Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a gold spam removal Addon and I enjoy trolling /2. so no

Deleted
    I have chat windows tabs... one is without any global/area chats at all just /s /y /e /w I just switch between them depending on the need.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the random shenanigans that happen. Most of it is drivel but it's entertaining nonetheless.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    From time to time I have the urge to turn it off. It's just I'm a curious person and I like to see what people are saying. Sometimes they say something I never knew about, sometimes a person will ask a question that I am able to answer and of course other times it's just joking and trolling around. Besides I'm not in trade chat enough to be bothered by it. I'm not one of those people who log on just to chat in trade and duel people all day. I really don't understand how people do that, seems REALLY boring to me.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I can't remember the last time I had trade chat intentionally enabled (I've noticed that sometimes it wants to turn itself back on regardless). People rarely use it for its intended purpose these days anyway, at least on my server.

Everyone should use chatfilter addon.

Badboy is crap compared to that addon.

I have all spam in trade filtered, and can add words as bot's or my needs changes.

But meh....so many ppl playing wow with 2-10 addons never bothering
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post

seriously is there anyone else with a working brain still not turned it off ?
    Trade chat is love, Trade chat is LIFE.

Never forget Mal'Ganis-US Circa Wrath.. when you couldn't even see the text because it scrolled so fast. You actually had to get an add on just so you could see trade chat.

Without trade, I wouldn't even have half the crap I have - wouldn't of met the friends I have..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Addons only turn off the goldspammers and such, not the toxic players unfortunately.
    That's what I thought too, but according to another MMO-C poster, there are addons to BadBoy that let you filter out specific words. I haven't tried it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    That's what I thought too, but according to another MMO-C poster, there are addons to BadBoy that let you filter out specific words. I haven't tried it yet.
    chatfilter afaik it was called.

Basicly you go into the addon and write say Arena

now all sentences with word arena is ignored in all channels, whisper etc. least i think it ignored in all channels whisper..not subbed right now...want to test lol
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I just ignore people, not as in set them to ignored, I simply act like an adult and just ignore the idiotic banter.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I realized, that all global chats are useless for me long time ago and turned them off. No, I'm not anti-social. Ninja-looters are anti-social, low-level gankers are anti-social, LFR trolls are anti-social. And I'm simply non-social or asocial. Being introvert - isn't bad thing at all. Claiming the opposite - is discrimination.
    This and 90% of the thread = Special snowflake people

Circlejerking each other to think theyre smart for disabling chat in an MMORPG

Being so thin skinned that you cant take online chat, you need help, professional help.

I bet you idenfity as a genderfluid otherkin with a drop of wolf and magical unicorn ears in there, dont you lot?

topkek

I don't see many gold spammers anymore. On a server like moonguard us, those crazy trolls can be entertaining sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post

Being so thin skinned that you cant take online chat, you need help, professional help.

I bet you idenfity as a genderfluid otherkin with a drop of wolf and magical unicorn ears in there, dont you lot?

topkek
    You're sooo super edgy and cool! I mean it too, truly. God forbid some people don't like to see nonstop rubbish, most of it rehashed nonsense they've seen repeated over and over in chat for almost 12 years. Yes, people need pro help because they don't think like you, yet you talk about special snowflakes. Can't wait to see your third post though! I'm sure you'll find a way to throw in a bunch more cool buzzwords and tired phrases.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    It's a separate extension you need to download for Badboy.

Added "Anal" and "Boost", caused a huge portion of the spam to be blocked.
    what is the name of the extension for Badboy ?
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    what is the name of the extension for Badboy ?
    "BadBoy_CCleaner: Filter Crap From Chat" <------------------------

Also this one might be handy:

"BadBoy_Guilded: Block Guild Advertising"

http://mods.curse.com/search?game-sl...&search=badboy
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-06-23 at 07:32 AM.

topkek
    I haven't seen any useful messages there for ages - only spam, I had to report. And at some point I realized... BINGO! Why not just simply disable it??? How do this turn me into selfish? I've done the same in MWO (team FPS, like World of Tanks). Why? Because chat is used there only for complaining about jerks, who've voted for terrible map/mode (Snipe-oriented map, that makes all brawlers useless or cap-oriented mode, that makes all slow 'Mechs useless. Unfortunately there is no true democracy there due to vote multipliers and "bring the map/mode - not the player" principle, that allows trolls to eventually force their choices on others). I.e. it's the same principle, as in Wow 5ppls - you don't need chat, if everything is ok, and you need it only when something goes wrong. I realized, that me and other players complain about maps/modes too much and decided - no chat -> no complaining -> no bad mood. As simple, as that. If feature is useless or even has negative impact on your gameplay - why not just disable it?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

tl;dr

wall of pants too high, not enough health cargo

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    My realm is... erm... not very populated, so trade chat isn't a problem.
    noob

noob

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    You're sooo super edgy and cool! I mean it too, truly. God forbid some people don't like to see nonstop rubbish, most of it rehashed nonsense they've seen repeated over and over in chat for almost 12 years. Yes, people need pro help because they don't think like you, yet you talk about special snowflakes. Can't wait to see your third post though! I'm sure you'll find a way to throw in a bunch more cool buzzwords and tired phrases.

just play a singleplayer game like skyrim if you dont like player interaciton

chat is a major parts of online multiplayer games, but i guess trade chat is too much for you, thus triggering you.

Keep being anti-social though, im sure you wish you had a script to hide certain words on forums too :^)

10+ Year Old Account
    just play a singleplayer game like skyrim if you dont like player interaciton

chat is a major parts of online multiplayer games, but i guess trade chat is too much for you, thus triggering you.

Keep being anti-social though, im sure you wish you had a script to hide certain words on forums too :^)
    99% of the shit those kids say in trade chat, they would not say in a social setting though. That's hardly a valid comparison.