Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I DID both and they are the same...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Man I haven't felt comfortable with less than 100k in YEARS.. and have preferred 200+... now with having leaked gold for months... I'm satisfied with Millions... I'm set for WoW life.
    precisely this. I have enough gold to buy tokens at 100k a pop and still not even remotely be hit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Is your plan to watch a pile of gold for the rest of your WoW life? Because in case you want to spend, a spider mount +2 pre-raid BIS items will make your wallet lighter by about 3-4 million...
    What the hell are you talking about. Nobody is going to sell a BOE for a million gold. Just because the morons on beta do so, doesn't mean the markets will be the same on Live. Boes will be right around the same price as they were in december

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Defmaster View Post
    Nothing changed at ptr regarding gold from firelands or blackrock
    It did get slightly nerfed. But you can just move along to MOP dungeons and probably make more.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, the 5man bot farms outside Ulduar are still running strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    It did get slightly nerfed. But you can just move along to MOP dungeons and probably make more.
    Did a quick test with BWD:

https: // gyazo.com/4459bf4cb9b4f010875400b8943b8378

Wouldnt call that a real nerf. What i noticed is, i got much more duplicate items on ptr.
    Say 3 times the same trinket, same token, etc.

I DID both and they are the same...
    No, they aren't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    What the hell are you talking about. Nobody is going to sell a BOE for a million gold.
    You think?
    There were pre-raid BIS boe's like Scabbard selling for 200k, daily, at WoD launch. Since then, a lot of people acquired millions of gold. Like myself.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 865 Kirin Tor ring is 250k and will probably set the benchmark by which many BoEs are comparatively priced. At least early on and after the initial standard launch hyper inflation period.

I'd imagine we'd earn less gold in Legion compared to the amount that flooded in courtesy of free gold Garrisons.

i.e. - no more 60k-100k gold per week just idlying a few seconds of login time between 10+ characters doing garrison missions. Gots to do more effort if you want that gold.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone willing to maintain a stable of L110 alts come Legion will be able to do numerous world boss quests on all of the chars for decent income. But unlick WoD that requires them to actually play the characters beyond simply loggin them in from time to time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Anyone willing to maintain a stable of L110 alts come Legion will be able to do numerous world boss quests on all of the chars for decent income. But unlick WoD that requires them to actually play the characters beyond simply loggin them in from time to time.
    That's not going to happen. The whole garrison "system"(fiasco) was to just /faceroll with re-logins. This time alts appear to have the issue of MoP again with the harmony soulbound item that required actually playing the game. Gladly, only those with a serious system to gold making will be reloging again, not just anyone.

Wouldnt call that a real nerf. What i noticed is, i got much more duplicate items on ptr.

They nerfed the vendor prices of the epics dropped in Cata raids (someone said 25% I am not sure what the actual % is) so it was nerfed a little but not killed off as a money making option.

Edit: Checked beta and live
    25m Heroic Madness of Deathwing
    2h sword Live:47g Beta:35G
    Polearm Live:47g Beta:35G
    Staff Live:51g Beta:39G

BWD
    Nefarion
    2H sword Live:42g Beta:32G

So yeah 25% nerf
    Last edited by Donovan4893; 2016-06-21 at 08:04 PM.

I wonder what was the motivation behind this nerf.
    Make people earn 8k instead of 9k per char per week? Wonder how much development time went into considering this decision

I hope AH play and proffesions will be the norm again. But meh....

made 10-15k a day last 3 months I played...well lets say 8k average to be 100% honest.

I mostly make my gold selling on AH...only doing garrison on 2.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I made about 15k from leveling.
    Otherwise, its impossible to say as you can get free gold on the beta by transfer-duping.
    But in terms of world quests, you can get a LOT of gold that way too.
    If you actually play the game you probably get a ton.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    They nerfed the vendor prices of the epics dropped in Cata raids (someone said 25% I am not sure what the actual % is) so it was nerfed a little but not killed off as a money making option.

Edit: Checked beta and live
    25m Heroic Madness of Deathwing
    2h sword Live:47g Beta:35G
    Polearm Live:47g Beta:35G
    Staff Live:51g Beta:39G

BWD
    Nefarion
    2H sword Live:42g Beta:32G

So yeah 25% nerf
    Well that's a small nerf if you consider that half of the profit is from gold drop alone. So a 10 - 13% nerf. Would have thought of a much stronger nerf by the statements.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Ahhh that's not too bad. Still a steady gold income

- - - Updated - - -

No, they aren't.

- - - Updated - - -

You think?
    There were pre-raid BIS boe's like Scabbard selling for 200k, daily, at WoD launch. Since then, a lot of people acquired millions of gold. Like myself.
    I don't see it even remotely happening

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    If they are being smart, they will continue at least some of the trend of easy gold. If they don't, you will have new players that can never really get ahead. I sort of doubt they would be that foolish to create a situation where some players have millions of gold, and others can hardly make any at all.
    Thats always been a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial
    I don't see it even remotely happening
    Because...?

Well that's a small nerf if you consider that half of the profit is from gold drop alone. So a 10 - 13% nerf. Would have thought of a much stronger nerf by the statements.
    GOld drop reduced as well IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Anyone willing to maintain a stable of L110 alts come Legion will be able to do numerous world boss quests on all of the chars for decent income.
    You get 1 world boss quest per week and it's not guaranteed to have gold as a reward so not really. You'll get some gold but nearly enough to bother with leveling multiple 110 just for gold farm.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because...?
    Because the market won't settle at that high. The delusions of the internet playerbase of everyone having millions of gold is a fallacy. BOEs will be expensive the very first month. After that they will plummet and settle around 50k for heroic and 120-150k for mythic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    You get 1 world boss quest per week and it's not guaranteed to have gold as a reward so not really. You'll get some gold but nearly enough to bother with leveling multiple 110 just for gold farm.
    There's more than one world quest for World Bosses up right now on beta. This is the first time I've seen that happen though