Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Welcome in to Vanilla
    You want it and blizzard provide it
    Well is not exacly the same but uses same conception (insane grind something)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    OP is a legacy dude, check his post history. He just doesnt run out of stuff to whine about. Trust me if blizz made easy artifact weapons on all alts, like what he is suggesting, he will be the 1st one here to qq, "OMFG blizz theres nothing to do now, i geard all my alts with full artifact weapons, qq theres no sense of progression qq it wasnt like this in vanilla, GIEF ME LECACY SERVERS OMGGGG".

He has ALOT of conflicting replies. His sig says "Pro-Legacy / Pro-Pristine", yet he whines about not being able to transmog, and bad class balancing. Then hes talking about how players will burnout, "doing stuff all over again on an alt". Then another reply he was talking about that"every alt should have to progress on highmaul, BRF before jumping to HFC ". See im REALLY REALY confused by all this, like seriously.
    Your post shows perfectly how wide the game experience and how to play varies between people like op and you. I doubt OP cares about the leveling or heirlooms or huge timesinks or any rpg element that got scrapped back then. A lot people including me were powergamer even back, non endgame content (meaning mostly not even easy 5m dungeons) were never cared about. All classes in a raid environment, playing on a very high level in terms of individual player-skill. And for that it's frustrating to progress every character again when you finally did the casual content leveling and geared up only to realize that you cannot close another progress gap to be competitive and have to raid weeks on all alts knowing that others have a huge wanted-by-game-design a advantage over you even if you have same or even slightly better gear.

This is not about being viable, this is about competing. And that has become insanely time-intensive to impossible since MoP up to Legion when you play the game as you played it before (meaning hardcore altoholic, not caring about casual content).

The whole focus on one character dogma is something many players who did not play high-end content or at least don't want to discover all classes and how to play them competitive brought up to.
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2016-06-22 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    It's funny that no one has mentioned the fact, that blizzard can add catch up stuff in content patches
    What's funny is the fact that they did and you just didn't read the thread did you?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    This is not about being viable, this is about competing. And that has become insanely time-intensive to impossible since MoP up to Legion when you play the game as you played it before (meaning hardcore altoholic, not caring about casual content).

The whole focus on one character dogma is something many players who did not play high-end content or at least don't want to discover all classes and how to play them competitive brought up to.
    This is also my main problem with the current system, the other parts the OP made are also true, but some of them are just mostly minor details. The huge time sink required to make a character competitive (not just soso-viable) is just prohibitive when looking at how artifact weapons currently work. A lot of the super grindy parts of diablo 3 are being brought over to WoW and I just don't like it.

And the main problem for me is that those "grindy" parts are not even connected to parts of the game I find fun but to the most mindless and boring things I have to put characters through to get to the game play part I like. And it's also not something to get quickly "over with" by grinding it out because of its innate design with artifact research slows you down at the start intentionally.

I have only one question

For example i have a mage

I make the quest for fire right?

Ok, blizz told us that we will be getting the second artifact weapon early on expansion. so after that i got frost. but my main spect for the first patch of the exp will be fire so all my artifact power that i will spend is going to the fire AW.

What happen if i respect for frost????, i have to start again to get AP for the frost AW??? if that is the case damn he is right that the off spect will be lose....otherway will be that if i repect i get all the AP on a pool so i can repect and use all my AW of all my spect and i dont have a second spect that obviously hit/heal worst than main....

Can anybody explain how will be the system on AP (Artifact Power), cause i have hear that u have to get AP for one weapon and is not shared for other spects....

Deleted
    Yes, when you get artifact power only for your current spec and weapon only. Though it comes mostly in token form so you can earn it while playing one spec and spend it on another. So you if try and maximize your power in a single spec and put all your artifact power into the artifact of that spec only it's stuck in there. There are ways to respec artifact power (which also causes artifact power itself, so you won't do it very often since it's hurting you) but that is just within a single weapon tree. There is currently no way to transfer artifact power from one weapon to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzunade View Post
    I have only one question

For example i have a mage

I make the quest for fire right?

Ok, blizz told us that we will be getting the second artifact weapon early on expansion. so after that i got frost. but my main spect for the first patch of the exp will be fire so all my artifact power that i will spend is going to the fire AW.

What happen if i respect for frost????, i have to start again to get AP for the frost AW??? if that is the case damn he is right that the off spect will be lose....otherway will be that if i repect i get all the AP on a pool so i can repect and use all my AW of all my spect and i dont have a second spect that obviously hit/heal worst than main....

Can anybody explain how will be the system on AP (Artifact Power), cause i have hear that u have to get AP for one weapon and is not shared for other spects....
    Expansion starts = Artifact 1
    102 = Artifact 2
    108? Artifact 3 (not sure on this one, might have changed).

Then you collect artifact power which you will put into 1 artifact, or spread across many. I think the first 13 points in an artifact are cheap and will be done by 110 just through questing but further points are very expensive, and each point becomes more expensive. So it will be fairly easy to get all 3 artifacts to the first 13 talent points but afterwards you will need to focus on 1, really you've already wasted AP if you're spreading them across 2-3.

After that it will take months to fully level 1 artifact, splitting it between two will obviously be double the work so you will really need to choose. If you choose a spec that is underperforming or you decide later you want to switch then you will have a LOT of catchup work to do. Tuning can change things and it depends on spec but it's not unusual for the artifact traits to double your dps or more, or for them to completely enable a spec to work competitively..

So if you choose the wrong spec you are pretty much fucked for the start of the expansion, later on it will be fine but at the start you will be fucked so hard.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-06-22 at 11:29 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    how are you gonna know which spec will do the most dps before you even played the expac? hell every month it could change depending on nerfs buffs, will i get all my AP back if my spec gets nerfed and i have to roll another one?
    We don't know but that shouldn't stop Blizzard from implementing an idea like this, as I said. I've already pretty much decided to play Sub because I like how it plays. I'm having a bit of faith in Blizzard because not everything is designed around raiding numbers and frankly balance is the best it's ever been in the game. The last tier was excessive on purpose, Blizzard already said that, hence the nerfs to those items in 7.0.3

Looking at the worst specs for classes over tier 18, if you look at Destro lock and Survival Hunter, you might say they kept them deliberately bad because they knew they would be changing them so much they wanted people to think they needed "fixing" or changing before removing iconic abilities such as metamorphosis to lessen the backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    We don't know but that shouldn't stop Blizzard from implementing an idea like this, as I said. I've already pretty much decided to play Sub because I like how it plays. I'm having a bit of faith in Blizzard because not everything is designed around raiding numbers and frankly balance is the best it's ever been in the game. The last tier was excessive on purpose, Blizzard already said that, hence the nerfs to those items in 7.0.3

Looking at the worst specs for classes over tier 18, if you look at Destro lock and Survival Hunter, you might say they kept them deliberately bad because they knew they would be changing them so much they wanted people to think they needed "fixing" or changing before removing iconic abilities such as metamorphosis to lessen the backlash.
    no, i love the idea, the problem is with the execution, it shouldnt fuck over mythic raiders who are the most likely to swap specs frequently and minmax every little thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. These weapons are a disgrace. I wish people would stop defending vanilla talent trees bolted onto weapons. Grind out 5/10/15% extra damage on a skill? Sounds like a fucking hit
    Wrath baby and proud of it

The only "problem" with the artifact is the same from the last 2 xpacs with the legendary quests.. if you have to reroll to help your raid, you're screwed.

I know for a fact I won't be doing world quests on 2 characters.. but i do usually raid on 2 characters and this will be an issue at some point.

The rest is people complaining about how pretty their character is (geez, you have an artifact weapon, strongest thing you can have in the game.. why would you xmog Ashbringer???) and about the fact they are trying to bring back class identity and trying to enforce that if you're a mage, you're not 3 specs as efficiently as you can, which I believe is a good thing.. meaningful choices is always good for the game.

But there will be plenty of catch up mechanics along the road (other than artifact knowledge), you're just screwed if you're trying to have alts ready in the first weeks.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-06-24 at 06:42 AM.