Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Technically speaking road tax is a global warming charge, it doesn't og on the roads. But yeah we pay for all of that.
    Why are we paying taxes to the EU in the first place? Why can't we spend all OUR money on OUR roads and OUR NHS?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Berserker View Post
    Quite simply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRPmXbksPgQ

He makes all my arguments pretty clear.
    so a video posted by some random using the name of a ruler from the 24th century bc

Why are we paying taxes to the EU in the first place? Why can't we spend all OUR money on OUR roads and OUR NHS?
    why do you pay membership fees to any club or organisation that you join?? why can't you just spend all your money on yourself??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    For non-UK posters, a Public School is what you would call a private school.
    tbh few Americans would have had any exposure to what we would think of as a "proper public school" as opposed to one that is simply a fee paying private school. I'm not even sure what the accepted definition is now. (It used to be that a school was considered "public" if it were a part of the Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference).

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    so a video posted by some random using the name of a ruler from the 24th century bc
    Who makes a better argument than anyone here on this forum with their bullshit merchantry.

Our NHS? You mean the one the tories want to rip up even more if we leave the EU? Good luck with that.

Considering the UK has paid for tons of miles of fibre optic cables via BT, sounds like we'd just be paying for Romania's internet for no reason.
    Romania has more fibre optic cables than the UK does.... The UK relies upon the POTS to delivery internet to 99% of the population, aluminium and copper wires, fit for the rubbish bin, yet recycled with the latest xdsl technology.

Other counties such as Romania push FTTB/FTTH and have a significantly higher coverage % of FTTX than the UK does.

Who makes a better argument than anyone here on this forum with their bullshit merchantry.
    I recommend you watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTypBKEd8Y if you care about hearing a better argument, this guy even has some qualifications to back up what he is saying hehe

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Our NHS? You mean the one the tories want to rip up even more if we leave the EU? Good luck with that.
    And you're saying the Tories won't rip up the NHS in the EU..... because? leaving the EU would probably implode the tory party anyway, better than letting cameron sit in his web of falsehoods.

Please never vote again Cameron. He almost brought Eu and UK to the brink of destruction with his moronic promises just to get re elected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    tbh few Americans would have had any exposure to what we would think of as a "proper public school" as opposed to one that is simply a fee paying private school. I'm not even sure what the accepted definition is now. (It used to be that a school was considered "public" if it were a part of the Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference).
    I was going to say "an old private school", but I thought that would be even more confusing.

British people know what I was talking about when I said "...one of the most exclusive Public Schools in the UK."

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    I recommend you watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTypBKEd8Y if you care about hearing a better argument
    Ah, an EU shill.

Pass.

And just to clarify, his entire summary of his "Positive" reason to be in the EU is "The EU is important, and we have a ton of power"

So he's literally lying out of his arse. Also he's scottish, so the bastard would love to stay in the EU because they're a leech state.
    Last edited by Lord Berserker; 2016-06-23 at 03:16 PM.

Ah, an EU shill.

Pass.
    because anyone who is educated and disagrees with you is an EU shill

unlike some random who calls himself Sargon of Akkad and is obviously a shining beacon of truth and freedom, because he happens to support Brexit (and you have no idea why, but don't let that stop you agreeing with him)

So he's literally lying out of his arse.
    again, based on what evidence? Sargon of Akkad again?

so in your opinion the Law course which is taught every year at Liverpool university (what his presentation is based on) is a complete pack of lies? thank god you noticed, I wonder why they allow them to get away with this
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-06-23 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Please never vote again Cameron. He almost brought Eu and UK to the brink of destruction with his moronic promises just to get re elected.
    The EU question has been an issue in British politics for decades, so it needed sorting at one point or another - personally I think Blair should have done it.

And Cameron is not standing for the 2020 election.

Deleted
    And you're saying the Tories won't rip up the NHS in the EU..... because? leaving the EU would probably implode the tory party anyway, better than letting cameron sit in his web of falsehoods.
    If the Tories go, the only party that will get voted in is some sort of Tory/UKIP alliance.

Lib Dems are dead.
    SNP don't have the numbers to take complete control of parliament.
    Labour won't get voted in because of Corbyn.
    Greens won't get voted in because they are the Greens.
    UKIP won't get voted in because they have no policies beyond leave the EU.

Now if we do end up leaving, and the Tories do collapse, all we'll see is UKIP and the more right wing Tories forming a centre right that leans more right than centre, and they will rip our NHS up, and workers rights will go bye bye.

If we leave we will most likely see a general election (I can only hope tories get ousted). As for why not, so far they've held back. Either focusing on brexit or biding their time. People like Boris Johnson are on record for saying people would appreciate the NHS more if we paid for it. The fucking joker.

Personally, with anyone here vote for what ever fits your personal situation. Thats what I am doing. I looked at both arguments disregarded most of the fear mongering on either side and went with the facts. Have to make my vote when I get home tonight but hoping I get a good result.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    And Cameron is not standing for the 2020 election.
    Thank Lord!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you gain access to a whole lot more, but hey half truths is the exit camp forte. If everyone is stronger in the EU zone everyone benefits from this situation financially.

I'll laugh hard when they leave and you lot realize regarding immigration, still have to follow EU regulations if you want free traffic of workers in the EU zone. Same with export to EU which is let us not forget the largest globally. Maybe second largest with the UK gone didn't do the math. Not even going to mention that all policies currently on going are beneficial to the UK regardless of what ever fool claims otherwise.

Other G8 nations have already told the UK that they can't bet on every trade deal simply remaining and regarding the TTIP, you are no longer as relevant.

God, i hope you guys leave sure both parties take a hit but not as hard as the UK and it will send a strong signal to the rest, who believe populist chest thumping nationalists. Would make my day if it ended up with a Brexit even though my company supplies quite a bit to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    If we leave we will most likely see a general election (I can only hope tories get ousted). As for why not, so far they've held back. Either focusing on brexit or biding their time. People like Boris Johnson are on record for saying people would appreciate the NHS more if we paid for it. The fucking joker.

Personally, with anyone here vote for what ever fits your personal situation. Thats what I am doing. I looked at both arguments disregarded most of the fear mongering on either side and went with the facts. Have to make my vote when I get home tonight but hoping I get a good result.
    Boris won't get voted into power either. The tory party won't back him and their entire powerbase will be destroyed, neither will UKIP. Labour however just need to play face, follow the unions, fight for the "free working man" and bang, labour government again.

of course UK politics never move, so we have nothing. getting rid of the NHS would cause riots, so it's a safe bet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Britain's initial application was vetoed not rejected, that means it was blocked for political reasons not economic.
    yes it was vetoed by France, as they thought the UK was going to be the puppet of the US, and just interested in money, and not for any of their goals or ideals.
    Oh my 2/3 spot on.