Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, I never liked the old ones.
    This one might be something but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Not going to judge it befor I see it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I've seen a couple different reactions, some of them based on the old "they changed it now it sucks" chestnut. Some of them are apt critiques that the movie is a cash-grab in the wake of Harold Ramis' death and refuse to spend their money on it. Some of them are pretty open misogyny, and some of them an abject refusal to see a movie without the original cast being a direct part of it. I admit the first trailer left me with a kind of "meh" impression, and I wasn't really left with the motivation to go to the theater to see it.

Subsequent trailers have improved my initial impression a bit, but I'm still on the fence as to whether this would qualify for a theater or would be a rental. I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic but not stoked - it's got some funny bits, and I'm sure it'll have some laughs, but I agree that at least from the trailers it doesn't feel like the cast has the same overall comedy chemistry of the originals.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I mean we get an exorcism joke and a black lady joke, HOW ORIGINAL!!! Oh and some one gets slimed AMAZING, oh and did you see the quirky smart one lick her gun all badass like??

It just reaks of corn ball shit.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I'll tell you why and it's for a reason NO one seems to ever talk about in regards to the original Ghostbusters. They pandered this crap as an "all-female" cast vs. the "all male" cast of the original one which is utter bullshit. The original cast had Bill Murray as the main actor and Sigourney Weaver as the other main actor. She is, without a doubt, as influential to the plot as Bill Murray's character was and the other 3 Ghostbusters + the secretary + the Accountant dude were all supporting roles to Bill and Sigourney.

No Sigourney... no haunted fridge... no haunted building... no I'm the Gatekeeper... no f'ing PLOT to the f'ing movie with Sigourney Weaver.

So ya the "all female" cast can suck it for all I care because it's a f'ing idiotic idea to just call the original one an "all male" cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I didn't know you hate women. Endus will ban you for your hate speech.
    Nice try, Cybran... you did better in the olden days. This is just a weak afterimage of your irrational hate spewing... what's wrong, spirit of the sport gone out of you?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Because the cast is a mishmash of unfunny tryhard comedians put together to cash in on the PC crowd with a trendy IP.
    This, pretty much.

Have you seen scenes of the movie? Its horrendous.

Ramis,Murray, and Aykroyd are considered by many to be the gold standard in comedy in their day. Especially Ramis and Murray. If you wanted to remake a Ramis/Murray movie you needed to do it with better than C-list comedians. Male or female.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    How is it feminism? So if I made a show having nothing but Sylvanas, Widowmaker, Kerrigan and the female Wizard from Diablo in it with only Thrall being the male character, is it feminism??!
    It's not about feminism. But it's really, really trying hard to be. And failing.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I didn't know you hate women. Endus will ban you for your hate speech.
    This comment and your sig? You're just asking to be banned by him personally aren't you?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    People say its just hate against women, ignoring that people really liked the new Star Wars protagonists and the Mad Max ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Because the cast is a mishmash of unfunny tryhard comedians put together to cash in on the PC crowd with a trendy IP.
    This and the fact that this doesn't have the same spirit the originals had. They were horror films with comedic aspects they were darker and grittier this new one is all bright and pastel colored and is borderline slapstick. I have no interest in watching this piece of garbage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Agreed but there's better arguments to be made against how unfunny this movie will be as opposed to... scary SJWs.. and stuff
    Thing is, I doubt any legit critisism will be seen as that, it will all be bashed from a "you are sexist" angle. THere have been other folks saying things like "if you dont like the New GB you must be a Trump supporter. They are the same people"

No cant be that we think the movie looks like shit, we MUST be Trumpers. Hear that MMO-C if you dislike this movie you support Trump.

Its bull shit, its ok to think a shitty movie looks like shit, even with an all Fem cast.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    People say its just hate against women, ignoring that people really liked the new Star Wars protagonists and the Mad Max ones.
    I've seen a lot of hate for Rey though.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I don't hate it, Thera. I'm just not interested in Melissa McCarthy SJW'ing the f out of something I already like. The whole thing reeks of " hey lets be trendy and PC, YAAAAAAAAAAAY".
    Funny thing is they try to be SJW and yet make a ghetto black woman a joke too. Then in typical feminism style they have Channing Tatum trying to look like the original female secretary and yet instead they act like he's a sex god still where Janine was actually a strong female character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Um, Megan Fox in Transformers? Hello?
    Megan Fox is what made the movies great. The Bots and that boy are just sidekicks to the cineastic shrine of her beautiful glory. Don't you shit on those movies...

Deleted
    A remake with an all male cast would of got the same reaction to be fair. Some people just don't like remakes, especially if it's something from their childhood (look at the reaction to the TMNT movies).

I'll probably watch it because I like the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I've seen a lot of hate for Rey though.
    Rey was awful. Just awful. Jyn looks like she'll actually be a good female lead in Rogue One though.

No one likes her in those movies

as for the cast, I saw them in other stuff. i dont find them that funny, except Chris Hemsworth hes funny as Thor.
    Wait what? That car scene? Hello? I don't care how obvious that was, it was a great shot!

Jesus, what's with you guys...

Yeh cause they were bad ass, Like Riply from Aliens, she is a fucking bad ass, these ladies....unfunny..decidedly not bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It's just so bad.

I'm not even some massive nut for Ghostbusters that's peeved that the new movie isn't as good as the old or something. It just seems to be deliberately trying to be as bad as possible.
    Wow... I had not seen that clip, but that one is even worse than the others. Disgusting and insulting.

Remakes of any movie are often questionable to begin with even when it is a remake of a film that had an interesting idea but was done poorly. However, a remake of a truly classic film beloved by millions and turned into the above garbage is terrible and insulting on many levels. If all of that wasn't enough the behavior of the director, some of the rumors surrounding the film, and things revealed in the Sony e-mail leak just adds fuel to the fire for a movie that never should have been made.