the content you do. You can acquire them from anything you do. And gaining the last 15 points doesn't put you on a huge advantage.

Also, at the rate they are going to increase AP gains over the course of the first raid tier, while numerically it might seem daunting but adding the relative costs of AP after each increase gain, they won't feel any different.
    I'm sure this is, in fact, a deterrent for people that play too many hours in this game. The artifact itself is not gated, but you need to play excessive amounts of hours if you want to be ahead of the relative AP increase curve.

Grinding is a part of every aspect in life, so it's normal that it's also part of a game. If you want things to last you need things that take a long time to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    And then there is a very short way to the rest. With 15 points, you will be able to get the major spots and the rest is just empowerments to abilities. Also, there are initial lvl 110 quests, which does not include you into the whole mission system, so you can proberly get the last traits with just quests.
    I don't know if you've played beta and are actively trying to spread misinformation or if you were misled and honestly don't care, but no it is not a short way to the rest. 16-20 costs about 5 times what 1-15 does. To claim it'll take a very short time is either dishonest or delusional.

The initial 110 quests do nothing for your AP so no you definitely won't get the last traits with just quests. (Technically you will. In a few months. After grinding WQ till your eyes bleed for AP.)

EDIT: Alternatively you can grind 30k resources on your alt (which is fairly easy, it just takes time), wait a few months just logging to put more orders for research once every 4 days and in the end 20 will be very doable with the massive boost from research you'll have. This is in no way fast though.
    Last edited by Goshko; 2016-06-20 at 04:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So alts wont be as strong as ur MAIN, since when does ur alts have to be as strong as ur MAIN?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    So alts wont be as strong as ur MAIN, since when does ur alts have to be as strong as ur MAIN?
    Your offspec won't be as powerful as your main... your alts may not even be leveled.

Your offspec won't be as powerful as your main... your alts may not even be leveled.
    That will be mostly true for me. Thanks to Garrison gold I've leveled 26 toons to soak up that free love. With that removed, I'll be back to playing around 3 toons