Page 43 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Im getting a similar feeling. Maybe its a player skill issue, but no matter what I do, http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-calc/mage/fire/MlB0
    and http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-calc/mage/fire/MBB0 with PoF are doing the most amount of damage for me not just on single target but on 3 targets.

I suspect the reason is that ignite spreading is a big deal with Pyro generating bigger ignites than Flame Strike, and Living Bomb & Blastwave not generating any ignite damage.
    I feel that Living Bomb will be for the heavy AoE fights, where a single global will provide insane amounts of damage: for all other situations Unstable Magic will be the way to go, if Flame Patch stays the same.

I also feel that Conflagration will always be the go to talent, since it gives both a single target increase aswell as an AoE madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    ^ this in a nutshell, remember how awful ele shaman was at the beginning of WoD. Literally under tanks for 3 weeks into Highmaul lol. However we're talking about mage, whom have never been neglected by Blizz, so I'm sure they'll actually fix most of the issues going on over the next few patches.
    Please i remember being called "kings of aoe" but having abysmal aoe for like 3 expansions. I remember Mind Seer and Seed of Corruption hitting 20x harder than blizzard or flamestrike for god knows how long. You werent around in BC obv.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2016-06-20 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Im getting a similar feeling. Maybe its a player skill issue, but no matter what I do, http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-calc/mage/fire/MlB0
    and http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-calc/mage/fire/MBB0 with PoF are doing the most amount of damage for me not just on single target but on 3 targets.
    I'm staying away from kindling until legion hits, because combustion will end up being used every 2 mins anyway - with the ring...

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I'm staying away from kindling until legion hits, because combustion will end up being used every 2 mins anyway - with the ring...
    I totally forgot about the ring :S... wtf am i going to pick now. Cinderstorm ? it kinda sorta works... when im lucky.

Wish you could turn of those fire orbs, it clashes with my transmog D; BE GONE ORBS

Quote Originally Posted by Yamzi View Post
    Wish you could turn of those fire orbs, it clashes with my transmog D; BE GONE ORBS
    I actually like them :P

Although i perfectly get why they can be considered so annoying, their animation is pretty visible... I totally expect a glyph to either remove them or make them still.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    I actually like them :P

Although i perfectly get why they can be considered so annoying, their animation is pretty visible... I totally expect a glyph to either remove them or make them still.
    Yeah I hope they're optional because it totally puts me off playing fire o.o

Would the orb of voidsight heirloom trinket be any good? perhaps over tome of shifting words? I was thinking PoF + orb combined with conflag, unstable magic, and cinderstorm for raiding during pre-patch. Assuming conflag procs and cinderstorm hits all still proc PoF explosion and you get decent rng on trinket lining up with combust and ring... i could see it doing good burst based on my copied 741 leveling experience on the beta (although in non-demon areas i use Tome and munch procs randomly).

Cinderstorm seems to hit consistently if i "aim" slightly to the left of a target while im in melee range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qtBlackGandolf View Post
    Would the orb of voidsight heirloom trinket be any good? perhaps over tome of shifting words? I was thinking PoF + orb combined with conflag, unstable magic, and cinderstorm for raiding during pre-patch. Assuming conflag procs and cinderstorm hits all still proc PoF explosion and you get decent rng on trinket lining up with combust and ring... i could see it doing good burst based on my copied 741 leveling experience on the beta (although in non-demon areas i use Tome and munch procs randomly).

Cinderstorm seems to hit consistently if i "aim" slightly to the left of a target while im in melee range.
    Can't see a reason to drop Sandman's Pounch, highest crit proc in game with a 2 min long inner cooldown lasting 20 secs. So one can line it up with the ring (remember it also grants the highest mastery proc since Combustion turns all our crit to mastery) +10 secs after Combustion's faded. As for second trinket: class trinket (only if Blizz fixes the mana issue), any on use crit/mastery wf ones from MM dungeons, like the agility+ /use mastery, stamina+ /use crit, etc. then OoV/DSI... As far as i know PoF and Iskar (and all other special trinkets) will suffer from nerfs.

So farming those MM dungeon trinkets is a good idea, just don't forget to set it master looter, since those ones only drop for hunters/rogues/melee shamans; dk/pala/warri, priest/druid/shaman healers, etc. You need to farm SMBG and UBRS. Drop chances are really low tho.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hayande/simple

So that will remain BiS.
    Last edited by mmocdf7bb9c95d; 2016-06-20 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Please i remember being called "kings of aoe" but having abysmal aoe for like 3 expansions. I remember Mind Seer and Seed of Corruption hitting 20x harder than blizzard or flamestrike for god knows how long. You werent around in BC obv.
    What a joke, is your only argument seriously being bad at AoE? Seriously? This is the kind of shit I'm talking about all the time. Mages have always, ALWAYS had a spec in the top 3 of DPS for raid encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamzi View Post
    I wish they would add a blue fire minor glyph. Then, I would have a fallback plan if frost ends up sucking.

They should have done a better job with the fire artifact. Artifacts that are heavily tied into a single race = doesn't look very pleasing on all the others. I have the same beef with the holy priest artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    They should have done a better job with the fire artifact. Artifacts that are heavily tied into a single race = doesn't look very pleasing on all the others. I have the same beef with the holy priest artifact.
    Lavaborn Edge, Timebender's Blade, and The Star's Design are all pretty racially neutral.
    Half of the skins are vaguely related to blood elves, true, but when the most and only famous fire mage is a blood elf I don't think that's terribly unexpected.

e: Actually even the Phoenix's Rebirth skin looks more like a piece of Deathwing than a Blood Elf sword.
    It's only the main skin and its upgrade that are heavily Elf themed.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2016-06-21 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    What a joke, is your only argument seriously being bad at AoE? Seriously? This is the kind of shit I'm talking about all the time. Mages have always, ALWAYS had a spec in the top 3 of DPS for raid encounters.
    Mages top 3 in late TBC? uh nope. It was almost 10 years ago but i can still remember the outcries of mages in TBC. If everyone in your raid has equal skill and gear you would even consider bringing in more than 1 mage.

Mages top 3 in late TBC? uh nope. It was almost 10 years ago but i can still remember the outcries of mages in TBC. If everyone in your raid has equal skill and gear you would even consider bringing in more than 1 mage.
    I know you are trying to sound righteously aggrieved here, but if the most recent example you can think of was in TBC it doesn't weaken their argument all that much.

Do you guys stutter step a lot in this spec? Testing it out on ptr and finding myself having to stutter step quite a bit. Also, what is the point of shimmer? Just seems so awkward to use if you're not using ice flows.

Stutter step? Shimmer and Ice Floes share a similar role sure, but both are easy enough to use.

Deleted
    I've tried a quick search but didn't find anything solid. I might very well be playing fire mage this expansion and I'm gathering some information.
    I'm not really a try-hard player, but I always strive to do my best. If a class has talents that are undisputedly the best but not my preferred way of playing I look for some other class. This leads to my question:

Is Rune of Power the best talent for its tier (by a fair margin)? I've never liked Rune of Power, in any way shape or form.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is looking like Rune of Power will be the go-to talent, yes.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Arcane Mage was 3rd in BT, especially if they weren't mentally challenged and realized they had to use a couple spirit gems in their gear for mana regen, only beat by Shadow Sac Destro Lock and Fire Sac Destro Lock. Unless you really want to tie Warglaves into the mix in which case they were 5th being beat by also Combat and Fury Warriors. Then when prepatch hit Fire was top of the pack, beating Warglave Rogues if they were good with procs. The only thing mages complained about in BC was how boring Arcane was and how they wished that Mage was more entertaining to play.