Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I believe people are forgeting what is the MMORPG description and believeing they are playing a MOBA or FPS shooter for competitive purposes (ok for rated arenas).
    RPGS are based on progression, rewards, adventures, social. Not street fighter fight stage model, select your character and it comes "done" for you.

For the PVE players saying it is cool cuz they will now try PVP its fine, because if i didnt have to get alot PVE gear for raiding i would also try to learn mechanics and kill bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    You don't get it, gear does not become meaningless in PvP. You ilvl in instanced PvP still scales based on your ilvl outside of PvP.

That little stat boost has been proven to be a lot bigger than blizzard suggests. There are dozens of threads about this on the official forums.
    You realise Beta isn't final yes? Number tweaking is a thing there... What i wrote before is how it's supposed to work (the way they explained it at first). And now on a BETA the numbers are wrong and everyone freaks out?

I'm sorry but as long as you can't give me official feedback it stays that way i have no reason to believe it will.
    Last edited by Allenschezar; 2016-06-20 at 06:02 PM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Don't hurt yourself, now.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Don't hurt yourself, now.
    I think its because you erroneously said that gear matters less in legion. I made the same mistake.

I could carry a dps to full conquest gear in an evening on my priest which would put them on even footing with everyone else. In legion solid pve gear will give you an edge.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think its because you erroneously said that gear matters less in legion. I made the same mistake.

I could carry a dps to full conquest gear in an evening on my priest which would put them on even footing with everyone else. In legion solid pve gear will give you an edge.
    How so, then? Also, this is Beta. It also doesn't sway the notion of skill > gear.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

How so, then? Also, this is Beta. It also doesn't sway the notion of skill > gear.
    It does compared to live. In live its only a matter of time till you are bis pvp gear making gear more meaningless as a season progresses. In legion gear will be even more important and really dependent on your pve progression. Skill may mater more than gear but relative to live it will be a lesser extent because you will have access to a gear advantage.

Oh and I probably will pvp a lot more in legion to chase titles since I will have a gear advantage.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2016-06-20 at 06:29 PM.

Deleted
    I just hope there will be room for skill after all the pruning.. if they keep this up the next expansion will be launched for consoles too..

I mean, I really enjoyed gw2 pvp (which had a similiar system) But in gw2 it was rather fast paced and you'd feel like you were pwning stuff left and right. Wow pvp has not been that fast paced in recent years...

then again, I havent done any pvp stuff on the beta yet, so I'm just thinking aloud here.. ill be sure to check it out soon and get back to y'all

Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    . Also you'll lose any sense that the gear you're working for is doing anything
    You're doing PvP for the gear? Is this a new form of irony?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

7+ Year Old Account
    It does compared to live. In live its only a matter of time till you are bis pvp gear making gear more meaningless as a season progresses. In legion gear will be even more important and really dependent on your pve progression. Skill may mater more than gear but relative to live it will be a lesser extent because you will have access to a gear advantage.

Oh and I probably will pvp a lot more in legion to chase titles since I will have a gear advantage.
    This doesn't concern the topic at hand, however. All you did was agree with me, but added stipulations and danced around a baseless conception on the matter. Skill is still the relevant aspect of PvP and does matter more than gear in Legion, even in the Beta, especially when compared to current Live.
    ~~ ~~

This doesn't concern the topic at hand, however. All you did was agree with me, but added stipulations and danced around a baseless conception on the matter. Skill is still the relevant aspect of PvP and does matter more than gear in Legion, even in the Beta, especially when compared to current Live.
    No I'm saying gear will matter more in legion than live. Whomever has the most gear will have the advantage. You are dancing around the topic at hand by just saying Skill>gear but in legion gear will play a larger role than in live.

Whats the difference between honor and conquest gear currently? 10 ilvls? Thats roughly 10%. They are saying gear will make about a 10% difference. This makes gear even more important as it won't be available to everyone like conquest is today.

7+ Year Old Account
    No I'm saying gear will matter more in legion than live. Whomever has the most gear will have the advantage. You are dancing around the topic at hand by just saying Skill>gear but in legion gear will play a larger role than in live.
    Do you have proof of this claim, or are you just nothing but hot air by this point?

Whats the difference between honor and conquest gear currently? 10 ilvls? Thats roughly 10%. They are saying gear will make about a 10% difference. This makes gear even more important as it won't be available to everyone like conquest is today.
    From what I recall fro the interview you have it opposite. Unless you have proof of this statement as well?
    ~~ ~~

PvP has always been, and will always be an afterthought in WoW. Legion does little to change this fact.

Do you have proof of this claim, or are you just nothing but hot air by this point?
    From what I recall fro the interview you have it opposite. Unless you have proof of this statement as well?
    The only contribution your gear will make to your overall power is through a small modifier based on your average item level. For every point that your average item level increases, your pre-determined PvP stats will increase by 0.1%. That means a 25 item level difference between two players only results in a 2.5% difference in stats, compared to the 25% difference it makes today. There’s still a little incentive to improve your gear – a concept we think is important for World of Warcraft – but the benefits are much less pronounced.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...iew-12-16-2015

A bit dated but there is a clear advantage to having gear. Currently on live nearly everyone is in full 710 pvp gear when I do 3s so no one has a gear advantage.

This means that someone with item level 900 gear is only 10% stronger than someone with item level 800 gear.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/201...-pvp-5-23-2016

Mythic tier is 905, this doesn't take into account warforged and titan forged. I'm unsure whether it will ramp up as you progress through the raids like it does with HFC.

So we are going from no advantage and everyone in conquest gear to I would say around 5% assuming the average person is 850 ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Frankly I'm going to be more inclined to PvP now with the new Prestige type system. Especially if the rewards for prestiging stay really cool.
    In the same boat

I do PVP for the prestige, and i didnt see this prestige system being incredible cool, tell me how this prestige system return your effort?

7+ Year Old Account
    Pvp should be about "bring the player and his/her skill", not "bring the gear". All gear in pvp should be just for style, basically what they do with the arena tournament realm where you get your gear for free.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Pvp should be about "bring the player and his/her skill", not "bring the gear". All gear in pvp should be just for style, basically what they do with the arena tournament realm where you get your gear for free.
    You are wrong. This is MMORPG not FPS our Street Fighter. About skill would be exclusive the case on COMPETITIVE play. RATED ARENAS/BGS ok for 100% = characaters.

Or you believe a man who trained alot for a fight have the same body, mind preparation as a guy who drink soda everyday?
    and i'm not asking about gear + gear > all. I'm just asking for effort worth anything, today is meanless do PVP for 100 days or 1 day on your character.

Lets see how things goes.
    Last edited by artline; 2016-06-20 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by artline View Post
    Hello, i'm the only one that feels that the PVP feeling from legion will be empty?
    Since i can work very hard to get a good gear for my character, play hours for days and my friend who just get until level 110 will have almost the same power as me?
    It's the opposite : as pvp gear doesn't matter that much anymore, there will be more options to look different.
    Power is not a passive stat anymore, but a skillcap, and that's what real power should be.

Quote Originally Posted by artline View Post
    How empty has become the part of being a bit different in the game?
    - Your items dont matter.
    - Your Talents dont matter (since i can change then anytime i want how much i want for free).
    - Your Specialization dont matter (since i can change it also anytime).
    - Your items will matter for your stats of choice, once again giving more choice with pve gear being relevant again. (trinkets, defensive stats, offensive, etc)
    - Your talents will matter since you can't swap during the battle
    - Your specialization will matter as each one is a whole new role/gameplay.

I mean, I understand how you feel more comfortable with absolute gear superiority, but that's not what you should care about if you're searching for interesting fights rather than unquestionable stat advantages. If you ask me, emphasizing the latter over the former is what makes a game dull in no time. Once you get the top gear, what's left to do ?

i loved it in GW2 i could hop on any character at any levels and be on par with the rest of them.. this is how PvP should be. cosmetics was good enough for rewards there and i'm sure it would be here to if they chose to go that way.

I'm much more likely to jump into PVP now knowing that I won't have to overcome some ridiculous gear gap just to compete.
    Beta Club Brosquad