Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Take this october for example.

Mafia 3
    Battlefield 1
    Civilization 6
    The Last Guardian
    Titanfall 2
    The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Special Edition

To name a few, there is no chance i could pay full price for all of them and i want them all. There is simply to many games comming out at the same time, and this is the same with all months, in may i had to buy Warhammer, DOOM, Fallout 4: Far Harbor DLC, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Overwatch, The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine expansion.

I had to skip a few of those to.

How the hell am i supposed to buy them all at full price?
    You buy the ones with multiplayer that you just really really want to play, torrent the rest, and wait patiently for sales or bundles (a.k.a. full games without content cut from them and sold separately) to buy them.

I work for a webapp that provides a useful service. But we've worked damn hard to make sure fraud is difficult (too many purchases from the same card, checking that the card is stolen and blacklisting that IP if so, too many different credit cards used on the same account, etc. etc.). We also refund valid fraud claims. We do this for exactly this situation: we don't want to become a hub of fraudulent users and have it demolish our reputation.

If G2A did not have these kinds of checks in place, then they were either complacent or they didn't think ahead and must face the consequences. Such is the world of online services.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    I work for a webapp that provides a useful service. But we've worked damn hard to make sure fraud is difficult (too many purchases from the same card, checking that the card is stolen and blacklisting that IP if so, too many different credit cards used on the same account, etc. etc.). We also refund valid fraud claims. We do this for exactly this situation: we don't want to become a hub of fraudulent users and have it demolish our reputation.

If G2A did not have these kinds of checks in place, then they were either complacent or they didn't think ahead and must face the consequences. Such is the world of online services.
    Your system tracks purchases made fraudulently, G2A has the same system in place. Your system can't track if the purchased goods beeing sold were acquiered fraudulently, just like them, you have to rely on users feedback and notice patterns with specific sellers in order to blacklist/ban them.

G2A is very quick to answer to those claims and refunds people who got revoked keys, otherwise, they have absolutely no way of knowing if the game seller Y is selling was gotten legally or not.

Note that it's exactly the same for Ebay, Amazon or Newegg. If G2A is shaddy in some people's minds, then so are those websites and every single classified adds website too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    G2A is very quick to answer to those claims and refunds people who got revoked keys, otherwise, they have absolutely no way of knowing if the game seller Y is selling was gotten legally or not.
    All for the low low price of buying the G2A Shield!

Note that it's exactly the same for Ebay, Amazon or Newegg. If G2A is shaddy in some people's minds, then so are those websites and every single classified adds website too.
    Note how it's not exactly the same, when you read the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    G2A knowingly allows the sell of stolen goods on there site and handwaves any responsibility. You support them you support people stealing. Its that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    @Judy Hopps ebay actively attempts to remove people selling stolen or fake goods. Amazon will IMMEDIATELY ban anyone who is even suggested of doing such a thing (If you send 2 messages to a seller including the words counterfeit, fake, etc. their account will get banned until they can bring up evidence that proves their products are authentic)

It's not even really comparable to ebay where outside of certain exceptions you can usually expect your product to be authentic. This is closer to buying burned discs from carboot/garage sales/markets that you pretty much know are illegitimate - or at least many of them are - but choose to ignore it because it's a good price.
    I just found these in the terms
    3.12 In case of any violation of these Terms and Conditions and the law in force, etc. by the Seller, G2A.COM reserves its right and possibility to block the Seller’s account. Provisions 3.8 and 3.9 above are applied do the Sellers’ accounts respectively.

3.15 The account of the Seller and the Selling User may be blocked if it is noticed that the products put on sale by the Seller or the Selling User are faulty or had already been used.
    Report the seller if you think the keys haven't been paid for. Stop blaming a marketplace for its users.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    I just found these in the terms

Report the seller if you think the keys haven't been paid for. Stop blaming a marketplace for its users.
    Doesn't that go back to exactly what Tech said about G2A Shield though?

Sure, they might take action against the seller, but it says nothing about a refund.

Isn't G2A Shield there so you don't have to contact the actual seller about a refund?

Isn't G2A Shield there so you don't have to contact the actual seller about a refund?
    Isn't this a paid subscription service, while other retailers like Amazon/Ebay provide this for free? And can't you only cancel in the last few days of your sub? Because I've read that in a few places and if it's true that's incredibly shady.

All I'm finding is that it's basically a guarantee that you'll get your money back or the code you bought.

I'm not sure what contacting the actual seller will do though, since all G2A can really do is ban them.

Either way, it seems ridiculously crazy that you have to pay extra to be ensured for your goods that you bought. Compare it to somewhere like Amazon or Ebay, where they'll step in without needing to be paid extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    All I'm finding is that it's basically a guarantee that you'll get your money back or the code you bought.

I'm not sure what contacting the actual seller will do though, since all G2A can really do is ban them.

Either way, it seems ridiculously crazy that you have to pay extra to be ensured for your goods that you bought. Compare it to somewhere like Amazon or Ebay, where they'll step in without needing to be paid extra.
    Pretty much because G2A is a puppet company operating in Hong Kong and avoiding western laws. G2A is the equivalent of Al Capone running a bar and claiming he's a legit business. There is shady people behind the "company" which are basically enabling and profiting off of a black market of digital goods.

I'm sure there's shady stuff going on at g2a, but there are legit sellers on there too selling game keys they won't use. I don't think there's anything wrong with legally selling keys for cheaper than full price. As long as the key was obtained legally I don't give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    I'm sure there's shady stuff going on at g2a, but there are legit sellers on there too selling game keys they won't use. I don't think there's anything wrong with legally selling keys for cheaper than full price. As long as the key was obtained legally I don't give a damn.
    Oh yea?

So how are all these AAA keys acquired on/before release dates for much cheaper then MSRP if it's just honest people trying to sell game keys they won't use? You could say they got them with graphics cards, but there are much more games not given for free with gpus then ones that are yet it happens with them all.

Nobody gives a shit and joe schmo selling some keys he got in a bundle that aren't even worth $1 each, that isn't where G2A is making big money.

This thread is both great, and greatly depressing. I'm not really sure which has the overpowering presence.

A few things:

Those complaining about too many games coming out in month X, maybe you should grow up and learn some kind of restraint... You don't need to buy every single big title each month, and you sure as hell shouldn't have the time to play that many games if you're actually spending your money wisely (coming from a basically unemployed Uni student who has a shitload of time).

Those attacking G2A based on the 'credit card fraud' stuff. First of all, it may be true, it may not be. There is no conclusive evidence, but it's very possibly that people are using game keys along with things such as in-game credit in other games to launder stolen credit card money. Fact of the matter is as long as G2A themselves aren't doing it, it shouldn't really be their issue. Or do you hate eBay for the fact there are cheap Chinese knock-off's of X on there constantly? It's up to the game developers, the credit card companies and the respective law enforcer's to deal with any stolen CC's, not G2A.

Those defending G2A on the basis of the fact their games are 'cheap'. Maybe you should just not buy the game's you feel are such a rip-off, whether CoD, Battlefield or something else. Only by lack of sales will their formula change. The consumer literally has all the power in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Killua Zoldyck View Post
    This thread is both great, and greatly depressing. I'm not really sure which has the overpowering presence.

A few things:

Those complaining about too many games coming out in month X, maybe you should grow up and learn some kind of restraint... You don't need to buy every single big title each month, and you sure as hell shouldn't have the time to play that many games if you're actually spending your money wisely (coming from a basically unemployed Uni student who has a shitload of time).

Those attacking G2A based on the 'credit card fraud' stuff. First of all, it may be true, it may not be. There is no conclusive evidence, but it's very possibly that people are using game keys along with things such as in-game credit in other games to launder stolen credit card money. Fact of the matter is as long as G2A themselves aren't doing it, it shouldn't really be their issue. Or do you hate eBay for the fact there are cheap Chinese knock-off's of X on there constantly? It's up to the game developers, the credit card companies and the respective law enforcer's to deal with any stolen CC's, not G2A.

Those defending G2A on the basis of the fact their games are 'cheap'. Maybe you should just not buy the game's you feel are such a rip-off, whether CoD, Battlefield or something else. Only by lack of sales will their formula change. The consumer literally has all the power in this regard.
    And in today's class of fence sitting 101...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh yea?
    You could say they got them with graphics cards, but there are much more games not given for free with gpus then ones that are yet it happens with them all.
    I never said that lol

I never said that lol
    Way to cut out the entire post, way to imply I said you said that when in fact I was just covering up and saving time from someone trying that excuse as a reply.

Way to go, you get a participation award.

Way to cut out the entire post, way to imply I said you said that when in fact I was just covering up and saving time from someone trying that excuse as a reply.

Way to go, you get a participation award.
    "Trying that excuse"
    You obviously have a very solid opinion on this and are attempting to beat people to death with it. Good luck buddy.

"Trying that excuse"
    You obviously have a very solid opinion on this and are attempting to beat people to death with it. Good luck buddy.
    Meanwhile, it's all innocent people "selling keys they don't want" of brand new games at far lower then MSRP. This is what you said. If G2A had a majority of honest, innocent sellers it wouldn't be making anywhere near the money it is.

They actively advertise sellers clearly selling keys acquired in shady manners. Yet you tried to defend them. So yes, I will laugh at your post and your premise trying to defend them. Your argument is basically like saying a meth dealer isn't a scumbag because he has to get his drugs from a supplier, they're the real bad guy! Not the middle man profiting off of it!

Meanwhile, it's all innocent people "selling keys they don't want" of brand new games at far lower then MSRP. This is what you said. If G2A had a majority of honest, innocent sellers it wouldn't be making anywhere near the money it is.

They actively advertise sellers clearly selling keys acquired in shady manners. Yet you tried to defend them. So yes, I will laugh at your post and your premise trying to defend them. Your argument is basically like saying a meth dealer isn't a scumbag because he has to get his drugs from a supplier, they're the real bad guy! Not the middle man profiting off of it!
    The first sentence of my post said "I'm sure there is shady stuff going on at g2a."
    Also, what is wrong with you I basically agreed with you that there was shady stuff and then said there are also soem legit sellers too.
    Are you just a crazy person?

The first sentence of my post said "I'm sure there is shady stuff going on at g2a."
    Also, what is wrong with you I basically agreed with you that there was shady stuff and then said there are also soem legit sellers too.
    Are you just a crazy person?
    Don't try to defend an enabler because a small portion of their business might actually be legit. Exactly what you did. If said drug dealer example from above donates a small portion of his profits to a charity does that suddenly make him a good guy? No...