Quote Originally Posted by Gistwiki View Post

Elemental Mastery and Aftershock need a bit of tuning on the single-target end. Elemental Mastery is very clearly better for any setup that includes Ascendance, which for single-target at the least is the best 100 talent.

Did Ascendance get buffed at all?

As always, thanks for the write-up Gist! Your 6.2 guide helped me a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Did Ascendance get buffed at all?

As always, thanks for the write-up Gist! Your 6.2 guide helped me a ton.

Crit rating increases the damage of lava bust during ascendance now in Legion.
    Last edited by Omnious; 2016-06-21 at 06:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnious View Post
    Crit rating increases the damage of lava bust during ascendance now in Legion.
    Which could potentially force a screw up of stat weighs tbh.... Haste/Mastery and Now Crit just to make a Talent work better....dumb design

Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post
    Which could potentially force a screw up of stat weighs tbh.... Haste/Mastery and Now Crit just to make a Talent work better....dumb design
    Actually, this mechanic is supposed to keep crit useful even if you focus on Lava Burst.

Crit is a pretty decent stat for any non Lava burst spell as Elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistwiki View Post
    I've been keeping an eye on things, though I haven't been able to play as much as I would like because of work.

However, now that most outstanding issues with simc have been fixed I'll probably be doing a 7.0 primer in the next few weeks on the official forums.

So far as the talents that people have been describing as dead goes, here's my opinion:

T60 - EB may need a very slight bump as the niche's overlap between it and EoTE, but they're close enough that it should maintain use.

T75 - Like I said I can't be sure of the strength of PE, but ideally it will wind up just behind the other two. A fire & forget talent like PE should be the weakest slot on the tier, but not far enough behind that it feels like a trap to take it.

T100 - Liquid Magma is the other talent that's dead to me at the moment. It's a weaker Earthquake with no MP cost that lasts 50% longer. It currently feels weaker than just pressing chain lightning for more Earthquakes right now. It either needs a simple numbers boost so that each individual tick is at least stronger than earthquake totem ticks, or needs to have the damage it does condensed into a shorter duration.

LR could use some numbers buffs to help it catch up a bit further in non-EM circumstances, and Blizzard needs to decide how they want to handle the EM/Ascendance synergy or they'll have to live with those two being the default choices for almost every fight.

Overall I'm fairly satisfied with the talent tree. Ascendance/EM are a bit strong together and SET/LM need direct buffs, but beyond that our damage-dealing talents are in a good spot.
    basically all of the changes you mentioned happened except EB (the nerfed it)... any reason you think they'd have nerfed it?

Deleted
    They nerfed our elem artefact talent ( 2s reduction down from 3s).
    3 s was really cool because we could use ascendance and elem at the same time... Now it s not possible, I dont understand...
    More than that they give a boost to our mastery and LR + magma but for this two last it s not enough comparing to ascendance...
    Last build they nerfed lightning bolt and now artefact trait give 5% more damages... So finally it s a nerf for earlygame but good shen we ll have enough spell power
    I think magma and LR need to have much more buff and a good one for LR will be to proc on all target hit by CL
    Nevertheless we have nothing for earthquake: it seems that they don't want we use it for multitarget fight so why they boost it with an artefact trait?
    An other nerf to our earthshock: artefact trait gives less bonus damage

The important thing for me is that they are tuning. The minor buffs may not be deemed enough, but I assume they will be monitoring performance following these minor changes so that if that is indeed the case, it will be tuned further.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    The important thing for me is that they are tuning. The minor buffs may not be deemed enough, but I assume they will be monitoring performance following these minor changes so that if that is indeed the case, it will be tuned further.
    Like in WoD.

The damage of LM was almost doubled in the last patch. That's kinda huge. LR's damage was also buffed by 50%. These aren't minor buffs.

The Elementalist nerf kinda came out of nowhere though. Still no idea if Elemental-based builds are viable yet. Isn't it about time SE got buffed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    The damage of LM was almost doubled in the last patch. That's kinda huge. LR's damage was also buffed by 50%. These aren't minor buffs.

The Elementalist nerf kinda came out of nowhere though. Still no idea if Elemental-based builds are viable yet. Isn't it about time SE got buffed?
    25% to 40% and 20% to 30% is "almost doubled" or "buffed by 50%" to you?

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    25% to 40% and 20% to 30% is "almost doubled" or "buffed by 50%" to you?
    ... Well, yeah? Okay "almost doubled" is maybe a bit optimistic, but 25% to 40% is a 60% increase of it's inital damage (0.25/0.40=1.6) and yes, 20% to 30% of spellpower means, it does now 50% more damage than it did before. (say, in theory you had 500 spelldamage before... 20% of that was 100 damage... now it's 30% so 150 -> a 50% increase)

I think the confusion is that one of you is saying that the level of scaling has been doubled. Not total damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post

Think the buff is fine and for a lightning based build it is good single target boost, I just hope the devs come to their senses on the AE aspect of this spell and make CL apply it to all targets, because for AE it's a mechanical nightmare to keep it up on multiple targets.

Yeah I exaggerated the LM buff, but my point still stands. Numerically speaking, I disagree that these can be written off as minor buffs. LM will possibly become a competitive L100 choice.

The real question is whether LR can compete at all though. It's surprisingly simming quite well in AskMrRobot single-target fights but it's a pain in the ass to maintain on more than 2 or 3 targets. When we think of the new restrictions to talents and trying to pick a build which can be flexible in AoE, ST, cleave etc situations, LR is kind of annoying. Ascendance is a proper single target ability, LM is a proper AoE ability, LR is a mix between the two but feels like it doesn't proc enough.

Think the buff is fine and for a lightning based build it is good single target boost,
    Here's hoping a lightning based build can be viable as well, the prospect of being able to swap between various permutations of lava, lightning, CD-heavy or CD-lite builds is awesome but could be overshadowed by stuff like Ascendance+EM+PE.

EDIT: Just one more thing to note, they are beggining to nerf some AoE abilites on melee classes as well, so hopefully someone on Beta can let us know if the gap between melee and ranged AoE power is closing.
    Last edited by trm90; 2016-06-22 at 12:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Restoration & Elemental
    Healing Surge A quick but expensive surge of healing energy that restores [ 450% [ 475% of Spell Power ] of a friendly target's health. Shaman - Restoration & Elemental Spec. 18% 20% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.

Um why?????

Honestly is 25 percent going to even change anything? How many will be have to cast to even hit half health from 1 percent? Will we oom if that is the case, i just dont understand the design anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maddrox84 View Post
    Think the buff is fine and for a lightning based build it is good single target boost, I just hope the devs come to their senses on the AE aspect of this spell and make CL apply it to all targets, because for AE it's a mechanical nightmare to keep it up on multiple targets.
    It just seems that they have pretty much Finally given up on Earth Quake tbh, I mean it isnt too hard that if you talent into this to alt tab CL spam for AOE with a few flameshocks and lavabursts in the mix aswell. Just saying even tho it is clunky in our minds it could mean something potentially good for the spec as a Whole....Yes yes i hate the concept of Earthquake.

I Miss My Wrath/early Cata - Hamburger Patty Earthquake...that thing hit like a truck.

I won't say the sky is falling with this spec quite yet. I do like the ability to go lightening, fire, or ice so the rotations feel different and fun. I just worry if the umph will be there so you don't feel underpowered like in WoD. I'm hoping the nerfing of our ability to heal allows them to buff our damage. But going OOM so fast with no health to show for it feels bad and right now I don't think the damage makes up for that loss yet. Fingers crossed though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Applefriter View Post
    I won't say the sky is falling with this spec quite yet. I do like the ability to go lightening, fire, or ice so the rotations feel different and fun.
    The way you're wording this sounds like you actually had a choice between these Elements, where in fact, you dont. Nothing changed except that you got a new ice themed ability, which is very weak currently and a passive proc lightning themed ability.

There. Is. No. Choice.

Ele is a dumpster fire. The good news, however, is that my hunter is a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Ele is a dumpster fire. The good news, however, is that my hunter is a blast.
    What hunter spec are you playing.. I toyed with BM but its boring and the pets are softer than a naked arcane mage.

BM is boring, MM requires a aquired taste but Surv is fun(probleam is that its another melee)