3 2.80%
  • No

71 66.36%
  • Yes

33 30.84%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I want to do so with my IPad, But usually I just close the lid and face the other camera down so I can't be peeped at.

Deleted
    the DNC got hacked a few days ago so..........

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    He does it because of paranoia. Look it up, he is very concerned with other people "watching" him, in a paranoid way.
    I guess because he does it to everyone he's worried about it happening to him.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I can sort of understand the Integrated Camera. I mean, sure it is possible for creative hackers to gain access to that. The microphone jack tho? WTF. Are hackers going to sneak into your house, and plug a mic into your PC when you arent looking, just so they can record you?

Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    No. I can't imagine any one being so desperate to waste his/her life watching me picking my nose. And even if there is, I can't care less about him/her.
    Yeah exactly who cares

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I can sort of understand the Integrated Camera. I mean, sure it is possible for creative hackers to gain access to that.
    The only way they can gain access to that is if you let them by installing their trojan by clicking suspicious links on the internet.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The only way they can gain access to that is if you let them by installing their trojan by clicking suspicious links on the internet.
    Say hello to 90% of the internet using masses. That Poor Nigerian Prince really means well!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Say hello to 90% of the internet using masses. That Poor Nigerian Prince really means well!
    Yeah, I know, you can read more about it here: unsuspicious link
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Covering the camera is easy to do, and easy to check, no reason not to do it.
    If only covering microfones was as simple a fix.

My laptop is not secure. Since it is connected to the internet, the internet is connected to it. Wirelessly, even. And given the fact that no OS (though a honorable mention to OpenBSD) is secure, the less input it has, the better. I kill the unnecessary inputs on my laptop not because I believe anyone actually want to spy on me, but because I do not like that people could.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    My laptop is not secure. Since it is connected to the internet, the internet is connected to it. Wirelessly, even. And given the fact that no OS (though a honorable mention to OpenBSD) is secure, the less input it has, the better. I kill the unnecessary inputs on my laptop not because I believe anyone actually want to spy on me, but because I do not like that people could.
    Better unplug completely, throw away your cellphone, remove all electronic devices from your house, and coat your roof in tinfoil then. Might also want to arrange to never, ever leave your house. Cause, you know, satelites and drones man.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2016-06-23 at 10:49 AM.

I disable mine from device manager because when i was growing up using the internet someone told me this rule "Anything you do or say on the internet can and will be used against you" i have followed that rule most of my life and i have remained safe up to now. Nothing to do with any political opinions i just practice it to stay safe in a world where a lot of bad shit happens to good people. I have seen people posting there phone numbers up and are shocked they get crank calls. I have seen people tell "secrets" online and have them exposed.
    They are the dumb ones, practicing good internet security is just like practicing safe sex.
    Last edited by garr21; 2016-06-23 at 10:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I often do but only because I'm worried I'll accidentally hit share camera button on skype or something and I might not have brushed my hair.

Better unplug completely, throw away your cellphone, remove all electronic devices from your house, and coat your roof in tinfoil then. Might also want to arrange to never, ever leave your house. Cause, you know, satelites and drones man.
    Woo! A successful ridicule on someone you just met on the internet! You so awesome!
    Keep on scoring cheap internet points. Just two and a half million internet points more, and you will level up!

(See what I did there? You did the same to me. Why don't we both stop that tactic, and talk points rather than spewing ridicule at each other? )
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually do, I'm never gonne use that webcam anyay and especially now that lent it do my mother for a few months. No clue what malware she might click
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    (See what I did there? You did the same to me. Why don't we both stop that tactic, and talk points rather than spewing ridicule at each other? )
    The fact that you actually think that what I posted and what you posted are even remotely similar is kind of astonishing. Who pissed in your cheereos this morning?

Terribly sorry that me mocking the sentiment that you would do something not because of an acctual fear, but because of a "potential, maybe, possibly" fear rustled your jimmies so, but by all means, continue to throw meaningless snark back at me if it makes you feel somehow vindicated.

BTW, do you have a nuclear fallout shelter? Somebody may nuke us, so it never hurts to be prepared.

Dont have a laptop but i would if i had one, never know who's watching.

see it a lot at work, do I, nah but I'm not paying for the therapy for anyone that tries and look in on me.....

The fact that you actually think that what I posted and what you posted are even remotely similar is kind of astonishing. Who pissed in your cheereos this morning?

Terribly sorry that me mocking the sentiment that you would do something not because of an acctual fear, but because of a "potential, maybe, possibly" fear rustled your jimmies so, but by all means, continue to throw meaningless snark back at me if it makes you feel somehow vindicated.

BTW, do you have a nuclear fallout shelter? Somebody may nuke us, so it never hurts to be prepared.
    This could've been a good discussion about internet security.
    Guess it won't happen.

*shrug*

I have a built in shutter for it in my laptop