Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Havik View Post
    They eat other spiders and are harmless to humans.

Seems like you WILL be able to sleep tight, knowing they are murder-killing the crap out of all the other creepy-crawlies.
    Since people are afraid of spiders because they can harm humans, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I don't live in Britain.

But I don't even wanna be on the same planet as spiders. WTB trip to Mars.
    A rogue afraid of spiders? LOL

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Well I did say 'most'. Recluse spiders can fuck right off and go back to the hell that spawned them for all I care, nothing that small needs that much poison.
    I am glad winters get cold enough that those kinds of spiders don't survive in Canada. Fuck anything that can poison you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I am glad winters get cold enough that those kinds of spiders don't survive in Canada. Fuck anything that can poison you.
    Amen to this.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Unless you live in the middle of a marsh, I don't think you have to worry about these.
    This is not the kind of spider you usually find under your bed.

I keep my work boots in my garage. Every morning I have a habit of stomping on my boots to make sure that nothing bites me when I put my foot inside. I am terrified of spiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    My sister feels this way about wolf spiders. She had them living in her home in Texas and refused to kill them, saying they'd take care of the other, more venomous spiders. However, I was terrified to sleep the entire time I visited her house. You'd see their shadows scurrying around on the floors at night. They were also more prone to go in the bathroom, where I'm at my most vulnerable on the toliet in the middle of the night.

Ugh, so terrifying.
    I.. Don't even.. What the hell is wrong with her?!

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I'm all for this conservation. They will help out with other pests in the long run.
    I grew up in school being taught that this is how I'm supposed to think about it, but I've never actually encountered an argument in favor of this.

More species have died out and gone extinct than we'll ever know. I don't really see what makes some animals immune to what just seems to be a long lived law of nature. Whenever one hole is created, something else fills the spot.

I'll say for myself, I don't really care about most animals, and I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over fewer spiders in the world.
    Horseshit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I made her 90 lbs Labrador sleep on this twin sized bed with me at night. I was hoping, if one of them fuckers did mange to come on the bed, she'd see it and eat it.
    That's no way to live. Seriously, some horror movie level shit..

Deleted
    Ship em over to Australia?

10+ Year Old Account
    They're here.
    They've come.

"The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Hide your children, hide your wife. The spiders are back in town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine living in a world without spiders. There would be bugs everywhere...

You should be thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sci Fi Samurai View Post
    I grew up in school being taught that this is how I'm supposed to think about it, but I've never actually encountered an argument in favor of this.

More species have died out and gone extinct than we'll ever know. I don't really see what makes some animals immune to what just seems to be a long lived law of nature. Whenever one hole is created, something else fills the spot.

I'll say for myself, I don't really care about most animals, and I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over fewer spiders in the world.
    We're killing species faster than something else can fill the spot, which can lead to ecological catastrophe as systems fail. Which directly impacts our ability to grow food.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    lolth is coming for the british. soon they shall feel the warm embrace of the spiderqueen's handmaidens.

- - - Updated - - -

we have brown recluses.
    Next step is the driders

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Had a few Ts myself. Now I'm down to just a Flameleg.

I'm all for this conservation. They will help out with other pests in the long run.
    I rescue spiders at work before people stomp them. I'm like "would you rather a spider or tons of other bugs?"

- - - Updated - - -

My sister feels this way about wolf spiders. She had them living in her home in Texas and refused to kill them, saying they'd take care of the other, more venomous spiders. However, I was terrified to sleep the entire time I visited her house. You'd see their shadows scurrying around on the floors at night. They were also more prone to go in the bathroom, where I'm at my most vulnerable on the toliet in the middle of the night.

Ugh, so terrifying.
    I let a spider live in my room under that premise, but I checked her web one day(apparently it was a she) and it was full of eggs. I doused it with lysol and killed her. I'm just wondering where the hell she got knocked up since she had been there a while before this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I rescue spiders at work before people stomp them. I'm like "would you rather a spider or tons of other bugs?"
    Proper pest control.

Two words: Baking Soda
    Gets rid of spiders and an array of other bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Proper pest control.

Two words: Baking Soda
    Gets rid of spiders and an array of other bugs.
    They don't want to. We had an ant problem in the break room and I suggested one of those boric acid baits which annihilated them when I got them at home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    They don't want to. We had an ant problem in the break room and I suggested one of those boric acid baits which annihilated them when I got them at home.
    Well, that's stupid on their part.
    Killing bugs one by one is about as effective as pissing against the wind and hoping not to get hit. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    A rogue afraid of spiders? LOL
    In my defense. Batman was afraid of bats.