Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Day will break over the city of eternal night.
    Probably its about Suramar but Darnassus and Undercity cities of eternal night too. I mean did you even saw sunlight there?

The wolf cub will inherit a bloody pack.
    It maybe about Anduin but i have theory what wolf cub could be Varian. I mean hes Goldrinn's scion - something like a mortal version of wild god. And if Genn dies in Legion at some point and Varian somehow survives Broken Shore Wrynn can become new worgens leader. Tess is human and like i said worgen part of Gilneas need wolf king to lead them. OR Imagine if Anduin will be forced to take worgen curse? It will be unpredictable for his character progression.

The crooked serpent with no eyes is watching from the endless sky.
    Hakkar Soulflyer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    varian is the champion of lo'gosh/goldrinn. so anduin is the wolf pup, and the bloody pack is the worgen wanting to go to war with the forsaken and preventing the alliance and horde from working together to stop the legion
    Not only the Worgen, the alliance in general (having in mind how Jaina is right now, and how Velen changed), they are all in some way, looking for the blood of their enemies

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    crooked serpent = n'zoth
    the veil between bla bla bla = EN
    diamond king = magni
    city of eternal night = i mean really? it obviously is suramar, or did ya see any other city which is shrouded by eternal night?
    wolf cub = anduin.
    inherit a bloody pack = idk, lo'gosh power?
    How could a giant tentacle monster with nine eyes be the crooked serpent with no eyes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Mike View Post
    "The wolf cub will inherit a bloody pack" refers to Anduin becoming the King of Stormwind, and inheriting a crumbling alliance with the other members of the faction (Jaina, Greymane)

"Day will break over the city of eternal night" refers to the liberation of Suramar from Burning Legion control.

"And even the darkness howls for the light it once despised" possibly refers to the actions of the Ebon Blade, and the final Horseman.
    Burning Legion doomsayers would not be foreshadowing the liberation of a city FROM the Burning Legion. I doubt Old God doomsayers would either, but these are BL doomsayers.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    How could a giant tentacle monster with nine eyes be the crooked serpent with no eyes?

- - - Updated - - -

Burning Legion doomsayers would not be foreshadowing the liberation of a city FROM the Burning Legion. I doubt Old God doomsayers would either, but these are BL doomsayers.
    The old gods are beings of chaos, your puny concept of logic means nothing to them!

wtf does Hakkar want this time?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    more trolls to feast upon?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    I'm counting quite a few eyes on that thing.

I seriously doubt some random serpent with arms on a Hearthstone card would be the object of a mysterious prophecy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Could be like in the war of the ancients novel where the old gods did want Sargeras to show up so that he would inadvertently shatter their prison.
    The lore has changed since then, though. The Old Gods don't just want freedom, they want to subdue and dominate Azeroth's Titan soul for their masters. If Sargeras arrives and sunders the planet, then they've failed in their mission.

7+ Year Old Account
    well, when i googled crooked serpent, i got pics of snake like "water" dragons

and well, n'zoth has giant maws, snake tentacle body probably, and maybe those red things arent eyes, just scary red things to scare other creatures?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Who might be the crooked serpent?
    Perhaps the Ancient One?
    or its this guy, totally forgot about him.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Guarantee you this is random babbling that will serve zero purpose in the future. Blizzard doesn't write hints like this anymore. It's just neat flavor randomness that will serve nothing in the end. Just like all the bullshit Chogall said during the Imperator fight.

The Old Gods have been teased here and there throughout World of Warcraft's history, so I would not consider this a hint that Blizzard will be moving towards N'zoth and giving him some spotlight.

The Old Gods were mentioned during Cataclysm throughout various zones, the Twilight's Hammer clan, Deathwing' corruption, in the Dragon Soul raid, Titan Ra's dialogue, Naga dialogue, and I am sure many other places that I cannot remember off the top of my head.

As to more theoretical questions and discussions...

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The wolf cub will inherit a bloody pack. - This may refer to Greymane's children or even Anduin but what does it mean a bloody pack?
    The wolf cub might mean Anduin Wrynn, since one of Varian's nick-names is Lo'Gosh (the name of an ancient wolf that aided the elves during the War of the Ancients). As to inheriting the "bloody pack," this could mean Anduin's closest friend or friends becomes King Genn Greymane and/or the Gilneans and he supports Genn in his pursuit of Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Guarantee you this is random babbling that will serve zero purpose in the future. Blizzard doesn't write hints like this anymore. It's just neat flavor randomness that will serve nothing in the end. Just like all the bullshit Chogall said during the Imperator fight.
    Pretty sure they're talking about the Void Lords. Draenor has one growing inside lol. It was saved for nothing.

We were supposed to let Archimonde win and destroy Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    I'm counting quite a few eyes on that thing.

I seriously doubt some random serpent with arms on a Hearthstone card would be the object of a mysterious prophecy.

- - - Updated - - -

The lore has changed since then, though. The Old Gods don't just want freedom, they want to subdue and dominate Azeroth's Titan soul for their masters. If Sargeras arrives and sunders the planet, then they've failed in their mission.
    N'zoth could possibly have some sneaky plan ready to spring once he arrives, hard to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    The Old Gods have been teased here and there throughout World of Warcraft's history, so I would not consider this a hint that Blizzard will be moving towards N'zoth and giving him some spotlight.

The Old Gods were mentioned during Cataclysm throughout various zones, the Twilight's Hammer clan, Deathwing' corruption, in the Dragon Soul raid, Titan Ra's dialogue, Naga dialogue, and I am sure many other places that I cannot remember off the top of my head.

As to more theoretical questions and discussions...

The wolf cub might mean Anduin Wrynn, since one of Varian's nick-names is Lo'Gosh (the name of an ancient wolf that aided the elves during the War of the Ancients). As to inheriting the "bloody pack," this could mean Anduin's closest friend or friends becomes King Genn Greymane and/or the Gilneans and he supports Genn in his pursuit of Sylvanas.
    I think it's only a matter of time before N'zoth gets some spotlight, and my guess is as an expansion villain sometime after Legion. He's the only old god to be built up this long. C'thun was introduced and killed in Vanilla, Yogg in Wrath. N'zoth is the only one getting build up and teased for this long, so I'd be surprised if we just end up killing him in a mid expansion raid or something. He's also the last old god on Azeroth, so it'd be a big waste if he didn't get some spotlight.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    The Ancient One is specifically made for HS, they even said so in an old gods interview I recall.
    So we can put that one to rest.

Now tons of these things will probably not mean anything seeing as they've been known to do that the past expansions.
    But I said from the start that we're for sure going to face N'zoth this expansion and I think the doomsayers pretty much confirmed that.

Thal'Dranath is obviously where we were going to face him, but they scrapped it and replaced it with a "cooler" idea which might mean that the sunken city will arise.
    So instead of Thal'Dranath ( which is actually placed at the same location N'zoth would be imprisoned at) we'll get Ny'alotha or something like that to give us a break from the
    Legion stuff.
    Last edited by TriHard; 2016-06-20 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I think it's only a matter of time before N'zoth gets some spotlight, and my guess is as an expansion villain sometime after Legion.
    My guess as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    The Ancient One is specifically made for HS, they even said so in an old gods interview I recall.
    So we can put that one to rest.

Now tons of these things will probably not mean anything seeing as they've been known to do that the past expansions.
    But I said from the start that we're for sure going to face N'zoth this expansion and I think the doomsayers pretty much confirmed that.

Thal'Dranath is obviously where we were going to face him, but they scrapped it and replaced it with a "cooler" idea which might mean that the sunken city will arise.
    So instead of Thal'Dranath ( which is actually placed at the same location N'zoth would be imprisoned at) we'll get Ny'alotha or something like that to give us a break from the
    Legion stuff.
    While certainly possible, we don't know enough to assert that it's 'obvious.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Hakkar Soulflyer?
    Pretty sure Hakkar had a rather notable couple of eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    more trolls to feast upon?
    Hakkar's entire goal was to manifest in the physical world and feast upon every conceivable source of blood.

I don't think the line refers to Hakkar though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    About the prophecy:

The king will cast away his diamond crown: Can be Magni or Varian (remember, metaphours can be deep). Probably Magni.
    Day will break over the city of eternal night: Ny'alotha. "Ny'alotha the sleeping city" - Sleeping is associated with the Night. IMO, this is foreshadowing the next content patches: We'll go to Ny'alotha.
    The wolf cub will inherit a bloody pack: IMO this is Anduin. Varian was blessed by the Wolf Deity. His son is the "cub". The pack he inherited is the Alliance, probably seeking war with the Horde more than ever now that their king suffered fate.
    This is how I see it aswell. Its pretty straightforward and understandable, really.

The keyword in the third one that pretty much points at Anduin is inherit; it is not something he created, nurtured or wished for - it is something he inherits as his father dies. He inherited a pack(read Alliance) that is bloody, which refers to the vengeful Genn and Jaina that seek revenge and blood for what was done to their nations.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-06-21 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    This is how I see it aswell. Its pretty straightforward and understandable, really.

The keyword in the third one that pretty much points at Anduin is inherit; it is not something he created, nurtured or wished for - it is something he inherits as his father dies. He inherited a pack(read Alliance) that is bloody, which refers to the vengeful Genn and Jaina that seek revenge and blood for what was done to their nations.
    Most of the Alliance wants blood from one enemy or another. All the racial leaders but Gelbin, the Council of Three Hammers/Magni and Anduin really.

"The wolf cub will inherit a bloody pack" - This is almost indisputably about Anduin. He's Varian's son (and thus the "Wolf Cub") and he's inherited an Alliance that's thirsting for war. This is the only one that strikes me as being really obvious.

"The King will cast away his diamond crown" - Actually, this is another obvious one, and refers to Magni.

"And even the darkness howls for the light it once despised" - I could see this being about the Ebon Blade and their final campaign mission, for sure, though given that the other hints seem to refer to more major story beats this seems out of place. It could also be something to do with Illidan, given his vision in the latest book, but that seems less likely. It could also refer to the Lich King working (albeit indirectly) with the Alliance and Horde against the Legion.

"Day will break over the city of eternal night" - This could have something to do with the events at the Exodar, but that doesn't feel too likely. It could be claiming a foothold on Argus, or something to do with Darnassus or the Undercity. The most likely candidate, though, is Ny'alotha, as others have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    "The wolf cub will inherit a bloody pack" - This is almost indisputably about Anduin. He's Varian's son (and thus the "Wolf Cub") and he's inherited an Alliance that's thirsting for war. This is the only one that strikes me as being really obvious.

"The King will cast away his diamond crown" - Actually, this is another obvious one, and refers to Magni.

"And even the darkness howls for the light it once despised" - I could see this being about the Ebon Blade and their final campaign mission, for sure, though given that the other hints seem to refer to more major story beats this seems out of place. It could also be something to do with Illidan, given his vision in the latest book, but that seems less likely. It could also refer to the Lich King working (albeit indirectly) with the Alliance and Horde against the Legion.

"Day will break over the city of eternal night" - This could have something to do with the events at the Exodar, but that doesn't feel too likely. It could be claiming a foothold on Argus, or something to do with Darnassus or the Undercity. The most likely candidate, though, is Ny'alotha, as others have said.
    The city is probably Suramar.