Erat played a season or two for Arizona after we traded him to Washington. Forsberg isn't that streaky, he generally scores pretty consistently, but he does tend to have a hotter part of the season.

Smith is streaky, Forsberg never really goes cold, he just cools off a bit. If he stayed hot all the time he would be putting 60 goals a year in, which just really doesn't happen now.

A third for Vesey is pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I am loving draft week this year. I am getting excited to see what happens. You're going to want to hear this.

Yeah they traded Martin Erat for Forsberg. Which might have been Erat's last year in the NHL.
    It was a desperate move by a selfish GM.

- - - Updated - - -

A third for Vesey is pretty crazy.
    Yeah, ridiculous.

Leafs get Anderson from Anaheim for one of our back to back picks and a 2nd next year.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    It was a desperate move by a selfish GM.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, ridiculous.

Leafs get Anderson from Anaheim for one of our back to back picks and a 2nd next year.
    Don't have a problem with the trade, I have a huge problem with giving the 5x5 contract to a guy who hasn't won fuck all.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    5m isn't that bad for him. I hate the Ducks but Andersen is a solid goalie. 5m is about what you'd pay for a starting goalie, this deal is either gonna be amazing for the Leafs or a trainwreck. Considering you're still in rebuild mode the first 2-3 years won't be detrimental and by that time there won't be much term left on his deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    The third for Vesey is only good if he signs there. But from what has been said. He's been keen on going to Toronto or Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Don't have a problem with the trade, I have a huge problem with giving the 5x5 contract to a guy who hasn't won fuck all.
    Anderson was the only good player on Anaheim for the start of the season until his injury. His sv% was great for an Anaheim team that forgot to show up early on. He was also one win away from going to a SCF vs the lightning where his team likely would have won the year before. I'm a fan of the trade and the deal right now. Bernier will come off books next year as well or be traded to a team that needs a backup who can play a lead role if need be for one year.

Pretty much makes it so our only clear weaknesses are the blue line (particularly right handers) and rookies who may need a year or two to adjust.

- - - Updated - - -

The third for Vesey is only good if he signs there. But from what has been said. He's been keen on going to Toronto or Boston.
    I get the feeling he's going to go to Buffalo (if he plays with Eichel it could be worthwhile for him, O'Reilly is a very talented centre as well) or Boston.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2016-06-21 at 02:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    /sigh

Rights to Yandle aquired by Panthers from the Rangers for a couple late draft picks. And we gave up a first and Duclair for him. I was hoping with the money saved from Boyle, we could have signed Yandle.

Nope, everything I can find is that it is a straight 3rd rounder, it is not conditional. Buffalo's GM said they had 4 3rd round picks so it was worth a shot.

Unless you mean it is only good for Buffalo if he signs, then we'll yeah.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2016-06-21 at 08:24 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, when did Keith Yandle become worth a 6th round pick?? Isn't he still under 30. Guy was so good with the Yotes but I obviously didn't see him play much in the East

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I'm confused, when did Keith Yandle become worth a 6th round pick?? Isn't he still under 30. Guy was so good with the Yotes but I obviously didn't see him play much in the East
    He's a UFA, Rangers can't afford him, and I believe there's another pick they'll get from Florida (not sure what round) if Yandle signs there. Basically, Florida is just saying "Here's a 6th pick to let us try and negotiate a deal with Yandle before Free Agency hits."

Edit: looks like it will be a fourth round in addition if he signs
    Last edited by Greeney; 2016-06-21 at 03:43 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit Bishop going to the Flames? That's big for them

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a rumour right now nothing official

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Just a rumour right now nothing official
    Yeah also read about MAF. So one way or another you will have your goalie.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Yeah also read about MAF. So one way or another you will have your goalie.
    Yep, main thing im concerned about is price. I don't really want to give up 6th overall for either guy because i feel they both have flaws that could eat us. Bishops injured the last 3 years in a row, is on the last year of his contraxt and will cost at least 5.5, and we'll see how the smaller goalie equipment effects him. Fleury is 31, expensive and has had major playoff breakdowns. Plus these concussion issues as of late has me worried. Both goalies probably get us to the playoffs but i dont want to lose 6th overall for 1 year of Bishop tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a god damn arms race in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Yep, main thing im concerned about is price. I don't really want to give up 6th overall for either guy because i feel they both have flaws that could eat us. Bishops injured the last 3 years in a row, is on the last year of his contraxt and will cost at least 5.5, and we'll see how the smaller goalie equipment effects him. Fleury is 31, expensive and has had major playoff breakdowns. Plus these concussion issues as of late has me worried. Both goalies probably get us to the playoffs but i dont want to lose 6th overall for 1 year of Bishop tbh.
    Penguins want the first pick which is ridiculous imo. If calgary gives up a first they're getting Bishop over MAF.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a god damn arms race in the West.
    Give it 3 years, the best teams won't be St Louis, Chicago, San Jose. Western Canada WILL RISE AGAIN!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Penguins want the first pick which is ridiculous imo. If calgary gives up a first they're getting Bishop over MAF.
    Yeah they're dreamin'. Gotta start high though, that's going to be their initial request. I don't think I'd give Fleury up without seeing how Murray carries a heavy workload either. It could be Cam Ward esque.

Not too enthused about Bishop or Fleury for the 6th pick. That's a steep cost. Especially if Bishop isn't signing.

In other news, Arnett already killed it at the Awards imo lol.

"hockey is coming to Vegas! I wonder where it will go next...maybe Edmonton?"
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arnett did a so much better job than Rob Riggle.

They were saying on the radio that the reason they may not have considered Quebec City for an expansion team is because they may backdoor them in via relocating an existing team to there. So one of the many teams in the east that may be struggling with attendance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy to see some awards go to Kings that have been candidates for awhile. Doughty has gotten plenty of acclaim over the years, Kopitar has gotten less than he deserves, now they both have some major awards, hooray!