Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruiizu View Post
    ...just W.
    But W is skill! W is engaging! W is life!

just W.
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    But W is skill! W is engaging! W is life!
    I'm going back to my roots
    Another day, another door
    Another high, another low
    Rock bottom, rock bottom, rock bottom

New build inc (probably to fix the servers especially). Prepare to be disappointed again.

New build inc (probably to fix the servers especially). Prepare to be disappointed again.
    The trick is to expect the worse for all circumstances, then you'll never be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    The trick is to expect the worse for all circumstances, then you'll never be disappointed.
    that's my Mei

OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    @CptKnusper the reason im lashing out is because this is the kind of stuff that gets praised as golden thought when we basically already have this kind of issue now. our finishers are already too quick to put out and as a result, they hardly do any damage. making finishers cost 1 HP when we have too many ways to get said holypower means you might as well make said finishers be less than auto attacks. it just makes zero sense and could be potentially incredibly worthless or overpowered.

This is the kind of stuff i dislike. its just random thought without any process going into what that would mean as a whole for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    @CptKnusper the reason im lashing out is because this is the kind of stuff that gets praised as golden thought when we basically already have this kind of issue now. our finishers are already too quick to put out and as a result, they hardly do any damage. making finishers cost 1 HP when we have too many ways to get said holypower means you might as well make said finishers be less than auto attacks. it just makes zero sense and could be potentially incredibly worthless or overpowered.

This is the kind of stuff i dislike. its just random thought without any process going into what that would mean as a whole for the game.
    He said make finishers cost 1 less. So they would cost 2, not 1.

Btw, my feint worked. They increased Holy Power generation with this patch, which is a welcome change. Generators took a slight hit in damage, but with the new duration on Judgment honestly Holy Power generation is more important now.

New changes seems fine. My main problem with Ret right now is the talent tree, but I doubt that will change anything major until Legion's first major patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    New changes seems fine. My main problem with Ret right now is the talent tree, but I doubt that will change anything major until Legion's first major patch.
    They actually changed the thing that was bugging me most (I'm excluding the horrible mobility, no ranged attacks, etc). Divine Hammer generating only 1 Holy Power felt awkward using Ulthane's build, but this should help.

Well, R.I.P. Blade of Wrath. I liked Divine Hammer better anyway TBH.

Faster Holy power generation is nice, but frankly I wasn't really having a problem getting enough to spend regularly unless I deliberately took the slowest possible build So, I guess this fixes that. It doesn't fix the core issues of low damage and lack of tools with which to deal that damage, however.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    random thought more: why Ret generators have cd when no other combopoint-based class has such a retarded ramification?

I'm profusely fancying that sweet interaction between Ret generators and DK talent which increases time required for CDs to come off.

How about BoJ with a 18 sec cd huh? Sounds like fun
    rogues and druids use energy which requires a cd for regen... its the same shit

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Well, R.I.P. Blade of Wrath. I liked Divine Hammer better anyway TBH.

Faster Holy power generation is nice, but frankly I wasn't really having a problem getting enough to spend regularly unless I deliberately took the slowest possible build So, I guess this fixes that. It doesn't fix the core issues of low damage and lack of tools with which to deal that damage, however.
    Worth noting that the change has no effect on the actual damage Divine Hammer does, as the duration has also been upped to 10 seconds. It's hard to say if it will impact the rotation speed much. Basically you use Divine Hammer 25% less frequently, but it generates 100% more Holy Power (so net of 75% Holy Power gain?)

The only problem I'm really encountering in Beta (aside of not being able to stay logged in) is having absolutely nothing I can do while trying to get from A to B. With no charge or such, but also no range attacks, I'm literally just walking forward and that's the most I've got.

I seriously think they need some "other" ability(ies) to exist. I think it would be interesting if we could "charge" Holy Power while moving even if we can't attack a target (like I don't know, we say some Holy words, an incantation, or something?) If we can't actively attack from afar or run fast, it just seems pretty bad to not have anything to do at all. No instant heals, no buffs to throw out, no way to charge up our power...just W.
    shamans have something called spirit of the maelstrom, what if we get a buff while in combat if we haven't done any damage in the last 5 secs that allows us to generate holy power every 3 secs till we attack (and lose the buff)

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    shamans have something called spirit of the maelstrom, what if we get a buff while in combat if we haven't done any damage in the last 5 secs that allows us to generate holy power every 3 secs till we attack (and lose the buff)
    To be honest, this is where "Seal" mechanics could easily come back. Can't attack? Throw a Seal up while you're going to the target. Make it so using Seals in active combat is a loss compared to an attack, but a gain when you can't attack. They could be really simple things like you spend a GCD, and your next attack does bonus holy damage or something. Seal of Light is a poor example because it costs your entire store of Holy Power and it lasts a long, long time (so you won't be using it frequently).

I have to say it really sucks not having Supplication too. Until you get the Flash of Light talents, Flash is pretty weakness as well.

By the way, just so you guys know, Divine Hammer no longer grants Holy Power unless it deals damage during its duration. So you can't use it out of combat to charge up Holy Power.

Worth noting that the change has no effect on the actual damage Divine Hammer does, as the duration has also been upped to 10 seconds. It's hard to say if it will impact the rotation speed much. Basically you use Divine Hammer 25% less frequently, but it generates 100% more Holy Power (so net of 75% Holy Power gain?)
    i misread.

- - - Updated - - -

im curious how this blade change will improve the rotation... if anything, i feel it makes zeal stronger.
    Last edited by garonne; 2016-06-22 at 05:17 AM.

its not 100%, it was 1 every 8 sec, now its 2 every 10 secs.
    I'd rather have the 2 HP up front and wait longer. The problem before was that Blade generated 2 at once but Divine Hammer didn't, so it felt like 2 different rotations and there was a VERY glaring hole in the rotation with Divine Hammer where you felt like you had just missed an opportunity that you didn't with Blade. It made the AoE rotation stupid, so hopefully better now.

The removal of 35% nerf on 2nd Judged target, and the buff on Greater Judgement, was nice too
    Last edited by Bormec; 2016-06-22 at 05:11 AM.

its not 100%, it was 1 every 8 sec, now its 2 every 10 secs.
    What ruiizu was saying is that it generates 2 HP instead of just 1 so a 100% increase on HP generation at the cost of 25% reduction in frequency which nets 60% overall increase in HP generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bormec View Post
    I'd rather have the 2 HP up front and wait longer. The problem before was that Blade generated 2 at once but Divine Hammer didn't, so it felt like 2 different rotations and there was a VERY glaring hole in the rotation with Divine Hammer where you felt like you had just missed an opportunity that you didn't with Blade. It made the AoE rotation stupid, so hopefully better now.

The removal of 35% nerf on 2nd Judged target, and the buff on Greater Judgement, was nice too
    i understood all that, just saying its not a 100% increase... is more 60% increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosinciter View Post
    What ruiizu was saying is that it generates 2 HP instead of just 1 so a 100% increase on HP generation at the cost of 25% reduction in frequency which nets 60% overall increase in HP generation.
    gotcha, i misread.

I'm pretty sure Divine Hammer was already better on any amount of targets over 1. Now it's gonna be mandatory, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Virtue's Blade and Blade of Wrath are just not interesting imo. Bring on the big dick cleave!