Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I edited to the title to not be confusing, feel free to send me a PM if that's not what you meant and I'll fix it
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

A lot have come and gone over the years. There are 4 of them I still talk to on a regular basis (even outside of WoW, through Steam/email or whatever else).

10+ Year Old Account

I've never really been able to connect with anyone enough for me to want to become friends with them so I just worry about my friends in real life. If I make a friend on WoW, cool, it's nice to have an actual friend on WoW but if not I don't give a shit. I'm just here to play WoW and have fun not to make friends. I mean that's not to say I don't talk to people or anything it's just I'm not going out there putting a priority on searching for a friend. If I find an opportunity to say something to someone I'll do it. Most of the time though I don't bother anymore because half the time they never respond, like I'm talking to some robot. In general, people in this game have become so cynical and antisocial anymore so I find it pointless to try and engage in a conversation with someone. I guess I'm just not that interesting of a person.

Whatever though, like I said I'm not playing WoW to make friends. It's probably because of this kind of shit too that rubbed off on me which made me not say much to people anymore. I'm in a nice guild with nice people but I find it hard to connect with anyone. I don't say much because everytime I do it's ignored anyway. It's actually depressing sometimes.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-06-22 at 02:49 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Myself and 14 other guildmates met at Blizzcon 6 years straight. 3 of them are very good friends, one my kids even call aunt and she is very close to my wife as well. WoW did me a lot of good during a bad time in my life. Many of these people helped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I edited to the title to not be confusing, feel free to send me a PM if that's not what you meant and I'll fix it
    Thank you for changing it, my bad ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Few online friends but I also met my GF through WoW
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

I wonder how many friends were lost due to WoW addiction in the early days of WoW lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think i have more In game friends than I do outside of the gaming community.

Wife + 4 very good friends. I've also met thousands of people who I don't care to interact with again. It's just a hub where people mingle, like any other.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

10+ Year Old Account
    0 since they don't exist anymore
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

none anyone i met in wow the relationship lasted 1-2 years then I never heard from them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've met several friends in WoW over the years, some of which I still talk to and play other games with. I believe three I've met personally.

If we're using the word "friend" as opposed to "acquaintance" to mean someone who it would be appropriate to talk about your personal life with then zero. There's people I met while playing WoW that I would likely still play with again simply because they'd be familiar and we might still share some inside jokes but no one "personally connected beyond a single shared hobby."

That isn't meant to sound cold, obviously. Just that the wording is important.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

None!

I'm such a dungeon finder using, antisocial pig, I only have friends in real life.

Deleted
    how many friends i lost because of warcraft..

None. Like IRL i barely talk to people in game.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have four friends from my old guild in TBC and WotLK that I still keep in contact with via Facebook. Three of them don't really play anymore but we have kept in touch.

Currently I am really close with my guild. I have met a few in real life.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the more relevant question(s) you need to ask yourselves:

How many friends did you miss out on meeting because of WoW? How many real life relationships were stressed or deteriorated all together because of WoW? How many opportunities for personal growth did you miss out on because of WoW?

This game is fucking cancer and does nothing to help you as an individual, period. Don't even try to argue otherwise...playing video games is one of the most unproductive wastes of time in modern human existence.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I think the more relevant question(s) you need to ask yourselves:

How many friends did you miss out on meeting because of WoW? How many real life relationships were stressed or deteriorated all together because of WoW? How many opportunities for personal growth did you miss out on because of WoW?

This game is fucking cancer and does nothing to help you as an individual, period. Don't even try to argue otherwise...playing video games is one of the most unproductive wastes of time in modern human existence.
    Thats only true for addicted players. I actually met and made friends that i will forever remember and probably be friends with forever.
    Also made a lot of enemies though.
    If you never replace a meeting with friends IRL with a session of playing WoW then you end up making more IRL friends, not less.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only made one friend that I've gotten to know outside of the game. Played with him in BC and he was the greatest PvP rogue I had ever seen. He showed me all sorts of cool stuff and honestly he's the reason I got so much better at the game. Sadly he stopped playing about half way through Wrath but he's a cool guy and I still talk to him from time to time on Facebook. I had actually met him when I was very young (teens) and he was already an adult. Might have been weird but he always kept it very adult/mentor type and I learned a lot from talking with him. I got to know his girlfriend a bit too but she was kind of introverted and mostly didn't talk in our parties.

And didn't meet him in game but I got a lot closer to one of my irl friends when I found out one day he played and I decided to switch servers and join him. We played all throughout MoP and did everything together. Made our friendship so much stronger