The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pete and MJ have needed to brought back together for ages. Their relationship was one of the best things about Spider-Man.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Burt Reynolds as Tony? Al Pacino as Bucky? Greg Hines as Falcon? It's like the people who made these just scrolled through an IMDB by decade actors list and picked people who were the right ethnicity without too much regard for actual fit for the role. Each decade gets progressively worse to where the 90s is some hell world envisioned for us by Joel Schumaker and Michael Bay brought back through time from now.
    That's the POINT, man. The casting is based entirely upon era popularity! It'd be ridiculous!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    That's the POINT, man. The casting is based entirely upon era popularity! It'd be ridiculous!
    Yeah because Sebastian Stan was really well known before he played Bucky......

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    he's talking about the pictures with different era castings. Not the current cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Remember when Arnold Schwarzenegger was cast to play Mr Freeze? It was a different era, man
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ddaammnnnnnn. Doctor Strange: Last days of magic was amazing this month, really loving this arc. Also REALLY loving Zelma, but for different reasons.

Thor was... Better than the last couple of months, where the shitty faux watercolour artwork gave me a fucking migraine... It seems they're starting off a new arc and I like where it's going, mostly because it seems to be going somewhere very bad for Dario Agger and that's always a good thing in my books. Really loved the "One percent of the one percent" meeting as well, some big names from The world of Marvel Villains there.

Still though... where the fuck is Odinson? We saw him a few issues back, then we got that bullshit flashback arc and now nothing. We need the Odinson damnit!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Ddaammnnnnnn. Doctor Strange: Last days of magic was amazing this month, really loving this arc. Also REALLY loving Zelma, but for different reasons.

Thor was... Better than the last couple of months, where the shitty faux watercolour artwork gave me a fucking migraine... It seems they're starting off a new arc and I like where it's going, mostly because it seems to be going somewhere very bad for Dario Agger and that's always a good thing in my books. Really loved the "One percent of the one percent" meeting as well, some big names from The world of Marvel Villains there.

Still though... where the fuck is Odinson? We saw him a few issues back, then we got that bullshit flashback arc and now nothing. We need the Odinson damnit!
    you make me so jelly about new comics while i wait here for marvel unlimited to update
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you make me so jelly about new comics while i wait here for marvel unlimited to update
    Said it before, I'll say it again. Speaking from experience FUCK Marvel Unlimited, terrible terrible service.

Comixology is better in pretty much every way, and now that it's linked with Amazon it's even easier.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Said it before, I'll say it again.
    So I used to say this too, but they gave a free month a while back and I tried it out and it was much better. (PC) The load times instead of being infinity were pretty normal and considering that it is a subscription service instead of pay by the book, you really can't beat the value.

I can't speak to if they have improved their interface/loading on devices, but on PC it appears to be fine. They give out free months all the time, so may as well try it again if you are interested. They added most of the old Doc Strange stuff so it was quite cool.
    BAD WOLF

Said it before, I'll say it again. Speaking from experience FUCK Marvel Unlimited, terrible terrible service.

Comixology is better in pretty much every way, and now that it's linked with Amazon it's even easier.
    i wouldnt say that. getting pretty much all the titles for a flat fee is pretty great. sure its 6 months later, but if you havent read comics in 6 months or more that doesnt really matter as you're still getting new issues on the reg
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by TheSweetness View Post
    Young Robert Redford. Unf, yes. (But who would play Pierce? )

Season 3 of SHIELD is up on Netflix. Can finally catch up now.
    Some people in this thread need to catch up on even season 2 by some of the discussions that have been had especially since they don't get it's part of the MCU.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt say that. getting pretty much all the titles for a flat fee is pretty great. sure its 6 months later, but if you havent read comics in 6 months or more that doesnt really matter as you're still getting new issues on the reg
    Eh... I'd rather pay a small amount for the comics I actually want than a flat fee for access to a bunch of comics I'll never read.

Also: I like that comixology has Marvel, DC, Shonen Jump and independent comics. Variety is good.

Eh... I'd rather pay a small amount for the comics I actually want than a flat fee for access to a bunch of comics I'll never read.

Also: I like that comixology has Marvel, DC, Shonen Jump and independent comics. Variety is good.
    yeah but i wanna read ALLLLLLLLLL the comics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh... I'd rather pay a small amount for the comics I actually want
    I had to stop buying comics completely now b/c this 'small amount' was $2-300 a month. I could read MarvelU for many years with that much money.
    BAD WOLF

So is Sam Wilson part of some black only superhero club?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I had to stop buying comics completely now b/c this 'small amount' was $2-300 a month. I could read MarvelU for many years with that much money.
    Yeah, if I was spending even 1/10 of that, I'd probably be on Unlimited to! But the amount I'm spending, plus the lack of release delay and the ability to dip into DC ETC, makes Comixology a better fit for me.

Plus they do CRAZY bundles at like 80% off every so often.

yeah but i wanna read ALLLLLLLLLL the comics.
    tbh... If you only want to read older comics, there are sites where you can do that for free. I personally don't use them, but they exist.

Yeah, if I was spending even 1/10 of that, I'd probably be on Unlimited to! But the amount I'm spending, plus the lack of release delay and the ability to dip into DC ETC, makes Comixology a better fit for me.

Plus they do CRAZY bundles at like 80% off every so often.

tbh... If you only want to read older comics, there are sites where you can do that for free. I personally don't use them, but they exist.
    the bulk of the comics i read are marvel comics. so im good with unlimited.

i pretty much only spend money outside of unlimited on invader zim, idw ninja turtles, and a couple dc books like the stuff with dick grayson and the batman beyond stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to start my DC collection again with Rebirth... Till I saw that they're batshit insane and each character has two, sometimes three separate comics.

Wtf is the point of a rebirth if you're going to make the continuity even MORE complex?

I'll stick with the classic stuff.

Also: it's REALLY worth checking out the recent Transformers comics... Holy shit they're good.

I think they only have one comic per character with the exception of Batman. I haven't been following the superman comics so I'm a little confused about there being the superman of the new 52 who is dead and then they have another superman thats from another reality with another lois and they have a kid. And Lex Luthor is also superman.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd think.

But I was on comixology today and there are two separate Green Arrow comics both coming out today, both called Green Arrow #1. There are also two Green Lanterns, one Hal Jordan Green Lantern and a full fucking THREE superman, the two you mentioned plus one called "Action Comics Superman". Batman gets the same treatment, with two called "Batman Rebirth" and one called "Detective Comics: Batman".

Who knows, maybe I'm being stupid and just misreading things, but from what I can see, rebirth is a giant clusterfuck. Incoming reboot in 2/3 years.