Deleted

An Alternative Warrior Order Hall

So many of us warriors dislike the current Order Hall we have, not because the idea is bad, but because all it has storywise is FUCKING VYRKUL. So seeing as Blizzard scraped the original idea that we would be the leaders of the living Valarjar and had us gather the greatest warriors of Azeroth in the Halls I came up with another idea of what I would've made the Warrior Order Hall.

The Renewed offence

We begin as always in Dalaran when a hooded messenger arrives telling us that Danath Trollbane or Saurfang depending on your faction is gathering a small force of warriors to assault the Broken shores to avenge those who fell during the last battle of the Broken Shore. When you enter Krasus’ Landing you see warrior trainers you’ve met before, soldiers of either the Horde or Alliance again depending on who you serve and mercenaries hired to bolster their forces. At first you attempt to talk down these old veterans but both are convinced that this is something they must do and in the end you end up joining them.

These old dogs of war give a rousing speak to their forces letting them know that even if they fall they will ensure their names will be the thing that sends demons screaming in fear, the men cheer before you fly down once more onto the Broken Shore and once more into the fray.

At first the battle goes well, you are pushing back the demons you encounter, including Felguards, inquisitors and finally a Pit Lord before you encounter your rival a powerful Wrathguard general named Bhaal who has lured you into an ambush along with the other force of either Horde or Alliance just as you are about the face certain death the hooded figure teleports in, with Khadgar and Kalecgos bringing with them the Focusing Iris with it Khadgar and Kalec have enough power to teleport both forces to safety.

An order restored

Your forces are teleported not to Dalaran as you expected but to a large keep not human or orcish but almost...Elvish. The hooded figure reveals himself as Jarod Shadowsong, who has brought your forces here for a reason he intend to see the Rooksguard restored and his former lord’s hold will provide them with the perfect base of operation. At first Danath and Saurfang assume Jarod to take command of this new Rooksguard but he says no, while he intend to help, he has no desire to lead again but he has found someone he believes is the best suited for the job, they all of them turn to you.

But your opposing faction is unconvinced that you have what it takes to lead a force of both the Alliance and Horde. Danath feel that trusting a member of the Horde to lead is asking for betrayal while Saurfang does not trust your skill in leading a horde force, so they decide the best way to prove yourself...is to defeat them in single combat.

Naturally fighting these titans of the battlefield is no easy job but it’s what you are going to have to do if you want to in charge. After a legendary battle you are victorious and all acknowledge you as Captain of the Rooksguard and now...Lord(or Lady) of Black Rook Hold.

After this Jerod belives that to get others to come to the Hold and join they need to find you a weapon to serve as a symbol of your might, this is were we link up with the original questlines for the Artifacts only Khadgar is still around setting up a portal to Dalaran, who is nice enough to send you to the location of the artifact. Some alternations would be needed with the Scale of the Earth-Warder (Maybe have Wrathion help you instead of random Vyrkul #641) but after returning they Hold is shaping up, the couryard has trainers preparing the new recruits, engineers are building siege weapons in case the Legion attempt to assault your Order Hall and peons and peasants work repair this long deserted castle, in the center of the Hold your war council awaits, Jerod serves as your advisor and second in command both Danath and Saurfang are also there to serve as your commanders in the field. Between them is a large circular table with maps of all the continents of Azeroth as well as a detailed map of the Broken Isles, you now begin your quest to find the Pillars of Creation and turn back the Burning Legion.

And that’s the bascily idea of what I would of made in place of the Halls of Valor if I could make the Order Hall, naturally I know it too late for Blizzard to change anything and that moving the hall to Black Rook Hold would mean changing the storyline that’s currently there but again this is just my idea of what I’d rather have INSTEAD OF FUCKING VYRKUL! But let me know what you think. Is it a good change? Bad change? Needs more gnomes? Please let me know, and if you’d like to see my ideas for different Champions and troops let me know as well.

Deleted
    an elvish association instead of vrykul? wow, what has warriorship come down to xD
    I think more warriors like the current class hall than dislike it.

I think your idea is thought through and makes sense, but its just personal preference of race association. Its like wanting the mage class hall to be bloodelf themed (though blood elf mages are way more fitting than elvish warriors imo). I would LOVE a silvermoon tower and red / golden / green everywhere but dalaran is just the city of mages. Halls of Valor is too fitting to deny it as a class hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruh View Post
    an elvish association instead of vrykul? wow, what has warriorship come down to xD
    I think more warriors like the current class hall than dislike it.

I think your idea is thought through and makes sense, but its just personal preference of race association. Its like wanting the mage class hall to be bloodelf themed (though blood elf mages are way more fitting than elvish warriors imo). I would LOVE a silvermoon tower and red / golden / green everywhere but dalaran is just the city of mages. Halls of Valor is too fitting to deny it as a class hall.
    I think the point is that the elves have much more association with the story of Legion as a whole, as it's (at it's core) a basic retelling/continuation of the War of the Ancient saga. Once you play through Legion, you quickly realize that the Vrykul are tacked on, they don't exist outside of Stormheim and have nothing to do with the greater story being told (though obviously this could change if they are expanded upon in later expansions).

The other idea is that players are more likely to have a connection to Shadowsong, seeing that he is a reoccuring character with an established backstory, than they are to some random Vrykul.

As for the idea itself, it's not bad, certainly better than what we have now. FWIW I don't have a particular problem with the Halls of Valor (aside from the fact that it's largely a reused dungeon), or even the Vrykul themselves - I just have an issue with the narrative being told and it's lack of connection to Warriors. That's the major reason for people disliking what we have now, not that they simply don't like the Vrykul or the current class hall, but that it tells a conflicting story which only matters to itself.

My alternate idea was to take command of a Vrykul fortress on the Broken Shore, thereby retaining the Vrykul connection, but this, or even reusing Black Rook Hold could have worked as well with proper groundwork. That said, I don't expect anything to happen at this late stage in the game; there's simply not enough time and too much already invested in the current design to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I think the point is that the elves have much more association with the story of Legion as a whole, as it's (at it's core) a basic retelling/continuation of the War of the Ancient saga. Once you play through Legion, you quickly realize that the Vrykul are tacked on, they don't exist outside of Stormheim and have nothing to do with the greater story being told (though obviously this could change if they are expanded upon in later expansions).

The other idea is that players are more likely to have a connection to Shadowsong, seeing that he is a reoccuring character with an established backstory, than they are to some random Vrykul.

As for the idea itself, it's not bad, certainly better than what we have now. FWIW I don't have a particular problem with the Halls of Valor (aside from the fact that it's largely a reused dungeon), or even the Vrykul themselves - I just have an issue with the narrative being told and it's lack of connection to Warriors. My alternate idea was to take command of a Vrykul fortress on the Broken Shore, thereby tying together the Vrykul with the player factions, but this, or even reusing Black Rook Hold could have worked as well. That said, I don't expect anything to happen at this late stage in the game; there's simply not enough time and too much already invested in the current design to change it.
    The Vry'kul and their lore tie into what Sylvannas is doing, which will probably be continued via patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    The Vry'kul and their lore tie into what Sylvannas is doing, which will probably be continued via patches.
    Not what I was saying. I said that the Vrykul have no connection with the rest of Legion and they don't exist in the Broken Isles outside of Stormheim.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we should get an upgraded warsong hold as a class order hall. I'm pretty sure we're not using it anymore, and we can go hang out with saurfang while he threatens to kick the shit out of garrosh.