Deleted
    I understand what you're saying Archi, I'm not disagreeing with any of it. I did even specify I agree the story stinks.

I mean more, even though the story stinks - does that make one quit the game? I personally find the DK quest far more interesting and the specs more fun to play, excluding Blood vs Prot. I personally don't mind it cos there are other classes that can satisfy your story needs.

I do think they wasted a great chance of having a mega cool Warrior hall, but as a person that cares about the lore as a whole and not so much specifically what they did with a class hall I likely won't ever idle in anyway - kinda thing.

That doesn't justify in any way the level of bad it is. Until now I thought DKs had the worst class hall cos its basically WotLK 1.5 - not even a 2.0 haha - but at least their story is damn good. You feel a part of something, but people complain that we are just LK's .... same as we are Odyns :P

Im trying to say its hard to please everyone and whilst the Warrior hall is mostly vrykul and not us, we are just one among many - I do believe there are people that do enjoy the story/lore/content of it as well. It is very hard to say we are right and they are wrong (I'm not implying that is what you're doing either, for clarification)

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    I've heard that the Artifact lines and a few other big story moments scale with ilvl, rather than character level.
    Guess this makes sense, I wasn't feeling particularly powerful in my mythic gear doing the Warswords quest. Was QQing to Archie about it D:

My favorite part about the Artifact quest lines is that the Arms (yes I know this is the fury thread) one has a few mobs that heal 2% of their HP per second. At 680 the first few times I did it I simply pulled everything and reckstormed them to death. On my 745 Main I had to pop all CDS to simply do 4%'ish of its HP per second. Needed to use Reck twice to get down one of them.

Easy solution to this that I found is that all NPCs despawn once you get to the boss room, so simply ignoring it proved to be faster than trying to kill them off.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    I understand what you're saying Archi, I'm not disagreeing with any of it. I did even specify I agree the story stinks.
    And you asked if that really mattered, so I clarified the reasons why it might.

I mean more, even though the story stinks - does that make one quit the game?
    Maybe, depends on the person.

Im trying to say its hard to please everyone and whilst the Warrior hall is mostly vrykul and not us, we are just one among many - I do believe there are people that do enjoy the story/lore/content of it as well. It is very hard to say we are right and they are wrong (I'm not implying that is what you're doing either, for clarification)
    Blizzard writing isn't exactly the best in the world, it's easy to find flaws in it, so yeah, it's impossible to please everyone.

That said, there's a very real difference in a story you don't particularly like or agree with, and one that's downright broken. It's not a matter of preference, it's only a matter of "do you care". Obviously it's something I would like fixed (even if it wont be); it's a quality issue with the game.

To make a crappy analogy, it's like buying a keyboard and all the lettering is in the wrong language - sure it works, and you can probably ignore it and continue using the product anyway, but it's not going to make sense to look at.

I mean more, even though the story stinks - does that make one quit the game?
    It may. Depends on the person. I'm not quitting the game; but, I am probably rerolling for Legion after playing a warrior for 12 years. I makes me mad every time I go up to Skyhold. I get reminded that warriors have:

1) A horrible story line
    2) A bad class hall
    3) Congested game mechanics (when you want to optimize performance)
    4) Crappy artifact skins (This is personal preference but I'll throw it in there anyway)

None of those things in and of themselves would get me to reroll; but, seeing all these things combined makes me feel warriors were an after thought in every stage of development (realistically I'm sure they weren't but that's how it makes me feel).
    Last edited by maccaruso; 2016-06-21 at 12:59 PM.

Deleted
    Personally I love the Flail :P
    I do agree though, Im torn between Warrior and DK myself

I've heard that the Artifact lines and a few other big story moments scale with ilvl, rather than character level.
    This is true, or at least I know it is for the Ulduar's Oath scenario. I noticed that mob HP certainly scaled up when I went in to try again and was a higher ilvl (that quest is buggy as hell).

The ilvl scaling is a nice feature, but some of it definitely needs some tweaks.

Well then that clears that up, I don't understand why the lvl100 gems give 200 stats.. Unless there is something I've missed with the way gear scales now then it would make sockets nearly 3x as valuable as before, it's not important in the grand scheme I guess but surely screws the level 100 gear balance.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Well then that clears that up, I don't understand why the lvl100 gems give 200 stats.. Unless there is something I've missed with the way gear scales now then it would make sockets nearly 3x as valuable as before, it's not important in the grand scheme I guess but surely screws the level 100 gear balance.
    Sockets seem pretty OP across the board. Even with max level Legion gear. The blue sockets are +480 stats. You'd have to get like a 25+ titanforge item level to overcome a socket.

Personally I love the Flail :P
    I do agree though, Im torn between Warrior and DK myself
    Im torn between Warrior or Ret. Ret seems to be the spec with least RNG, you do the damage you are excepted to do (except if things crit and such). Which is damn nice to be honest, but is the fun gameplay there? Ehh, bit and that :P Seems alot like the old Arms Warrior.

Speaking of Arms, I really like it

I feel like Arms artifact progression is amazingly straight forward, there's about zero question as to what path you'll take for your first two gold traits. Fury seems to be much more up in the air. I think mythic was released 4 weeks after release in WoD? Can probably expect something similar for Legion I would imagine. If you go hard, you might be able to get all 3 gold traits in a month with the new values, I'm not sure.

My thought is to go to Odyn's Champion first, I'd say it's arguably the most widely applied trait to all forms of content and also powerful. Additionally every single trait in your path to Odyn's Champion is amazing. You're then left with an equal number of traits needed to get either Juggernaut or Rage of the Valarjar depending on how tuning turns out. Helya's Wrath is pretty nice for the simple reason that it helps cooldowns line up better, most notably Odyn's Fury which also has convenient timing for most add waves if previous experience holds true, so this could be tempting to grab after Odyn's Champion as well.

I believe the most efficient way to get all three gold traits for Fury is to start by going for Rage of the Valarjar first, and then work back towards Odyn's Champion and Juggernaut, like this. It would only be 23 traits needed compared to 24 (at best) for getting all three, and you could easily get Sense Death and Helya's Wrath afterwards.

I'm not sure if it's the best way in terms of output, but I believe it's the most efficient. And when the AP needed for an additional trait gets to be something like 80-100k, efficiency does at least count for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Samayael View Post
    I believe the most efficient way to get all three gold traits for Fury is to start by going for Rage of the Valarjar first, and then work back towards Odyn's Champion and Juggernaut, like this. It would only be 23 traits needed compared to 24 (at best) for getting all three, and you could easily get Sense Death and Helya's Wrath afterwards.

I'm not sure if it's the best way in terms of output, but I believe it's the most efficient. And when the AP needed for an additional trait gets to be something like 80-100k, efficiency does at least count for something.
    This is correct, though it may be worth speccing into Uncontrolled Rage while leveling and respeccing out later. While I don't like the idea of wasting AP, if done early/before artifact knowledge kicks in, it should be minimal. Strong possibility that we'll be forced to respec at one point or another due to balancing anyway.

Logging into the beta with my fresh character copy, I noticed that Bloodthirst "Requires Two-Handed Melee Weapon." Anyone have any information on if this change is going live?

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty The Shaman View Post
    Logging into the beta with my fresh character copy, I noticed that Bloodthirst "Requires Two-Handed Melee Weapon." Anyone have any information on if this change is going live?
    Probably. They are giving basic starter weapons to characters whose requirements have changed (Surv, etc), so if you don't have them, you'll at least have something to use from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Probably. They are giving basic starter weapons to characters whose requirements have changed (Surv, etc), so if you don't have them, you'll at least have something to use from the start.
    That's kinda poop. It's not that big a deal, considering the focus on the artifact weapons, but I've been using 1h weapons on live. Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty The Shaman View Post
    That's kinda poop. It's not that big a deal, considering the focus on the artifact weapons, but I've been using 1h weapons on live. Thanks for the quick reply.
    It is definitely a strange decision in my opinion, considering that player gear is already established, and artifacts will force them into weapon types anyway. My assumption is that it's intended to condition players into associating the spec with the weapon type; filtering some of the "I wanna be a 1h Fury/2h Frost" complaints through the pre-patch rather than the expansion itself.

What are we lookin at for stat priorities from PTR? i have been doing testing on my warrior but i was told that haste could be the best stat for us coming in legion? am i hearing right? or are we still looking at crit/mast? any info would be greatly appriciated i keep hearing back and forth discussions on haste vs crit/mast.

Deleted
    So.. Court of Stars now has a Crit/Haste Ring with +10% Auto Attack Damage. Juicy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powpowpowpow View Post
    What are we lookin at for stat priorities from PTR? i have been doing testing on my warrior but i was told that haste could be the best stat for us coming in legion? am i hearing right? or are we still looking at crit/mast? any info would be greatly appriciated i keep hearing back and forth discussions on haste vs crit/mast.
    Haven't totally followed it myself but I believe crit has massively devalued due to flopping Slash giving us a 15% stacking buff to BTs crit chance and Rampage always enraging us upon use.

I'm also inclined to think haste is the best because with Frenzy (not 100% if it's viable for ST though), enrage (100% attack speed added to it) and Endless Rage we have a fairly low CD on Bloodthirst and a higher rage regen rate which means more Rampage uses assuming you're using Carnage (which, you probably should be iirc). It's also worth noting if Frenzy isn't optimal Raging Blow gives us rage whilst using Inner Rage however unless I'm severely out of date it does still gain the Mastery % modifier when Enraged...

tl;dr: crit devalued, apparently haste pulling ahead due to lower GCD & more rage. No clue about Mastery but since the 100% attack speed from mastery is static (not increased by mastery rating) I assume it falls behind haste. (okay not much of a tl;dr)

Talents in case you aren't sure wtf I'm talking about: http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warrior/fury

If any of this is wrong I apologise